Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Simple house sparrows / SMC Pentax-A* 300mm f/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Simple house sparrows / SMC Pentax-A* 300mm f/4 Reply with quote

Just some simple housefinches from our back garden... Smile

Last edited by Spotmatic on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens, pictures and... skill!

Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, well captured. In the UK these are called House Sparrows: 1 and 2 are the male and 3 is the female.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make everything look simple, but it's not... it's difficult shots taken perfectly.
All perfectly focused, perfect DOF. #1 and #2 have amazing dimensionality.
Beautiful natural colours, so lifelike - I have to say it's so refreshing to see at last nature photos that are not oversaturated.
Top notch, don't know what there is to say more!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys, you are all too kind... After all those are just simple house sparrows (sorry I initially got the species wrong Embarassed ) from my back garden,
the lens was manually focused (of course Wink) and the whole combination was handheld.

Anyway, those were converted from RAW and as always I keep my hands off most of the adjustment sliders.
No need to fiddle with the great colors already there in the nature, eh? Very Happy

Maybe I made things look simple, because it really is? No much effort was needed from my side, really.
The biggest secret is that I never think about technical details before, during and after the shot.
White balance on Auto (as always), camera on P (as always), metering on centerweighted (as always), ISO between 80-400 (as always),
diaphragm fixed at f/5.6 (depends on lens, subject and lighting conditions), check that shutterspeeds are OK and off you go...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see your photographs back ! ... I missed them Wink

This is a lens I would call "reality-lens"! last one has lot's of 3D feel to it ...

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you again Peter Wink ...and nice clear shots as always Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfection...Chapeau bas !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't add to comments above, agree with them all

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
can't add to comments above, agree with them all

patrickh

+ 1

wonderful captured Peter

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the kind comments! For those who haven't seen them here are a few more birds shot with this lens a few months ago:
http://forum.mflenses.com/smc-pentax-a-14-300mm-pentax-k-t46697.html#1205010

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice birdie shots indeed Smile And those sparrows are small, so you did well Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shots. Really my kind of photos! Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous - I am aware of the difficulty of focusing, and you nailed these. Couple that with
outstanding composition, and you have some wonderful images.

The lens - is this the Pentax-A 300 that would normally go on medium format, such as P645?

Larry