Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spotmatic's little bag o' lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I be marked for on your heritage ? Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God bless you. Excellence is its own reward.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Before I forget...

Before you start again...don't Laughing Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I forget Twisted Evil : the 83mm f/1.9 Takumar is just in. It's in a quite nice condition, smooth focus and diaphragm action. The blades are a little oily but I have seen that in more pre-set Takumar lenses. I won't bother with cleaning them as it does not interfere with the functionality at all. I have a hard time counting them, but there appear to be 20 blades and a perfectly round diaphragm. It came in the lens case of the 50mmf /4 Takumar and there is still space left (just to show you how small the 83mm actually is).

Also on its way to me: the 1:4 35mm Takumar (pre-set in black & chrome) from the late 50's. A fairly uncommon lens about which is said that it's probably the first Japanese 35mm SLR wideangle lens. 4 Elements in 4 groups according to Gerjan van Oosten. Optically it's not as good as the later 35mm f/3.5 Takumar but in this case this is not as important of course.

Also before I forget Twisted Evil I have a lead on the 100mm f/3.5 Takumar (pre-set in black & chrome). Super rare and I hope that I have enough persuasiveness. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to give my adress instead of yours to send the packages Razz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
Don't forget to give my adress instead of yours to send the packages Razz

Oh yes, now I know what I wanted to forget! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Before I forget Twisted Evil : the 83mm f/1.9 Takumar is just in.

Spotmatic wrote:
Also before I forget Twisted Evil I have a lead on the 100mm f/3.5 Takumar (pre-set in black & chrome). Super rare and I hope that I have enough persuasiveness. Wink

The best medicine for all the possible forgetfulness you may experience now and in the future, is to forget about these two lenses - you'll wake up tomorrow morning and think, "ah yes, before I forget, today's the day I post those two Taks to my good friend Mal in Ireland. Oh, I must also send some other easily forgettable lenses and some money for his addiction..." Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have my complete.....envy. Shocked Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I forget: I have just received another goodie: an Accura Supertel TC 1:1.9 f=85mm preset lens with T-mount. I got this from Sweden for the enormous sum of... 44 euros (shipping included). I'm not sure why the low price: there's a star-shaped "thing" inside the lens (like splashed oil , maybe a drop of oil from the blades) and the diaphragm is oily, but other than that the lens is easily excellent. Everything works smooth and it seems to be a sharp one. The lens is fairly thin and long - more like a 105mm lens. Nice gold single-coating too.

I'll try to post some samples tonight, as well as pictures of the lens.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Before I forget: I have just received another goodie: an Accura Supertel TC 1:1.9 f=85mm preset lens with T-mount. I got this from Sweden for the enormous sum of... 44 euros (shipping included). I'm not sure why the low price: there's a star-shaped "thing" inside the lens (like splashed oil , maybe a drop of oil from the blades) and the diaphragm is oily, but other than that the lens is easily excellent. Everything works smooth and it seems to be a sharp one. The lens is fairly thin and long - more like a 105mm lens. Nice gold single-coating too.

I'll try to post some samples tonight, as well as pictures of the lens.

Great! I am looking for that I expect good results!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I'll keep this set, but I got it for a ridiculous low price. The 9cm f/4 elmar has fungus though and the shutter needs work but apart from that my money was well spent I think!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed sell it and buy something useful, I had this Leica amazing piece, but I found not for me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a little bit busy lately, but I managed to grab an Eyemik 135mm f/1.8 lens including original front cap and case, for EUR 100. I spotted it in a camera set and the seller was willing to sell the lens to me separately.

Is it still true that all 135mm f/1.8 lenses at that time were made by Sigma, and that this Eyemik is in fact a Sigma?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
I have been a little bit busy lately, but I managed to grab an Eyemik 135mm f/1.8 lens including original front cap and case, for EUR 100. I spotted it in a camera set and the seller was willing to sell the lens to me separately.

Is it still true that all 135mm f/1.8 lenses at that time were made by Sigma, and that this Eyemik is in fact a Sigma?

SNAP!!! I got the Accura version of this lens just yesterday (along with an Accura-badged 2/28, 4 x Takumars, a Black SL in beautiful condition, AOC filters, other stuff), and did some research into the Sigmacity of these lenses - seems like yes, they were all 'probably' manufactured by Sigma. Spiratone, Samigon and Rokunar are other badges that these lenses wore.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

SNAP!!! I got the Accura version of this lens just yesterday (along with an Accura-badged 2/28, 4 x Takumars, a Black SL in beautiful condition, AOC filters, other stuff), and did some research into the Sigmacity of these lenses - seems like yes, they were all 'probably' manufactured by Sigma. Spiratone, Samigon and Rokunar are other badges that these lenses wore.

I saw an old soligor 1,8/135 (I don't know if the seller want to sell really the lens, u$s 300 !!!!! ????? He modified the price, don't know why).

Could be a sigma too?

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 135/1.8 is branded Beroflex but looks like a Panagor Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

Congratulations with the purchase, I'd love to make a comparison some time in the future! Somehow a 135mm f/1.8 does appeal to me not only because of its speed, but also because of the sheer size. Of course, the lens is probably quite soft wide open, but who would want to use this lens stopped down? Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really looking forward to getting to use the lens tomorrow and Sunday - seems like I leave the house when it's dark and return to the house when it's dark Crying or Very sad

Hope it's not too much of a thread hijack, but here's the Accura version (it also says it's a Formula V by Mitake on the outer 'shade' Confused) - my smallest 135 is next to it for size comparison purposes...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thank you for showing! The accura gets a 10 from me because of the looks Smile

"Formula V" by Mitake? That's funny, since the Eyemik brand was owned by Mitake Optical Co.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Well, thank you for showing! The accura gets a 10 from me because of the looks Smile

"Formula V" by Mitake? That's funny, since the Eyemik brand was owned by Mitake Optical Co.

Thanks for your words - the more I look at it, the more I like its big, beefy, butch looks Embarassed

As to the Mitake bit, that's the exact wording on the outer rim of the lens.

But it gets better - the 2/28 I got in the same bundle is also an Accura. And it too has exactly the same wording around the rim. It has its original box which is branded 'Formula 5, 28mm F2 Automatic for PENTAX Group. Marketed and Warranted by Interphoto Corp. Long Island City NY 11101'. and has its original price-tag of $189.95 still attached. There's a lens schematic which shows 9 elements in 8 groups on the outside of the box too Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the Mitake Formula 5 135mm f/1.8 lens:

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:

It's identical in every way to the one I've just got - but mine definitely says 'Accura' on the inner rim - specifically; "accura 1:1.8 f=135mm 82∅ No.531256 lens made in Japan"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

It's identical in every way to the one I've just got - but mine definitely says 'Accura' on the inner rim - specifically; "accura 1:1.8 f=135mm 82∅ No.531256 lens made in Japan"

Right now I have the feeling that Mitake Optical Co. made most of these (I mean the Spiratones, Porsts, Weltblicks etc.). Looking at your lens it definitely doesn't shout "Sigma!" to me. I should look into it a little bit more, but at this time I think that the lenses with a 77mm filter thread are Sigmas, and those with a 82mm thread are Mitakes. I may be wrong though. Tomioka is also mentioned a lot when I search on 135/1.8's.

(The Lens Collector's Vade Mecum does not know either Mitake or Eyemik).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Right now I have the feeling that Mitake Optical Co. made most of these (I mean the Spiratones, Porsts, Weltblicks etc.). Looking at your lens it definitely doesn't shout "Sigma!" to me. I should look into it a little bit more, but at this time I think that the lenses with a 77mm filter thread are Sigmas, and those with a 82mm thread are Mitakes. I may be wrong though. Tomioka is also mentioned a lot when I search on 135/1.8's.

Having done a quick Google Image search, I agree - the lens is definitely more similar in look to the Weltblick and Porst versions than any Sigma.

Spotmatic wrote:
(The Lens Collector's Vade Mecum does not know either Mitake or Eyemik).

And SNAP!!! again - had just been searching the same thing Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've received my copy of the 135/1.8: Auto Eyemik Multi-Coated 1:1.8 f=135mm No. 531754. The serial number is close to yours (Mal1905) and the outer finish is the same too (down to the location of the JCII sticker), so it's clear that these were made by the same company.

I got the lens with the case, hood and front cap, but the damn previous owner seems to have used some sandpaper to clean the front element Evil or Very Mad Fortunately only the coating seems to be affected and I'm sure the lens will still work well. We'll see tomorrow!

The style of the lens and the diaphragm ring closely resembles that of the Porst 35mm f/1.8 I had in the past.