Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

BEWARE E-Bay SELLER rockycamera (was member446885)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal

Sorry about your run-in with our well-known friend Rocky. I was stupid enough to let him spin me along until it was too late to go to ebay/paypal. I am certain that Ebay ignores complaints about him because he is one of their best clients in terms of volume. This thread is turning into a club for victims Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems he is most popular seller Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Mal

Sorry about your run-in with our well-known friend Rocky. I was stupid enough to let him spin me along until it was too late to go to ebay/paypal. I am certain that Ebay ignores complaints about him because he is one of their best clients in terms of volume. This thread is turning into a club for victims Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

Thanks Patrick; it's somewhat satisfying to be able to vent our frustrations here though, even if he gets away with his appalling behaviour.

When I hadn't heard from him by day 3, I thought there was something fishy about him - hence my formal complaint. Wouldn't normally go running to the powers that be about what is, after all, not a huge sum of money, but as the saying goes; "Revenge is a dish sometimes best served cold" Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased two lenses from this seller on seperate ocassions. The first was a Helios 44m for 10.00 USD plus shipping. I was satisfied with the deal and the lens. All went well.

Next purchase was a SMC Tak 55 f/2, claimed perfect optics,very little dust no fungus, ect. ect. Lens arrived LOADED with dust. I never seen a lens with so much dust. rear and front elements. I was very disapointed and let him know. That was the last purchase I'll make with him. There are other sellers who sell great glass at good prices, such as Spiro (Still22). I'll pay the extra to ship over sea because I know I'll be receiving EXCELLENT glass!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember I purchased a Jupiter 37A from Rocky early last year. It was described as perfect condition but when I recieved it I saw that it has some serious fungus problems. You would do well to stay away.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just seen the Tessar I bought and returned back for sale again...same description as before - what an imbecile this man is Rolling Eyes

Bear in mind this is the lens he "never got back from idiot buyer" Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
I've just seen the Tessar I bought and returned back for sale again...same description as before - what an imbecile this man is Rolling Eyes

Bear in mind this is the lens he "never got back from idiot buyer" Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nice service...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly believe that he has to have a screw loose somewhere - looking at some of his rants when he gets bad feedback and some of the comments he's credited with having made, he's totally bonkers!!!

Somebody should put him out of his misery and point out that he's getting a lot of attention here and elsewhere - and not a lot of it good...see this forum for some "REAL FEEDS FROM HONEST BUYERS = TRUTH" Laughing Wink

Attila wrote:
Mal1905 wrote:

Nice service...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he is always start with zero pounds people have a chance to buy crappy and good item both, this is price to hope for bargain. People will buy from him forever, this is human nature, better to hope some bucks saving than buy on higher price with warranty.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has this weird automated system of listing items. I suppose he sells so many things he doesn't have the time to describe them in detail. He bolts his descriptions together from stock phrases like THIS IS A WORKING ITEM, or EXC COSMETIC CONDITION. And if he doesn't say it's working properly then you have to assume it isn't - you are supposed to read what doesn't say! Smile

I've bought quite a few small items from him, like lens caps, ER cases, straps, hoods and so on - things I can judge the condition of from the photograph. And only for very cheap prices that I can afford to gamble with. I've never had a problem with this sort of thing, and his packing is OK and very fast. But I wouldn't risk buying more technical or expensive stuff that he probably hasn't tested or inspected properly, can't be bothered to describe properly and probably has a fault or two that you can't see in the photograph.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paypal have all the necessary information at this stage and will effect a refund next week - so that's me done with the lovely Mr Rock Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience with Rockycamera :
I did 7 combinated shipping, the first was when he had approx. 300 evals.

Shipping charges are higher than he pays, very higher (he pays almost 20-40% what YOU pay). Sometimes I paid the insurance : two times the package was not tracked ! One time, a filter was totally broken during the sipping, but it's the only problem (except the high prices).

Concerning the items I bought : some were in bad condition (one lens with fungus, described as opt perfect), some were never received Rolling Eyes But once time he send me some manuals I did'nt won Laughing I think I would never try to win expensive items, but on "small" items, it's rather interesting because of the low prices, but we have to take care of the description AND the picture, because sometime we can see big problems on picture that don't stand on the description Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Case is very simple with him, he is earn profit from volume selling and low prices , people has not realistic expectation buy always quality items on very low price. Seller did not steal their items, seller need to earn profit.

I still buy from him and I know this is a gambling, if I get wrong items I know why. I did purchase a few items from him I wouldn't have problem I think I was lucky only.

As a seller I have different business logic I sell only quality items well controlled, sometimes I am wrong too in this case I always refund full money and return shipping cost too if I sold defected item.

And I have lot less traffic and lot less profit than I think he have. So who has right ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: You are right! Reply with quote

You are right Attila, with your approach, as even if there is one diamond in all of Rocky's shit then one is still neck deep in shit with a sparkle on the horizon. If you sell something and it's faulty and refund everything (and US sellers NEVER refund shipping costs, either the original nor the return) then your buyers get a good deal and you get a godd reputation?

Happy New Year Attila! Keep selling the good stuff...

Attila wrote:
Case is very simple with him, he is earn profit from volume selling and low prices , people has not realistic expectation buy always quality items on very low price. Seller did not steal their items, seller need to earn profit.

I still buy from him and I know this is a gambling, if I get wrong items I know why. I did purchase a few items from him I wouldn't have problem I think I was lucky only.

As a seller I have different business logic I sell only quality items well controlled, sometimes I am wrong too in this case I always refund full money and return shipping cost too if I sold defected item.

And I have lot less traffic and lot less profit than I think he have. So who has right ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year mate!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no beef with anybody who stands by their product and, more importantly, their word - I haven't done business with you yet Attila but would hope to at some stage. You seem like the sort of seller I could buy from without problems Wink

I agree that Rockycamera is playing a numbers game, but hopefully 2009 will see HIS number coming up Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully I can offer you something in future and you will be one of my satisfied customer. As I said before rocky has different strategy people like to buy cheaply rocky serve them well. Quality and others different story we can't get always cheap and in top quality. Now even harder to sell due weak pounds.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered three cameras and some lens caps from him.

Cameras were real bargain, I made a mistake on bidding. He canceled my order item without any problem. Shipping cost was higher than I expected , but I count low camera prices also , total price was more than acceptable.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Rockycamera just changed nickname on eBay: FERNDOWNCAMERAS Reply with quote

Hello to everyone
Rockycamera opened a new account on eBay to sell its photographic standard garbage. The new account/nickname is ferndowncameras .
FERNDOWNCAMERAS ( BEWARE THIS EBAY SELLER !)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already have decent place for him here http://forum.mflenses.com/ebay-seller-ferndowncameras-keith-rocks-new-outfit-t14855.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still holding a one-way dialogue with ebay about this creep. Here is my latest sequence:
Quote:
1) DB90012 Your recent email to eBay's Trust and Safety Department (KMM317624034V64738L0KM) Received: Mar-05-09
Dear Patrick,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to item 110349930455 (Tamron AD2 SP
70-210MM 3.5 MACRO ZOOM Lens=WORKS WELL=). I understand your report
about this seller's selling activity.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Your report will help
make the eBay Community safer for everyone.

We reviewed your report about "rockycamera" and will take appropriate
action. We may take a range of steps that include giving a warning,
canceling a listing, restricting or suspending an account, or removing
PowerSeller status.

We protect the privacy of our members, so we can't share the results of
our investigation with you. We appreciate you taking the time to file a
report and help make eBay a safe place to buy and sell.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply to this
email and let us know.

Sincerely,
Marian

2) Re: CWORC004 - Response to your email to eBay's Trust and Safety Department. Received: Mar-02-09

Topics

Message: You have still failed to answer my question. The fraud in question happened more than a year ago. I have watched this piece of slime continue to defraud people on a regular basis since then. Let me repeat my question:

WHY HAVE YOU PERMITTED THE POWER SELLER NOW KNOWN AS "ferndowncameras" TO CHANGE HIS NAME FROM "rockycamera" AND FROM "member446885" AND THEREBY ESCAPE HIS NEGATIVE RATINGS?

The ONLY protection buyers have is the system of reporting on transactions and you happily conspire with a "power seller" to bypass and evade the system.

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME YOU HAVE FAILED TO RESPOND TO MY QUESTION. I DO HOPE 'SHOUTING' PRODUCES AN INTELLIGIBLE RESPONSE.

Patrick Hildreth

Of course I could not accept such a fob-off and so I have responded again with the following:

Quote:
Subject: Re: CWORC004 - Response to your email to eBay's Trust and Safety Department. Received: Mar-05-09

Topics

Message: This is my THIRD attempt to get a rational answer to my inquiry about your policy on "Power Sellers" evading negative comment by changing their names. I am left with the inescapable conclusion that you actually support them in this abhorrent practice, but are unwilling to admit it publicly.
DO YOU CONDONE THE PRACTICE OF SELLERS EVADING NEGATIVE COMMENT BY CHANGING THEIR NAMES? Can't put it more simply than that, and a yes/no answer will suffice for the time being.

Here is the thread of most recent emails between us, perhaps yo will understand why I am frustrated by the "let's humor the dope" nature of your responses if you re-read them:
1) DB90012 Your recent email to eBay's Trust and Safety Department (KMM317624034V64738L0KM) Received: Mar-05-09
Dear Patrick,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to item 110349930455 (Tamron AD2 SP
70-210MM 3.5 MACRO ZOOM Lens=WORKS WELL=). I understand your report
about this seller's selling activity.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Your report will help
make the eBay Community safer for everyone.

We reviewed your report about "rockycamera" and will take appropriate
action. We may take a range of steps that include giving a warning,
canceling a listing, restricting or suspending an account, or removing
PowerSeller status.

We protect the privacy of our members, so we can't share the results of
our investigation with you. We appreciate you taking the time to file a
report and help make eBay a safe place to buy and sell.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply to this
email and let us know.

Sincerely,
Marian

2) Re: CWORC004 - Response to your email to eBay's Trust and Safety Department. Received: Mar-02-09

Topics

Message: You have still failed to answer my question. The fraud in question happened more than a year ago. I have watched this piece of slime continue to defraud people on a regular basis since then. Let me repeat my question:

WHY HAVE YOU PERMITTED THE POWER SELLER NOW KNOWN AS "ferndowncameras" TO CHANGE HIS NAME FROM "rockycamera" AND FROM "member446885" AND THEREBY ESCAPE HIS NEGATIVE RATINGS?

The ONLY protection buyers have is the system of reporting on transactions and you happily conspire with a "power seller" to bypass and evade the system.

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME YOU HAVE FAILED TO RESPOND TO MY QUESTION. I DO HOPE 'SHOUTING' PRODUCES AN INTELLIGIBLE RESPONSE.

Patrick Hildreth

Getting nowhere, but I do not want to give up. Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh, you are not alone. The case is not closed yet. We need time. I really appreciate what you are doing, Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do what I can to get the boot in from my side of the pond - although I expect nothing more than that which I've seen/heard so far...