Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The new Pentax K-x is in... Pentax-RED?!?!?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: The new Pentax K-x is in... Pentax-RED?!?!?! Reply with quote

At least a camera that makes you stand out from the crowd. It's clear that Pentax wants to be seen... It won't be a semi-pro camera of course so I dont't think it really matters. Laughing

However, if it offers Live View then some of us might be interested. Even if it's in red Wink

In the bokeh:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it be sponsored by Ferrari ? Razz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting to say the least. red is not my colour though. the olive version is nice. this one not so much.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://photorumors.com/2009/09/16/breaking-new-pentax-k-x-coming-out-tomorrow/

eh? AA batteries, good, but some of the things I like may be missing...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
http://photorumors.com/2009/09/16/breaking-new-pentax-k-x-coming-out-tomorrow/

eh? AA batteries, good, but some of the things I like may be missing...

like what?
to me it looks great! just about the same form factor as my *istDs and that I find very good!
the only downside I noticed is the pentamirror..but users of the K100/200 with it report that it is still good for MF, wonder how much worse than the pentaprism it really is. Live view and it's magnifications again are great for MF

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those bits don't matter so much-- I wonder if it lacks a cable release provision, and how the legacy lens (stop down manual) metering is arranged.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Japan it will be available in even more colors:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All possible colors: Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was there a camera in that rainbow?? Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coool Cool Cool

I would like to take 058 and my wife 028 please Cool

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a toy, not "professionnal" (juste comparing to digital compact cameras, not to other SLR) Confused

I have the K100D ans always use my MF Lenses (Takumar or Tamron Adaptall), with practice, misfocused shots are scarce Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
Looks like a toy, not "professionnal" (juste comparing to digital compact cameras, not to other SLR) Confused

I have the K100D ans always use my MF Lenses (Takumar or Tamron Adaptall), with practice, misfocused shots are scarce Wink

You could always get the black one and still look professional Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Looks like a toy, not "professionnal" (juste comparing to digital compact cameras, not to other SLR)

having your camera *look* "professional" has nothing to do with actually being a professional. Rolling Eyes

and since this camera was in no way meant to be "professional" why does it have to look like it is?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course "professional" does not necessarily exclusively mean "good photographic tool"; though one would hope "professional" equipment would do the job more consistently and reliably (and possibly even more flexibly) than "amateur" equipment.

I think it would be cool to shoot with a hot orange/pink camera, thumb on nose, using the best old manual focus lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can build your own here:http://www.camera-pentax.jp/k-x/#/simulator/120101

really neat website! too bad these options are apparently only available in Japan.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

006 or 088 for me Cool

Or 092 or 098

Ahh...so many choices Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Séamuis wrote:
you can build your own here:http://www.camera-pentax.jp/k-x/#/simulator/120101

really neat website! too bad these options are apparently only available in Japan.

I like no.93 - if I had to have a coloured one, it's the least objectionable.
And I suppose it won't be long before someone in Japan offers them for worldwide sale. There might be a worthwhile demand for them.