Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus E 4/3's system and manual focus lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Pansonic Lumix DMC L10k Reply with quote

I just went trough this topic and there was a lot written about focus confirmation.
So wanted to add that the Panasonic Lumix DMC L10k has a focus confirmation LED in the viewfinder information display.
This is obviously not an Olympus DSLR, although it uses a lot of Olympus tech. I seemed pointless to to start a separate topic about Panasonic DSLR' s since they only made two. (Not counting the rebranded Lieca cameras)
As far as I know this is the only four thirds DSLR with a build in confirmation LED. This and the lower AA filter makes me hold on to it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Panasonic L1 has the same confirmation tech build inside!

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 1:52 am    Post subject: 5 mpx sensors Olympus, 8 mpx Canon Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Jesito wrote:
Hi Bob,
Nice to have a place to comment on the 4/3 Olympus. I haven't gotten one yet, but I'm behind one right now. I saw a nice couple made by a E-300 and an Industar 50 small lens, and I felt that was my "compact" camera to wear around...
So hopefully I'll be soon asking for adapters to M42, Adaptall-2 and Contax/Yashica lenses for the Oly.
But by now, let's wait until the Oly will become real.
Best regards,
Jes.

Jes, I'm reasonably sure this little pic made from a 1.2MP camera
didn't influence you in any way:

My e300 cost $215 ($205 + $10 shipping) and came with 3 batteries and
a charger, all paperwork and software, original box, not bad for an 8MP
camera!

I think you will like the e300! Smile

Bill

I have to worry everyone but the 4/3 and m4/3 sensors are not even 5 mpx.
Their actual size is 1857x2476=4,597,932 px.
Hence, even the first E1 model had to have a software extension.
This is because all pixels are really of same size=7 um.
Perhaps it's true what it says here below that Sony has now made sensors with 3.3 um pixels.
https://www.dpreview.com/news/6861091273/sony-semiconductor-reveals-20mp-stacked-cmos-ready-for-micro-four-thirds

This can only be confirmed under an electron microscope.
According to my calculations, the first Kodak SLR sensors they made from film cameras 30 y. ago were 28 um.