Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

(preset) Takumar 105mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: (preset) Takumar 105mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

All shot with Preset Takumar 105mm f2.8 in the bed one early morning.

Three wise monkeys

Fading Laughter

Girl with moon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great portraits, ... the last two are very special and have good sharpness.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY! Welcome back! Nice portraits! I like last one especially!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
great portraits, ... the last two are very special and have good sharpness.

Cheers
Tobias

Yah, the first one is acctually too sharp, i wanted all three monkeys to be a bit blurry. The sharpness I wanted on them was like #2. But it was harder then I thought to get a proper oof. Wink

Thanks for comments.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received one of these, now I can't wait to try it out. Beautiful portraits, especially last two. Adorable model of course Smile Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very well done !

Glorious B&W results ! How did you get that ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Very, very well done !

Glorious B&W results ! How did you get that ?

Well acctually, all postproduction on these images is done in Adobe Camera Raw only. Never bothered to open them in Photoshop. I just turned down saturation, upped the contrast and cropped them. I did do some burning and dodging too on the colour one (also in Camera Raw). But nothing much. So basically, the simplest of all ways, just desaturated.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hat off to you, your subject, and the mighty fine Takumar! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: does it look like this? Reply with quote

lovely photos of your very lovely daughter Zewrak!

when I found a preset Takumar 105/2.8 for little money in New Delhi recently I could not resist, even though I already own the Super Tak and S-M-C Tak 105/2.8

A bit crazy? But since I have it out to f the 3 I have only used the preset. I find it easier to use than the others because of being a preset and it's focus ring runs easier.

I had tried to find photo of the same lens on the net but without success, had found some of a preset Tak 105/2.8 with some silver parts, but mine is all black, looks like this:

same as your?

best greetings,
Andreas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, thats the one i got. With hood Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great work!

You like playing with light a lot

tf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all very nice photos. I like the sepia one best - not because of the hue, but because of the expression of the girl; the suppressed mirth.

Amazing what these old lenses can do in the hands of an accomplished photographer.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaHo wrote:
They are all very nice photos. I like the sepia one best - not because of the hue, but because of the expression of the girl; the suppressed mirth.

Amazing what these old lenses can do in the hands of an accomplished photographer.

Acctually, it is not toned at all. Just decreased saturation and raised contrast. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Fading laughter" is my favourite.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All are great shots, you have Lighting 101 down. Wink