Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a nice solid tripod...they always come in handy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry XMas Oldhand !!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Oldhand"]I am embarrassed to list this post, but have always watched this thread with interest and indeed envy.
However today I was given some surplus equipment from a photographic acquaintance who knows of my interest in all things MF.
Yashica Minister 35mm rangefinder camera.
A complete Toyo View 45G and two accompanying Schneider lenses.
Zenza Bronica ETRS with 50, 75 and 150mm lenses prism finders and multiple backs.
Sundry darkroom equipt incl Beseler enlarger and lenses to suit.
It is going to take me a few days to sort through, but to say I am lucky is probably an understatement.
Please don't throw anything ....... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
OH

My goodness, is it Christmas already? Where do people get friends like that? Very Happy
Congratulations! I hope you have great fun with it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your kind words.
Yes, it does feel like Xmouse.
Here is the tripod - solid it is.
OH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
OH

I've always had this disturbing suspicion that fellows who receive presents like these usually deserve them Smile
Nice looking tripod. Is it stiff enough to hold the view camera?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
OH

I've always had this disturbing suspicion that fellows who receive presents like these usually deserve them Smile
Nice looking tripod. Is it stiff enough to hold the view camera?

Many thanks.
The tripod is a Toyo TPA-II which is likely a match for the 45G field camera.
It is heavy and weighs in over 5kg - which is where our kitchen scales stop.
I think it will do.
Now all I have to do is work out how view cameras work and find some film.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
OH

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gosh, Oldhand, I wish I had some friends like that. Closest I've ever come was a fellow who I bought a Nikon PB-4 from, decided to give me a black F2 with photomic finder and a MD-2/MB-1motor drive. I was elated, but it falls well short of your haul.

I own an ETRSi -- it's a helluva camera, I think you'll like it . . . A lot. If your Bronica gear doesn't include the Speedgrip, I recommend you pick one up. You can usually find them on eBay in the $40 range. With the grip attached, it handles like a big 35mm SLR.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
My gosh, Oldhand, I wish I had some friends like that. Closest I've ever come was a fellow who I bought a Nikon PB-4 from, decided to give me a black F2 with photomic finder and a MD-2/MB-1motor drive. I was elated, but it falls well short of your haul.

I own an ETRSi -- it's a helluva camera, I think you'll like it . . . A lot. If your Bronica gear doesn't include the Speedgrip, I recommend you pick one up. You can usually find them on eBay in the $40 range. With the grip attached, it handles like a big 35mm SLR.

Gratias Michael.
Here is the kit - and it seems to include the speedgrip.
OH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very nice! You've almost a complete outfit. I bought an AE-II prism for my system, couldn't afford the AE-III. It works well enough. Looks like your outfit doesn't have a metering prism.

Also you mentioned your Toyo 4x5 came with two Schneider lenses. Just curious, which ones did you get?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Very, very nice! You've almost a complete outfit. I bought an AE-II prism for my system, couldn't afford the AE-III. It works well enough. Looks like your outfit doesn't have a metering prism.

Also you mentioned your Toyo 4x5 came with two Schneider lenses. Just curious, which ones did you get?

Actually Michael, I cannot tell if the Bronica is an ERTS or an ETRC - how does one do this?
The book is written for both.
As to the Toyo and its lenses - well there are in fact three lenses - there was one attached to the camera when I opened the box Embarassed .
Anyhoo here they are
Symmar S 5.6/210
Symmar S 5.6/100
Super-Angulon 8/120 Embarassed
OH

PS - Camerapedia to the rescue. It is an ETRS from what I read as it has detachable backs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Oldhand. You lucky SoB, haha! Christmas sure came (very) early this year.
Those are two insanely nice kits. To say I'm envious wouldn't even be right Wink

Enjoy! Especially the Toyo... Such a nice camera!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TijmenDal wrote:
Damn Oldhand. You lucky SoB, haha! Christmas sure came (very) early this year.
Those are two insanely nice kits. To say I'm envious wouldn't even be right Wink

Enjoy! Especially the Toyo... Such a nice camera!

Thank you - I am embarrassed by the generosity of my friend.
I thought that I would not be doing any wet photography with film again, but that has all changed.
Stay tuned, this will be a long road back I think. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
OH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, congrats to that awesome gift, I guess you owe your friend a beer Wink
Cheers,
Timo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Räbenfluch wrote:
Wow, congrats to that awesome gift, I guess you owe your friend a beer Wink
Cheers,
Timo

LOL - more than a beer I think.
Interestingly, I have another friend called Timo, who has a darkroom .......................
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

OH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a P. ANGENIEUX PARIS 35MM 2.5 RETROFOCUS TYPE R1 in M42 screw mount for $25 Very Happy its a bit beat up but still, a Rollei planar 50mm 1.8 for $30 and a Taylor Hobson 25mm 1.9 c mount lens for $10, its been a good day!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Layer-cake wrote:
I just picked up a P. ANGENIEUX PARIS 35MM 2.5 RETROFOCUS TYPE R1 in M42 screw mount for $25 Very Happy its a bit beat up but still, a Rollei planar 50mm 1.8 for $30 and a Taylor Hobson 25mm 1.9 c mount lens for $10, its been a good day!!

You can sell the Angénieux for more than 30 times you paid on eBay if it is in good condition. I would suggest keep it if you are not short of cash.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was quite dusty and I didn't want to try and clean it in the shop, seems its got some coating damage on the front and back outer elements its still use able but I'm not to found of the pictures I've taken so far with it, I also bought a kilfitt kilar E 4cm 3.5 macro for $30 and I'm loving it:) I have a kilar D 4cm 2.8 already but the E produces much nicer images so far.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Layer-cake wrote:
it was quite dusty and I didn't want to try and clean it in the shop, seems its got some coating damage on the front and back outer elements its still use able but I'm not to found of the pictures I've taken so far with it, I also bought a kilfitt kilar E 4cm 3.5 macro for $30 and I'm loving it:) I have a kilar D 4cm 2.8 already but the E produces much nicer images so far.

Apart from buying lenses, you should also spend more time on taking photos and sharing them with us.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHA that is a very good point Wink I should be getting my new c mount adapter either tomorrow or Monday, I'm so happy I can barely contain myself!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coating damage on the Angenieux's is normal,both of mine suffer from it....$25 what a steal Cool I would like to see some images from Sth Africa.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be my pleasure, I have so many to sort through and I never document the lens I've used unless I can remember from memory.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Layer-cake wrote:
it would be my pleasure, I have so many to sort through and I never document the lens I've used unless I can remember from memory.

When uploading files from camera to computer, I always rename them and include the date, the name of the cam and lens.
For renaming, I use Canon's Eos software DPP (Digital Photography Professional) : very quick and easy.
For P&P, editing and printing, I use Lightroom 4.

Then, when searching for samples from a specific lens, I just have to do a file search.

Like Moïra, I'd like to see some South Afrika pictures. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a mint Olympus Trip for 3€ today on Kingsday. Not a bargain, but it's in really good condition, which isn't too often.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack 1

-MINT Minolta XD7 + Winder + Remote cord + Databack.
-MINT Minolta X700 + Winder + Remote cord + Databack + Motor Drive + manuals.
-MINT SR-7 + Angle finder.
-Dozens of filters, accesories, an original Minolta to M42 adapter an even the manual of a MD 400 f5.6/600 f6.3 APO that wasn't on the set.
-A MINT MD 75-200 f4.5 + shade + pouch
-A MINT Soligor 400 f6.3 M42 + pouch
-A MINT Rokkor Auto 58 f1.4 + shade + original Minolta filter.
-A MINT Rokkor Auto 135 f2.8 preset + shade + pouch.
-A MINT MD 50 f1.2.
-A MINT MD 135 f2 + pouch

330€

Pack 2

-A decorative Rolleiflex with Xenar (broken shutter).
-Edixa Wirgin + Scheneider Xenar 50 f2.8 M42.
-A Mamiya M645J + Sekor-C 80 f2.8.
-A Voigtländer Skopagon 40 f2
-A boxed Orestor 135 f2.8

160€

Both in local ads with very vague descriptions and difficult/lazy sellers and both in the same day after almost a year without finding big bargains.

Just as an example of the condition of most things:

http://postimg.org/gallery/ckesuehw/

http://postimg.org/gallery/2fk6o4is/

http://postimg.org/gallery/3exmhcro/

And the weird thing is that it didn't made me happy at all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lovely set of Rokkors! Cool