Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus E 4/3's system and manual focus lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Olympus E 4/3's system and manual focus lenses Reply with quote

Please post your comments here for new members as a reference. Mount adapter, compatability, AF confirm chip availability etc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob,
Nice to have a place to comment on the 4/3 Olympus. I haven't gotten one yet, but I'm behind one right now. I saw a nice couple made by a E-300 and an Industar 50 small lens, and I felt that was my "compact" camera to wear around...
So hopefully I'll be soon asking for adapters to M42, Adaptall-2 and Contax/Yashica lenses for the Oly.
But by now, let's wait until the Oly will become real.
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

restarted photography with a Nikon D50 , fantastic camera especially for money what you have to pay, but because register distance is the longest to use other lenses chance is very limited.

I had to choice a different camera I could choice from following ones:
- Canon 350D
- Pentax K100D
-Olympus E300,E500,E1

Canon 350D was to small to my hand any other parameter was pretty ok.
Built in Flash not allowed to use large diameter lenses like Russian mirrors.
Can't use one of the finest Konica lenses.
It has focus confirmation adapters HUGE BENEFITS!

-Pentax choices same limited than on Nikon, so wasn't a serious possibility.

Olympus Exxx

E300,E500 mostly ok, but I bought an E500 and black LCD was so crappy, I brought back immediately the shop after some test shoots. I thought both have same crap LCD back so I didn't count with E300 too. E330 was so expensive and no benefits from live view to me.
Only choice remain E-1 , this time latest copies were still available brand new in some shop.

E-1 benefits
- short register distance as all 4/3 system allmost all lenses are adaptable
- professional wheather proof build
- huge I hate small woman cameras like latest DSLR-s
- no built in flash so large diameter lenses are usable
- with little modification Konica lenses are adaptable
- compare camera quality price is low.
- easy user replacable split screen

Disadvantages
- no focus confirmation adapter available
(changing Russian made for Olympus E-300,E500, E410,etc, only E-1 not works fine yet.)

I sugesst to take a look on latest models , how the black LCD works and try to get information about Russian made confirmation adapter.If you have adapter black LCD not very important so you can get cheaply an excellent E-300.

If I have money for a second camera I will take a Canon D400 it has so many benefits I listen to Orio.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
-Pentax choices same limited than on Nikon, so wasn't a serious possibility.

This isn't right Attila. M42 lenses can be used easily on all Pentax cameras with the ring type of M42 adapter that fits inside the K mount bayonet. Pentax have been making these since they first changed to the K mount.

The M42-K adapters with flanges that Roxsen sell are the wrong type. They can't focus on inifinity.

Quote:
If I have money for a second camera I will take a Canon D400 it has so many benefits I listen to Orio.

My camera is a 400D. It has many benefits but also many faults. If ever I have enough money for a second camera I will probably take the Pentax K10D or the K100D Super Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M42 lenses are just part of MF lenses word, I meant limited for this reason .

On Canon or Olympus you can mount Leica-R, Contax, Olympus OM, Nikon,M42, Konica, Minolta MD , Exakta etc. Not comparable with Pentax...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

My camera is a 400D. It has many benefits but also many faults. If ever I have enough money for a second camera I will probably take the Pentax K10D or the K100D Super Smile

As usual we know perfectly only the current camera and we know all weakness... and all depend from goals, a Nikon user can be very happy with his camera like Seymore who don't want to use Contax or Olympus OM lenses. A Pentax owner also can be very happy if use Pentax-K and M42 lenses only. Only Canon and Olympus users has a possibility to use largest choices , this is the reason why I say Canon and Olympus only the way for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You paid wide angel option in camera price itself ...

For wide angle I vote for film cameras any other option is to expensive for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Quote:

As usual we know perfectly only the current camera and we know all weakness... and all depend from goals, a Nikon user can be very happy with his camera like Seymore who don't want to use Contax or Olympus OM lenses. A Pentax owner also can be very happy if use Pentax-K and M42 lenses only. Only Canon and Olympus users has a possibility to use largest choices , this is the reason why I say Canon and Olympus only the way for me.

Yes, this is very true. I'm a M42 and Pentax-K only user too and, even though there are very many great lenses from other mounts, I'm not really interested in using anything else. It's a different viewpoint from yours Attila, I'm sorry I didn't think about that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Hi Bob,
Nice to have a place to comment on the 4/3 Olympus. I haven't gotten one yet, but I'm behind one right now. I saw a nice couple made by a E-300 and an Industar 50 small lens, and I felt that was my "compact" camera to wear around...
So hopefully I'll be soon asking for adapters to M42, Adaptall-2 and Contax/Yashica lenses for the Oly.
But by now, let's wait until the Oly will become real.
Best regards,
Jes.

Jes, I'm reasonably sure this little pic made from a 1.2MP camera
didn't influence you in any way:

My e300 cost $215 ($205 + $10 shipping) and came with 3 batteries and
a charger, all paperwork and software, original box, not bad for an 8MP
camera!

I think you will like the e300! Smile

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently I found E-300 body selling cheaply on Ebay.uk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one problem of Oly E500 I found - Noise....even at only ISO400

I'm looking for an E330 and found in an eBay store. It's a new camera, body only (good for me) about $410 plus shipping to Thailand.

Anyone have experience for buying new cameras from eBay store?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO, but how about guarantee ? Here in my country Hungary if we buy something from abroad not from local representative , if any trouble happen need to send to abroad for fixing. (this is a risk again and takes long time) I buy new camera always from local representative even if price is higher.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: AF confirm and IS Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?p=26695#26695 Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Universal lens adapter for Olympus 4/3 Reply with quote

Interesting !!!
CLICK

TRANSLATION

I don't know russian but from this table http://oly43club.ru/_images/adapters/XXX/XXX_compatibility.jpg I would understand that the adapter can be used with the mentioned mount type lenses (mounting them and establishing communication with the camera, making able the focus confirmation and use of in body stabilizer in case of of E-510 and E-3) but in the case of Canon FD and Minolta MD infinity focus can not be reached.
But I'm note sure. Sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The XXX - 4/3 adapter with AF confirm and image stabilizer.

modify 25.01.08

description on English:

http://oly43club.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=311

Last edited by VGR on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting solution!!
I hope that someone may come up with something similar for Canon EOS.

-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Universal lens adapter for Olympus 4/3 Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
But I'm note sure. ...

Well, now I'm sure Smile

The advantage would be the use of Praktica B lenses together with the ability to reach infinity focus with them (besides the fact that can be used only one adapter for many kind of lenses).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@VGR
Nice piece of design to make it universal. The combined adapter+chip looks like a winner.
I would suggest you have a permanent link in your sig to the product, so newcomers can see it and it avoids any activity that some might view as spamming.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Olympus E-300 + an Olympus E-1. I know it not works on E-1, can use chipped adapter on E-1 even if not works like a simple not chipped one ? I would use adapter on both camera.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Interesting solution!!

Thanks!

To us have already suggested to make an adapter XXX -Canon EOSso now we studies this idea ...

montecarlo wrote:

The advantage would be the use of Praktica B lenses together with the ability to reach infinity focus with them (besides the fact that can be used only one adapter for many kind of lenses).

Praktica B Now low-cost and very attractive! my Prakticar 50/1.4 I have bought for $50 and Through adapter XXX-4/3 it becomes ideal for Olympus 4/3...

Farside wrote:
Nice piece of design to make it universal. The combined adapter+chip looks like a winner.
I would suggest you have a permanent link in your sig to the product, so newcomers can see it and it avoids any activity that some might view as spamming.

These adapters are invented by photographers (instead of sellers) !

Money gained from sales helps us to be develop )))

Attila wrote:

I have an Olympus E-300 + an Olympus E-1. I know it not works on E-1, can use chipped adapter on E-1 even if not works like a simple not chipped one ? I would use adapter on both camera.

Now we work over the new version of AF/IS emulator chip in which all will be corrected Wink

It is a little more patience ...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VGR wrote:
Orio wrote:
Interesting solution!!

Thanks!

To us have already suggested to make an adapter XXX -Canon EOSso now we studies this idea ...

montecarlo wrote:

Praktica B Now low-cost and very attractive! my Prakticar 50/1.4 I have bought for $50 and Through adapter XXX-4/3 it becomes ideal for Olympus 4/3...

Farside wrote:

These adapters are invented by photographers (instead of sellers) !

Money gained from sales helps us to be develop )))

Attila wrote:

Now we work over the new version of AF/IS emulator chip in which all will be corrected Wink

It is a little more patience ...

I will pray for you guys!!!

How can I help you to increase your sales ?!

I can offer place on mflenses.com anywhere where do you like to put advertise and in my Ebay shop free of charge of course.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MFlenses_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm

You are doing an amazing and a very important job!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

How can I help you to increase your sales ?!

Attila, Thanks for the offer !

Your help very much is necessary to us! How we can discuss it personally?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an email to you what is registered on forum and a personal message.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I sent an email to you what is registered on forum and a personal message.

ok!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Description on English coming soon!