Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an Olympus OM body that doesn't kind of work with a 50/1.8 Zuiko and this...for $10
This is the version made by Komine...well made...very smooth focusing...and accurate

Full Frame, wide open (at 2.8 on 30D) Sharpened to 3 in DPP, no USM after conversion

100% crop (usm 200/2/0)

Very impressive

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's bargains are

And SMC Pentax-M 50/1.7, mint (Looks unused), £15. I'll probably sell this on, I'm not a huge Pentax fan, and I already have a number of fifties.
Vivitar 285 Flash, £5, fully functional, again, very minimal use.
The Vivitar is a monstrous thing, and I love it. I am going to drag it underground with me tomorrow though. Cycle time is a drag though.

Last edited by NewStuff on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday in the thrift store I found a Zenit with a Domiplan with stuck aperture on it Shocked
Someone had taken the original lens off the Zenit and priced it s a single lens.
Preset Helios 44-2 58mm 2.0 (Valdai) in very good condition.
I didn't complain about the wrong lens on the Zenit, but paid the € 2.50 for the Helios. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: zenith e and lenses Reply with quote

I got a Zenith E, working with Helios 44m 58mm f2 lens £5 shabby but working
Tamron Adaptall 300mm f5.6 with m42 mount £5. Shabby but in fine optical and mechanical order edit: Actually its an ADAPT-A-MATIC
Optomax 35mm f2.8 m42 £5 great condition
Optomax 135 f2.8 m42 £5 again in great condition
Aicoset-P 135mm f3.5 T-mount with m42 £5 Really good condition (preset lens)

Twenty five quid for a lovely kit like this. I picked them up at the local Cash Converters. I only popped into town to meet a friend. But did the (usually fruitless) rounds of charity shops and Cash Converters/Generators.

The tamron will be going on my Nikon DSLR if I can find one of the original Adaptall adapters

Edit:
Oh, the same shop a few weeks ago had a 'lens light' for £1.99, it was a Nikon speedlite SB22. Needless to say I got it. Works perfectly on my Nikon DSLR's and FG20 film camera!!

Still, mustn't grumble, while they are not savvy to camera equipment stuff will be cheap!!

Last edited by philslizzy on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:42 pm; edited 6 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: zenith e and lenses Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
The tamron will be going on my Nikon DSLR if I can find one of the original Adaptall adapters

Is this any good to You?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=adaptall%20nikon&_sop=15

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mine is a 70's Adaptall, the item on ebay is Adaptall 2 (II), I saw this. Thanks anyway! I saw one for sale via a camera shop. I'll phone them in the morning to see if it will fit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: not a lens but.... Reply with quote

$9....good heft...designed for 6+ lbs...Seems well made....that little pin sticking out is a lock to prevent accendental pulling out of the quick release lever...a nice touch...

Supports the 1kg 300/4.5 Nikkor on a 30D (.7Kg) very nicely....
....I read somewhere on the web that someone couldn't get it to hold a Rebel...must not have known how to use it...that, or it was broken...

Last edited by mfkita on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good head , I have similar design works very well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have, quite literally, bought that head today. Albeit it, it was branded as "Jessops". £19.99.... *sigh*

In my defence, I needed it for a trip out tomorrow, and I knew I was going to pay through the nose for it.

It's good and sturdy, holds my 400D+Grip just fine. Given that I got such a good bargain on my Tripod, I shouldn't really bitch.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewStuff wrote:
I have, quite literally, bought that head today. Albeit it, it was branded as "Jessops". £19.99.... *sigh*

In my defence, I needed it for a trip out tomorrow, and I knew I was going to pay through the nose for it.

It's good and sturdy, holds my 400D+Grip just fine. Given that I got such a good bargain on my Tripod, I shouldn't really bitch.

It actually came on the end of a Samsonite (?!) tripod that is on its way to be donated to another thrift shop, after I fix it!

And 20 pounds is less than it costs at Best Buy (?!) in the US...so you did just fine...

And...it's always nice to find myself in good company of shared gear...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewStuff wrote:

mfkita,
I've not seen these before. Is it a head or does it screw to an existing head? It looks from this angle like a ball and socket head.
Are there spare camera plates available?
Importantly (for me) Is it a current item? i.e can I pick one up from Jessops now?
Whats it look like with a camera on top?

Sorry about the questions but I do weddings sometimes and I am popping the cameras on and off the tripod all day.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
NewStuff wrote:

mfkita,
I've not seen these before. Is it a head or does it screw to an existing head? It looks from this angle like a ball and socket head.
Are there spare camera plates available?
Importantly (for me) Is it a current item? i.e can I pick one up from Jessops now?
Whats it look like with a camera on top?

Sorry about the questions but I do weddings sometimes and I am popping the cameras on and off the tripod all day.

Yes, go to Jessops. You want the BH-40. £19.99. Even my small branch had one in stock.
http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/77744/show.html

I'm not sure about spare plates, but I'll have a look around Ebay, and see if I can find anything that matches if Jessops themselves don't.

This screws to either Legs with a 3/8" or 1/4" screw, or I suppose You could screw it straight to another tripod head with a 1/4" screw.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Newstuff

It looks awfully small and flimsy compared to my Manfrotto head. I guess I'll have to look at one in person.

Thanks for the heads up anyway, I'm off to Jessops this morning.

edit: "heads up" ha ha no pun intended

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Cheers Newstuff

It looks awfully small and flimsy compared to my Manfrotto head. I guess I'll have to look at one in person.

I see what You did there Very Happy

Mine is sitting on the CF Manfrotto I bagged for £15, and it doesn't look out of place. I'm fairly impressed for a cheap piece of kit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello

2-3 weeks ago a EL nikkor 75/f4 on flea market for 10€, i'm happy Smile

it was very good cosmetically ,just a small fungus easy to clean

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Cheers Newstuff

Hope this helps to give some scale...the rating for the Sunpak is 3kg
(even the Slik holds my 30D/300mm Nikkor okay...)

at jessops: as you can see it is a generic 3rd party piece for local labeling...

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/77744/show.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found a cheap yashica ml 35/2.8 yaschica ml 50/1.4 and yashinon dx 50/1.4 Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy - I can report that the head is plenty sturdy, and survived being bashed around in an abandoned Slate Mine today, including a 50ft abseil down an wet, slippery, airshaft into the mine itself. Good stuff for something so cheap.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamiya Sekor 60mm Macro f/2.8 for 20$. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TijmenDal wrote:
Mamiya Sekor 60mm Macro f/2.8 for 20$. Very Happy

Shocked that's some bargain!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought this from a local charity shop for £2.50. Very Happy It is in excellent condition, aperture and focus move smoothly.

IMG_1236 by killwilly, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last weekend, I picked up a Minolta MD Rokkor 100mm F4 Macro in Tokyo. It included the matched macro extension tube.

Total price was 1000yen!!!!! (about $13 USD or about 10 EUR) It's in almost mint condition, no fungus or haze.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also picked up a Nikkor 85mm F2 Ai-s. It cost 6300 yen (about $80 USD or about 65 EUR)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus Zuiko 24mm f/2.8 MC version for 115$ which is 90€, which I think is a good deal.
I've been scoping one for over a year and finally found a decent deal on one. YEAH!
Not a bargain by any means, but you wouldn't believe the state this lens is in. Absolutely immaculate. Like, straight out of the box. I don't know how the former owner did it, but it's just so damn perfect!

I'm a very happy man now!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that now that the Rokkor 1.8/55 has been cured of the sticky iris, that and the Optomax 6.3/400 for £8 total makes them a bargain. I was pleased with the Zeiss Ikon Contina for £4 the same day.