Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Took the Mat to the cemetery
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Took the Mat to the cemetery Reply with quote

Loaded up 3 rolls of Delta 100, developed in Ilfosol 3, Epson 4490. Yashica Mat 124G.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow the first has fantastic 3D Shocked

Do you remember the aperture?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks - aperture was somewhere around 5.6 - 8. I had to move to the left so the lion's head hid the car parked behind it Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice captured expression. I can't figure out the difference in rendition bewteen the 2 but it worx for me Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive love the second Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:
Very nice captured expression. I can't figure out the difference in rendition bewteen the 2 but it worx for me Laughing

It's the lab he took the film to have developed. The tech was probably
drunk when he processed these. Laughing

I like them both, excellent work, Jussi! My guess was f5.6 in the first.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so good..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Both were developed before the bar opens, and scanned before the rooster crows. I did reduce the green etc on the lion scan, though it never was the brown tone of the other one.

One of the mysteries of the scanner, what triggers the tones.

thanks everyone - the cemetery is a strange place, and of course stupid me didn't bring along color film for the leaves.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 is Clarence the melancholic lion.
Odd request by someone, back sometime. "Make a lion for the grave, but make it look sad." It wasn't painted gold, was it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver actually.

This cemetery is a strange one - the main one has all religions and nationalities mixed in -Christian, Moslem, and a bunch I can't identify, different sections with different funeral traditions. Some are jolly actually, others somber, and there's a section with pinwheels and flags etc. Anyway, going back to the 1800's, they didn't let Jews mix with the Christians, so there's a bit of a ghetto cemetery with its own entrance... and inside this Jewish section, just as grand monuments and sculptures as on the Christian side. I think there was a big cult of the dead in the late 1800's, not to mention a bunch of new fortunes made.

Goes to show, you may not be able to take it with you, but you sure can pile it on top of your body when you go.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very pleasing shots to view.

I love the very last one.

Cheers
Tobias