Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Super-Dynarex 135/4 test shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Super-Dynarex 135/4 test shots Reply with quote

Did some quick test shots yesterday in the backyard with the CZ Super-D... wow spring colors have sprung and this lens does a nice job with them. Colors and sharpness at F4 are nice. I will say some lenses struggle a bit in bright sun... but this one seems to shine.

I will attempt some different subjects later today... but for now you are stuck with flowers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pictures, you put the lens to good use.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Thanks Orio Reply with quote

I really appreciate the support and all the info from yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, this is plainly no good at all. You should send that lens to me to take care of Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No, this is plainly no good at all. You should send that lens to me to take care of

Don't worry Graham, that tactic will work one day Laughing Laughing Laughing

Very nice photos. I'm curious to see your impression if or when you do some portraiture.

~Marc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're all very nice, but the shot of the lily is on another planet altogether - it's sublime Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens, isn't it? It only shows that, the vast majority of the time, you don't need a fast 135.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked like a winner. What mount?
cheers,
gil

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't "Carl Zeiss Super-Dynarex" a wrong naming or am I wrong? Embarassed

I think the right ones are "Carl Zeiss Tele-Tessar" and "Voigtlander Super-dynarex" respectively. Where did I get this? I own the Zeiss Laughing ..and yes it is just like Gus Helios described.

By the way, mine is Rollei-QB mount.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Thanks everyone Reply with quote

Thanks all for the support...

Marc, still no portraits yet but I will give it a shot as soon as the little ones cooperate.

Farside - I agree for the outdoor stuff when you have the room to move, the F4 works just fine on the 135mm, but I do like that 2.8 of the Tair though.... the oof area is so nice.

Gil - it is the m42 mount

Nathaniel as Orio explained to me in the thread linked below, it was a re-branding thing that happened...
http://forum.mflenses.com/carl-zeiss-lens-question-t16474.html

Patrick, Mal, Graham and Orio thank you all for the kind words...
Now some more shots that are not flowers... (except 1)

And this one could have used a polarizer

I have just started using PSE 7 and I am wondering if these re-sized web shots have too much sharpening on your monitors... I had rs sharpening down pretty good in Picasa, but the photoshop thing leaves me unsure.
Thanks again for the help.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The noteworthy thing in this lens for myself is the color rendition. When I first used mine I got very confused because there was no need to saturate colors. I always need saturation with other lenses, although I adjusted my 350D for full saturation.

Now it is my precious one in the lens' shelf Very Happy

Sharpening in your photos seems to be OK, I don't see much or less of my taste.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very nice lens indeed!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shots.

This is the first time I am hearing about the Carl Zeiss Super-Dynarex. Did CZ came out with a lot of different formula in the past?