Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spotmatic's little bag o' lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Looks shiny new Shocked I worry to take it out LOL Congrats!

Thanks. Of course it is not new; there are enough spots here and there, so I'm not afraid to take it out Smile

I do want to have it adjusted, even though 1s is indeed 1s on the shutter. But the front part is wobbly (not uncommon in Bessas), I hope this can be adjusted too. Any ideas for a good repairman in the EU?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Attila wrote:
Looks shiny new Shocked I worry to take it out LOL Congrats!

Thanks. Of course it is not new; there are enough spots here and there, so I'm not afraid to take it out Smile

I do want to have it adjusted, even though 1s is indeed 1s on the shutter. But the front part is wobbly (not uncommon in Bessas), I hope this can be adjusted too. Any ideas for a good repairman in the EU?

Trifox can manage to send to Slovakia. My repairman was too slow last time.

I think first try it out, perhaps don't need to adjust at all. Half on my Bessa RF did work immediately fine. Some of them need to adjust RF but shutter was fine all above 1s. None of them has working B.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

I think first try it out, perhaps don't need to adjust at all. Half on my Bessa RF did work immediately fine. Some of them need to adjust RF but shutter was fine all above 1s. None of them has working B.

I will try it out first of course. But I have just checked and both B and T work perfectly. Maybe your examples work too because with B and T, the shutter does not have to be cocked first (it cannot be cocked in those two settings, but B and T definitely do work).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't set them to B position.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to preserve those pictures in this thread Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just added to the bunch: a minty Super-Takumar 85mm f/1.9 complete with the matching hood, caps and case. I'm a happy camper! Very Happy

My other 85/1.9 is already spoken for, by the way.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Just added to the bunch: a minty Super-Takumar 85mm f/1.9 complete with the matching hood, caps and case. I'm a happy camper! Very Happy

My other 85/1.9 is already spoken for, by the way.

Congrats! Such a great lens!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have finally moved my lenses (which were scattered all over the house) to a dedicated cupboard. They are now safe behind glass!

Looking at them now I do not appear to have that many lenses so there's enough room for the 80mm f/1.8 Komura Wink Photos will follow shortly.

Last edited by Spotmatic on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spot wrote:
Looking at them now I do not appear to have that many lenses

Laughing
how big is the cupboard Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that big Smile

Most accessories and cameras are still in their boxes, so I don't have them in this cupboard. I haven't even found them Laughing

Anyway, here's my little collection of lenses. As you can see there are not that much lenses... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your lenses not get light , due front cap is on, I suggest to remove them and put on cheap used UV filters as front cap and if temperature can be hot , better to store them upside down due in this position grease can go to aperture from helicoid.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell me why that is better? It will never get hot here though... And not humid either.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Can you tell me why that is better? It will never get hot here though... And not humid either.

If not humid should ok. Fungus like dark ,humid places.Most of the fungus born on those lenses what owner took care as well kept them with both caps.
Here at every photographic shops lenses are stored without caps and upside down. We have hot days and humid too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Your lenses not get light , due front cap is on, I suggest to remove them and put on cheap used UV filters as front cap and if temperature can be hot , better to store them upside down due in this position grease can go to aperture from helicoid.

But how does light get in there when the lenses are stored upside down, Attila? Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Attila wrote:

But how does light get in there when the lenses are stored upside down, Attila? Wink

surely , in this case no cap on rare side.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very impressive collection Peter

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to add this set to my kit tonight (the A 75 is missing from the photo but is included):

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have only wide angle lenses isnt it ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
You'll have only wide angle lenses isnt it ?

No; the 150mm is in this kit too. The whole kit:

- 35mm
- 45mm
- 75mm
- 150mm
- Extension tubes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather complete kit also. But I prefer the design of my 67, I don't like the 645 with this big box Confused The problem of the 6x7 is its weigh Razz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
Rather complete kit also. But I prefer the design of my 67, I don't like the 645 with this big box Confused The problem of the 6x7 is its weigh Razz

I contemplated about getting the 67 too, but in the end I decided that it doesn't fit my photographic style (outdoor), the 6x7 is more of a tripod/studio camera.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always use my 67 handhald, even with the velvia 50 Razz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
I always use my 67 handhald, even with the velvia 50 Razz

I didn't say it cannot be done, but I don't need the extra workout for my biceps Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that what I like most on the 67 is its sound Very Happy I never heard a 645 Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
I think that what I like most on the 67 is its sound Very Happy I never heard a 645 Rolling Eyes

I was hand held fun too till I saws how much more sure to make good images from tripod especially with low ISO films. Film, process , time to make it, quite costly so I try to do maximum as possible to get better result include using tripod or mono-pod at least.