Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

BEWARE E-Bay SELLER rockycamera (was member446885)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! Why I've just discovered this forum and this topic today... Crying or Very sad

I've bought a lens from him last week... "OPT PERFECT" Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

What can I do if I don't receive it or receive it with fungus and scratches? There's a way to receive my money back?

regards

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't expect any problem, relax.

Welcome !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I don't expect any problem, relax.

Welcome !

thanks Wink

After so many people complaining, you don't expect any problem?

Ok, you are being ironic Confused

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I am serious , chance is very limited. I bought from him at least 3-5 lenses without problem. He is a care less volume seller , bad items not reach 0,1% if you see his feedback ratio. So you have lot more chance to get a good one on low price than bad one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your answer Wink
I hope that I'll be on the side of the happy buyers...

Cool when I receive it (if so) I'll let here my testimonial

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In some ways you have to admire his effort. The amount of stuff he sells must be an incredible amount of work to find it, buy it, list it on Ebay and then pack it and send it.

I'd love to know where he buys all his stuff. I read somewhere that someone bumped into him at a car-boot sale. It seems he buys anything he can find no matter what condition it's in, and sells it AS IS, always starting at $0.99 and no reserve.

I don't think he's dishonest at all. But I do feel he probably doesn't inspect or test his items properly, and then uses a very automated method to list them which doesn't allow for describing the condition properly. This is the risk.

For buying non-mechanical items such as lens caps or ER cases there is very little risk as long as you check the photograph properly. But for cameras and lenses it is much more pot-luck. I bought a very nice Chinon CE-3 from him which (after a little lubrication) was in almost mint condition. But I also got a lens with a defective aperture. He did offer to refund the purchase cost if I returned it, but not the postage and so it wasn't worth sending it back. His defence was that he didn't say it was stopping down properly!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've received today the lenses from this seller.
The lenses have some dust, with something that I don't know yet if it is fungus, not really bad but not of course "OPT PERFECT" as he said. Crying or Very sad
I've paid for insurance, asked two times for the tracking number and he had gave excuses. Now I know why, it's because he didn't sent it insured. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arqia wrote:
he didn't sent it insured

Arquia, our Royal Mail small packets basic service automatically insures items up to around £35, but you don't get a tracking number. He didn't need to charge you extra unless the item was more expensive or too heavy for a "small packet". If you can you give the approx. weight of the parcel and the cost of the postage he paid I can check what service he used.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He likes to charge for insurance but not pay for it! Who wouldn't Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the occasions I've bought from him those that I actually got were never insured even though I'd asked for and paid for it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Arqia wrote:
he didn't sent it insured

Arquia, our Royal Mail small packets basic service automatically insures items up to around £35, but you don't get a tracking number. He didn't need to charge you extra unless the item was more expensive or too heavy for a "small packet". If you can you give the approx. weight of the parcel and the cost of the postage he paid I can check what service he used.

We are always learning... thanks Wink

Xpres wrote:
On the occasions I've bought from him those that I actually got were never insured even though I'd asked for and paid for it.

I've sent him an e-mail telling that he had lied to me and that I would have to leave negative feedback. Then he answered me, "I rely on the PO processing the parcels correctly and if they have not it is not my fault" (lol) and he said that he was going to refund me the insurance that I've paid, and he did it! Smile Is possible that, if he wants, he gets the refund back again?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything posted here confirms my view of this seller - stay clear of him. He does not ever inspect what he sells and yet claims it is perfect. If you try to get a refund you get a list of terrible excuses and lies if the dollar amount is over $20 or so. Switching his name was a really tricky way of removing all his negative comments. Despicable little man

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Rocky has begun to get negatives under his new ID Smile
http://tinyurl.com/668frv

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a surprise, but apparently they let him re-register under a new name. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a great seller look his feedback ratio Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila

He will accumulate bad responses over time - it's in his business model. Cheap, high volume, no QC, no refunds.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Attila

He will accumulate bad responses over time - it's in his business model. Cheap, high volume, no QC, no refunds.

patrickh

I know very well and most people also, about this reason his final price mostly cheap. No magic under sun, cheap price risky business always.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, good old Keith Rock - glad to see he's no stranger to most of you Wink

I had the misfortune to purchase a CZJ Tessar 2.8/50 from him a month or so ago, and guess what? It was described as being "::OPT. PERFECT::" as well as being mechanically so...

Here's what I got last week:

Fungus on front and rear elements, and yes, that's a hair inside the front element. To add insult to injury, the focusing ring would hardly move, and when it did, it'd unscrew the lens from its adapter!

Anyway, I mailed him high-res images of the lens the morning I got it, then mailed him the next day to make sure he'd received my first mail and was working on a solution to my problem...

By day three I was getting annoyed as I'd read about him elsewhere and taken a more in-depth look at his Feedback. So I mailed him again and told him if I hadn't heard back within 24 hours I'd leave Negative feedback.

No contact whatsoever. So I left Negative feedback for him...

Wow!!! Never have I seen somebody react so quickly - but only to ban me from further auctions and call me an "eBay rule-breaker", an "idiot buyer who can't open and read emails" and "this buyer is a liar and has been refunded". Not being one to take bullying from anybody, I lodged complaints with both eBay and Paypal about this guy, sent back the lens and they'll sort out the refund. He even lied and told Paypal that he didn't get the Registered Packet I sent him, even though Paypal had seen proof of delivery and a signature Twisted Evil

What bothers me most is that they're probably going to do nothing about him - and he'll continue to threaten and bully his customers until he needs to change ID again...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear your story Mal, I hope you sort it out OK. I've found the PayPal claim system very good.

Just check out his negatives now - 20 in the last month!
http://tinyurl.com/668frv

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear your trouble! Paypal I think will refund your money.
Keith is an optically perfect guy.... just look his posts. He will sell a hammer too in optically perfect condition.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Keith is an optically perfect guy.... just look his posts. He will sell a hammer too in optically perfect condition.

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take some attitude like buying some 20 items(from others accounts) , for example and then give negative feedback for various reasons(shipping overcharge, wrong description, wanted to cancel the transaction...). Let's see how some dishonest seller handles this treatment from each mocked up customer. For sure it will get him some good advertising.

I am an honest person and e-bayer but for these jackasses some action need to be taken against. I was tricked 2 times by 2 "honest" sellers (around 100 usd each time) but I'll make sure to get medieval on them. Will be the most hard earned 100 usd dollars for them Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could an admin please add rockycamera and member446885 to the title of this thread? Would make it more self-explanatory and a better warning, sor someone who lands randomly in the thread via google.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
Could an admin please add rockycamera and member446885 to the title of this thread? Would make it more self-explanatory and a better warning, sor someone who lands randomly in the thread via google.

Done!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Peter.