Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

BEWARE E-Bay SELLER rockycamera (was member446885)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: BEWARE E-Bay SELLER rockycamera (was member446885) Reply with quote

This seller operates on e-bay, he sold me an adapter recently - I asked him for an e-mail as shipping was not disclosed. It came back with 0.00 for shipping so I paid the nett amount by Paypal. All this within minutes of winning. He then refunded my Paypal payment and sent me another invoice, with 8 dollars shipping on it, claiming he had not been responsible for the first one!

I was really pi**ed off by this (the total is only 11.50 it's the fact he messes around) and then he sent me a payment reminder and a threat to report me as a non paying bidder! I HAD paid what HE asked within 10 minutes of winning! If you want a quiet life, ignore this seller. I understand from other members now that his good are about as reliable as his e-mails too?

Member ID is: rockycamera (was member446885)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well known guy Rocky Smile Many people has bad experience with him and many has good I bought a couple of lenses from him without problem.You had no luck sorry to hear that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I steer well clear of him - I even omit him from ebay searches.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Very wise! Reply with quote

So, in future, shall I!

Farside wrote:
I steer well clear of him - I even omit him from ebay searches.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put up a thread on him recently. He's poison. Everyone should steer clear of him - an unmitigated liar.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad experience here too Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you be more accurate? What bad experiences did you have?
The problem you had with him about paypal is not really a problem... I'ld say that you were both a little too easy to get pissed off Razz
But peterqd and hacksaw, what did he do to you?
he have interesting stuff to sell Sad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a lens from him that was rubbish when it arrived (would not focus, the lenses had probably been removed and put back wrong). There was no way he could have checked it out. I sent it back and asked if I could use the refund as a credit for other purchases. He agreed - very reluctantly and after many emails trying to avoid accepting the return of the lens. I made the offer because he does have interesting stuff and I thought he would otherwise make it very difficult to get a refund. I ordered two other items from him. Over a period of three months I got continuous and very slow vague and evasive responses from him to my requests for delivery information. He finally said he could not remember the deal. I sent him copies of all the emails. He then insisted he had sent me my stuff and I was lying. He could offer no proof and it was the first time he even claimed to have sent anything. When I gave him a bad rating his revenge post was desperately spiteful. You have been warned - I am by no means the only one he has pulled this stunt on.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith Rock http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/member446885

described this as optically perfect
Copied from the "nasty sellers" sticky at the top of this forum

I returned the lens and then had to chase my refund through paypal We exchanged bad feedback first time I have ever done this I would advise you to avoid his auctions as he clearly has no idea about the optical condition of a lens
here is the bad feed back left for me.
Quote:
BEWARE SELLERS-LIES FROM WORST COMMS BUYER-BANNED FROM ALL MY AUCTIONS-AVOID!!!!

prick!

Also several members on manualfocus.org have a bad experience with him http://forum.manualfocus.org/viewtopic.php?pid=67766#p67766

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: I certainly think he is a problem. Reply with quote

Apparently being lied to isn't a problem in your book? He was plainly asked for an invoice to cover shipping - he sent one, I paid it within 15 seconds.. then he refunds and demands more? That's not the way I do business! In the 'old' days he left nasty feedback if you refused his belated demands, now he can't so he resorts to this kind of foolishness, threatening a non payer complaint when you paid - but not enough to satisfy him. The number of fellow posters show I am not alone with this odd specimen of humanity?

Doug.

Thirrouard wrote:
Could you be more accurate? What bad experiences did you have?
The problem you had with him about paypal is not really a problem... I'ld say that you were both a little too easy to get pissed off Razz
But peterqd and hacksaw, what did he do to you?
he have interesting stuff to sell Sad
Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear that this seller does not check his lenses before sale and if you are unlucky enough to get a bad one, he absolutely will not refund. This is a really really BAD seller - ebay would do well to remove him.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to all,
another bad experience here - I bought Olympus 24mm lens shade from him and it had so much dust and dirt on it that it must have been kept in the attic or basement... How much time would it take to clean a simple lens shade? Quite a careless seller who, of course, after I left a neutral feedback had to follow-up with the same line as hacksawbob received after leaving his neg feedback... Rolling Eyes In order to warn other buyers I followed-up his comment with link to this topic Idea... Obviously a very unhappy and sloppy character, so it will likely be hit & miss experience when purchasing from him... Personally, I would avoid him...

Marin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His descriptions are just not true, Thierry. They never list any defects, and everything he sells is "a working item in excellent condition". He sold me a Soligor 200mm lens he described like this, but it arrived with a totally stuck diaphragm, so he obviously hadn't checked it. It took several days each time for him to give me very terse and unhelpful replies when I asked for a refund, and he wouldn't refund unless I sent it back at my cost. The return postage was more than I paid, so I never got my refund.

And people who give him a negative get one back.

He's not my idea of a decent, honest dealer and I will tell that to anybody who asks. Maybe you've been lucky so far.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His standard feedback to anyone who complains:

"BEWARE SELLERS-BUYER BREAKS EBAY RULES-WORST COMMS-BANNED-ALL AUCTIONS-AVOID!!!!"

Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riku

I got that one for suggesting he was a crook. Which he is.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend 'in the trade' once described him as 'the only man who loads his stock with a shovel'!

As another poster pointed out, it depends what your expectations are.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I posted in the other thread - he has now changed his ebay moniker. Beware of Rockycameras. He now only has 50 or so responses so his bad comments have been left behind. I cannot believe ebay have allowed him to do this.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should this thread be moved to 'buyer sources'?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this the guy? http://myworld.ebay.com/rockycamera he has 100% positive feedback, no negatives on record... am I missing something here? because I want to block him as to not end up in a similar situation as others have described if he is as bad as y'all say. but Im not seeing it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Séamuis wrote:
is this the guy? http://myworld.ebay.com/rockycamera he has 100% positive feedback, no negatives on record... am I missing something here? because I want to block him as to not end up in a similar situation as others have described if he is as bad as y'all say. but Im not seeing it.

Hi Séamuis, yes it's the same guy. He changed his ID recently so his old negative feedbacks have been deleted along with his old ID (member446685). Just believe what you read here! Smile

Welcome to MFL by the way!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you I will not purchase anything from this seller.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wise move. It really is the same guy and as I said - I cannot believe ebay makes it so easy to walk away from bad reviews!

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some stuff from him. A flash bracket, a pistol grip, an adaptall adapter. All very cheap. I had no problems, but the products were in the shape he mentioned, mostly very dirty, but after cleaning fine. Then i dicided to buy a lens. I won a minolta 100mm f4 macro. I payed around 60€ for it.
The long waiting started. Than he was removed from E-bay and i got pain in my stomach. But he went on as Rocky. I got an email from him in which he explained a little and the promise to send the lens as soon as possible. About a week later i got the lens in a very good condition.
So end good all good