Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

my first 4x5s. fomapan 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: my first 4x5s. fomapan 100 Reply with quote

Fomapan 100 Classic developed for 5 min in Rodinal, 20 degree. Pictures were taken with a Sinar F1 coupled with a TeleCongo 240, 6.3 lens. Scanned with Epson V700, slightly retouch in PS (lint and scratches removed, croped, resized).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, actually good for being a first attempt to LF. I like very much the second portrait. Very dynamic posture for a powerful, strong effect. Good use of camera movements in #2 to achieve selective focus on the subject face.

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great start! Please publish more about your experience not just images, I am really curious.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shot Nr3 ! I like how the hair is corresponding with the background tree.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Great start! Please publish more about your experience not just images, I am really curious.

There's not much to say Attila: it took me around two month since a friend of mine saw the camera on a swiss auction site and till i got those pictures. I had to get separatelly the front Copal 1 plate and the film holders. I had problems even with the film, receiving 10x15cm instead 10x13 as ordered. I cut it myself to the proper dimensions. Another probles is the rail, it's way too short for the lens i have, i can barely focus to infinity, so in all the picture postes some kind of camera movement was used.

(the picture was taken by Florin Floreanu and posted with his permission — warning: AF!)

Besides an extension rail i would like to get also a focusing cloth and a magnifying loupe and also a set of coloured filters.
For the time being the films are developed by a good friend of mine, in Rodinal. In the near future i plan to do it myself in Diafine. Probably i will stick with Fomapan for a while.
Another soon to start project is printing the pictures in Van Dyke process. At the end of this months i'll receive all the chemicals i need.

Thank you all for your visit and comments.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice trio! Agree about the cool echo in the third shot, whether by
accident or design. Nice work!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 is really good!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, #3 is great, What proportion of dilution you used, looks like 1+50 in 5min. Did you use Jobo or something different? I've bought HP Combiplan T. Still I am not ready to start. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voytek wrote:
I've bought HP Combiplan T. Still I am not ready to start. Evil or Very Mad

I must admit I used the Combiplan and found it quite unsatisfactory: the small interior volume makes even development quite impossible, and the design makes filling and dumping very slow.

The only way I can think of, to get satisfactory result from the Combiplan, is to use them as little deep tanks: you need three of them, each with a different solution and the whole process conducted in the dark!

Switching to Jobo and rotary agitation was the best thing I have done, but after some tests using uniformly exposed film, I found that the retaining plates supplied with the 2509 sheet film holders actually prevent even development.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are cool shots bro.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voytek wrote:
What proportion of dilution you used, looks like 1+50 in 5min. Did you use Jobo or something different?

1+40 5min in old tray way. 2&3 also benefit from a 30s wash aid, right before the final wash in running tap water.
I'm not ready to start either. I'm waiting for Diafine to arrive.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent no. 3.
Pretty good results all around.