Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus E 4/3's system and manual focus lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting solution!!
I hope that someone may come up with something similar for Canon EOS.

-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Universal lens adapter for Olympus 4/3 Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
But I'm note sure. ...

Well, now I'm sure Smile

The advantage would be the use of Praktica B lenses together with the ability to reach infinity focus with them (besides the fact that can be used only one adapter for many kind of lenses).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@VGR
Nice piece of design to make it universal. The combined adapter+chip looks like a winner.
I would suggest you have a permanent link in your sig to the product, so newcomers can see it and it avoids any activity that some might view as spamming.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Olympus E-300 + an Olympus E-1. I know it not works on E-1, can use chipped adapter on E-1 even if not works like a simple not chipped one ? I would use adapter on both camera.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Interesting solution!!

Thanks!

To us have already suggested to make an adapter XXX -Canon EOSso now we studies this idea ...

montecarlo wrote:

The advantage would be the use of Praktica B lenses together with the ability to reach infinity focus with them (besides the fact that can be used only one adapter for many kind of lenses).

Praktica B Now low-cost and very attractive! my Prakticar 50/1.4 I have bought for $50 and Through adapter XXX-4/3 it becomes ideal for Olympus 4/3...

Farside wrote:
Nice piece of design to make it universal. The combined adapter+chip looks like a winner.
I would suggest you have a permanent link in your sig to the product, so newcomers can see it and it avoids any activity that some might view as spamming.

These adapters are invented by photographers (instead of sellers) !

Money gained from sales helps us to be develop )))

Attila wrote:

I have an Olympus E-300 + an Olympus E-1. I know it not works on E-1, can use chipped adapter on E-1 even if not works like a simple not chipped one ? I would use adapter on both camera.

Now we work over the new version of AF/IS emulator chip in which all will be corrected Wink

It is a little more patience ...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VGR wrote:
Orio wrote:
Interesting solution!!

Thanks!

To us have already suggested to make an adapter XXX -Canon EOSso now we studies this idea ...

montecarlo wrote:

Praktica B Now low-cost and very attractive! my Prakticar 50/1.4 I have bought for $50 and Through adapter XXX-4/3 it becomes ideal for Olympus 4/3...

Farside wrote:

These adapters are invented by photographers (instead of sellers) !

Money gained from sales helps us to be develop )))

Attila wrote:

Now we work over the new version of AF/IS emulator chip in which all will be corrected Wink

It is a little more patience ...

I will pray for you guys!!!

How can I help you to increase your sales ?!

I can offer place on mflenses.com anywhere where do you like to put advertise and in my Ebay shop free of charge of course.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MFlenses_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm

You are doing an amazing and a very important job!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

How can I help you to increase your sales ?!

Attila, Thanks for the offer !

Your help very much is necessary to us! How we can discuss it personally?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an email to you what is registered on forum and a personal message.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I sent an email to you what is registered on forum and a personal message.

ok!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Description on English coming soon!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this dandelion adapter is a marvel!

Oly users also could check out this site:

on using lenses: http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/oly-e/any-lens.html
full system overview: http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/oly-e/

not only for Oly users, best explanations on DOF I have found anywhere: http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/tech/dof.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VGR wrote:

Description on English coming soon!

Wow! You are genius, many , many thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I use a Oly €-330. This was the first DSLR with Live View. The Live View Modi has a 10X magnification. Manual Focusing is easy. Not good is the Crop Ratio 1:2, for wide angle photos. A 20mm lens will be 40mm. If you use Tele lenses is the Crop Ratio good. A 200mm lens will be 400mm.

Regards
Imre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stonefish
but Crop=2 have some advantage Wink

i used many lens with Olympus and it is easy-to-use Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VGR - what a great set!
Now only thing that I need is a Peleng 8mm, but is terribly expensive in Poland (above 330 €). Probably I'll import this lens from USA, where is much cheaper (~250 € including shipping and pay-pal costs). VGR - how much it costs in Belarus? This lens is great for 4/3 system - it gives the field of view about 160 degrees (diagonal) without black corners Cool

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Belarus new Peleng costs $300

I want to buy too Wink

The prices have risen earlier it cost $100 Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer! 300$ = ~203 €. It isn't a big price for such wonderful lens! Unfortunately I live in western Poland so travel to Belarus is quite expensive Sad
By the way - in the past Peleng costed 100$... I'm shocked Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VGR, Is it possible for you to design and manufacture Contax/Yashica adapter for Nikon bodies? I know that there would not be inifnity focus, but for some uses it would be great (portraits with 85/1.4, 135/2.8, etc...)
how about Exacta adapter to Nikon/Canon body?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus 4/3 AF Confirm chip is now easily available :

Click here to see on Ebay

And also already mounted : Click here

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IvanJ wrote:
for some uses it would be great (portraits with 85/1.4, 135/2.8, etc...)

I think you would be able to use those lenses only as macro (real closeup, detail), I don't think you will be able to fit a whole face in the frame in correct focus.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27

This chip thick and have problems with some lenses:

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
this dandelion adapter is a marvel!

Oly users also could check out this site:

on using lenses: http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/oly-e/any-lens.html
full system overview: http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/oly-e/

not only for Oly users, best explanations on DOF I have found anywhere: http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/tech/dof.html

A belated thank you so much for these URLs.

Jules

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxim wrote:
VGR - what a great set!
Now only thing that I need is a Peleng 8mm, but is terribly expensive in Poland (above 330 €). Probably I'll import this lens from USA, where is much cheaper (~250 € including shipping and pay-pal costs). VGR - how much it costs in Belarus? This lens is great for 4/3 system - it gives the field of view about 160 degrees (diagonal) without black corners Cool

Does anybody have any examples of the Peleng on 4/3? Or a link to some?
I find I am looking at the idea of a 4/3 as a second/third body.
I'm always very impressed with the RAW file quality I see from friends 4/3 cameras.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have with 18mm Olympus and 17mm Tamron SP, but don't have with any fish eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
Maxim wrote:
VGR - what a great set!

Does anybody have any examples of the Peleng on 4/3? Or a link to some?
I find I am looking at the idea of a 4/3 as a second/third body.
I'm always very impressed with the RAW file quality I see from friends 4/3 cameras.

Peleng on 4/3 :

http://oly43club.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=132