Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Free "zeissifiers" actions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Free "zeissifiers" actions Reply with quote

I have made a set of seven "zeissifiers" actions, for Photoshop CS2 and above.
They are numbered 1 to 6 in increasing power order, plus a "super" action with extreme settings.
There is a "caveat" (warning) of use, please read the license text, everything is explained.
The actions are free for use and redistribution, as long as the license text is included. So enjoy Very Happy

Download:
http://www.oriofoto.net/temp/orio_microcontrast_cs2_actions.zip

P.S. Attila it would be good if you could host the actions on your server too. Every now and then I make room in my server so the actions might not be up for download indefinitely.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a demo of the actions' effect.
I used one of the Samyang 2.8/14mm sample images, I hope that the author does not complain, after all it will promote the lens I think Smile
The original Samyang image is at :
http://www.fotopolis.pl/index.php?n=9606&p=1

First the original image, then the "zeissified" version:

Samyang original (resized):

Samyang "zeissified" Wink

On the landscape part, only the "zeissifier" was applied. No further sharpening, no further saturation.
On the sky part, I applied some saturation in order to make the sky match the landscape (which got saturated by the action).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, Orio.
Saves me having to buy some of that Zeiss glass Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice plugin, now everyone can feel 'zeissified' !

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Now I'll also wait for the "bokeh monster" plugin and the "swirly bokeh" one Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orio. I like zeiss.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great was imagining some should do it..
Am glad it comes from you Orio.. Smile
I don't have to worry about how good it is..

For spreading it around.
if you have an account at DeviantArt. You should upload it there.
if not, and you give me the permission i will upload via my account, giving the original authors its due Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dakoo wrote:
Great was imagining some should do it..
Am glad it comes from you Orio.. Smile
I don't have to worry about how good it is..

For spreading it around.
if you have an account at DeviantArt. You should upload it there.
if not, and you give me the permission i will upload via my account, giving the original authors its due Smile

Please do, I have way too many accounts to sign for other ones Rolling Eyes Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Orio!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What a cool idea. I tried to download the zip, but the load limit for this month has been reached. Guess I'll just have to buy a real Zeiss lens while I wait for next month...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Orio.
It looks I'm too dumb to know, in which folder I am supposed to put this. In my plugin-folder there are lots of other ones, so what do I do with your plugin?
I got PS4 and a Mac, by the way.

Thanks
Thomas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madamasu wrote:
Thank you very much, Orio.
It looks I'm too dumb to know, in which folder I am supposed to put this. In my plugin-folder there are lots of other ones, so what do I do with your plugin?
I got PS4 and a Mac, by the way.

Thanks
Thomas

Well, I don't have the Mac version of PS4, but I think it should not be much different. What you have to do is to open the "Actions" window (or whatever it is called in Mac), and from the drop down menu, select the "load actions" command. Browse and load the actions. If you then close Photoshop normally (i.e. not with a crash or power failure), you will find the actions there the next time you start the program.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Orio, but I still don't get it. Maybe some kind soul, who has a Mac and uses your 'zeissification'-software can tell me, how to do it.

Thanks
Thomas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madamasu wrote:
Thanks, Orio, but I still don't get it. Maybe some kind soul, who has a Mac and uses your 'zeissification'-software can tell me, how to do it.

Thanks
Thomas

Thomas, it's not a software, it's just an Action - a recorded sequence of commands. Please look in the help file of your Photoshop, and search for "load actions".

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to Thomas :
Put it in
Applications/Photoshop/Presets/Actions
Normaly it should show up in the actions window; If not, double click on the action in the folder. nice to see other people using Mac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andreas, I'll try tomorrow.

Thomas

P.S: I guess there are a lot of other Mac-Users around.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 years ago I was an alien with my Mac Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my first MAC in 1983, because I didn't feel like learning all the commands of MS DOS. I was a very strange bird at that time.

Thomas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[OT]
I had two MACs (a Quadra 700 an a G3) inbetween many Window PCs.

Although I like MACs a lot, it was the financial issue that always brought me back to "Wintel" again.
[/OT]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Free "zeissifiers" actions Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Could you briefly describe what goes on in these actions? This way the same ideas could be replicated with other software than Photoshop, e.g. the Gimp, ImageMagick scripts, perhaps even directly in some raw processors with editing capabilities…

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Free "zeissifiers" actions Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
Orio wrote:

Could you briefly describe what goes on in these actions? This way the same ideas could be replicated with other software than Photoshop, e.g. the Gimp, ImageMagick scripts, perhaps even directly in some raw processors with editing capabilities…

It's certainly replicable with any software that has an Unsharp Mask filter with the same parameters that are in Photoshop.
Basically you apply a large range, and a small amount, with threshold set to zero. My actions all do the same thing, differing in the variations in the values of the range and amount.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I forgot to say thank you to Orio. I use them quite a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Free "zeissifiers" actions Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

It's certainly replicable with any software that has an Unsharp Mask filter with the same parameters that are in Photoshop.
Basically you apply a large range, and a small amount, with threshold set to zero. My actions all do the same thing, differing in the variations in the values of the range and amount.

Thanks, this is basically what I've been doing to boost local contrast myself. =)

Another trick in Photoshop-like programs is to duplicate the layer and use overlay or soft light blending mode with a low opacity (possibly using levels on the duplicated layer to remove any extreme highlights or shadows).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Free "zeissifiers" actions Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:

Thanks, this is basically what I've been doing to boost local contrast myself. =)

Well, I always said it's common knowledge. I just made actions to avoid redoing the same steps every time.

Arkku wrote:
Another trick in Photoshop-like programs is to duplicate the layer and use overlay or soft light blending mode with a low opacity (possibly using levels on the duplicated layer to remove any extreme highlights or shadows).

That is a completely different purpose and thing.

-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: Free "zeissifiers" actions Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Arkku wrote:

Well, I always said it's common knowledge. I just made actions to avoid redoing the same steps every time.

Please don't take my comment as criticism; it's not. I have nothing against the actions or putting common knowledge into actions (after all, that's the entire point of actions).

Orio wrote:

Arkku wrote:

That is a completely different purpose and thing.

Obviously it's a different thing because it's not the same thing (dah), but in my opinion the purpose can be very the same. At least I use both for the same kind of “look”; neither is better than the other, just a different set of parameters to adjust contrast with.