Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Alex hk300
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
He has not disappeared for me, as I sometimes see him on msn. He does not seem do care about this story, what I understand is that the photo tools are only a small part of his business compared to car parts, so maybe he had too many problems/lost time regarding to the benefits, and he might have sent me some tools because he won't produce them more...


No excuses for this kind of behaviour. If he can do it to some of us, then he will have no moral qualms about doing it again to some other poor victims!


PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really disappointed at his reluctance to carry on supplying reliably. I bought a Deckel adapter from him a while ago, which is a great piece of kit. Just as well I didn't take him up on a scad of other useful bits and pieces he had on offer.
I suspect he was buzzing around from supplier to supplier, taking samples, getting prices, seeing what would move well, here and elsewhere and perhaps he decided the MF world of suppliers was already over-populated and he couldn't compete at sensible prices and still make a profit.


PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
I'm really disappointed at his reluctance to carry on supplying reliably. I bought a Deckel adapter from him a while ago, which is a great piece of kit. Just as well I didn't take him up on a scad of other useful bits and pieces he had on offer.
I suspect he was buzzing around from supplier to supplier, taking samples, getting prices, seeing what would move well, here and elsewhere and perhaps he decided the MF world of suppliers was already over-populated and he couldn't compete at sensible prices and still make a profit.

I only charge a small amount as a compensation to my time and effort spend when I organise group buy. In my point of view, ordering items for members is not a good way to make money.


PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is makes me sad, angry etc. Alex did his job beautifully at the beginning and he did quit without any single word 'hello' ...

Calvin what you do that is a valuable service for our community I can't say enough thank you.


PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid Alex EUR 1000 plus sent him a box lot of lenses, but hardly got anything in return (a lot of plastic lens caps and adapters). I still wait for the 50mm f/3.5 Asahi-Kogaku M37 Takumar + original Asahiflex-M42 adapter he wanted to return. I have given up on him by now and have learned my lesson...


PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
I paid Alex EUR 1000 plus sent him a box lot of lenses, but hardly got anything in return (a lot of plastic lens caps and adapters). I still wait for the 50mm f/3.5 Asahi-Kogaku M37 Takumar + original Asahiflex-M42 adapter he wanted to return. I have given up on him by now and have learned my lesson...

Twisted Evil Sadly this is same experience for Klaus.


PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:
I paid Alex EUR 1000 plus sent him a box lot of lenses, but hardly got anything in return (a lot of plastic lens caps and adapters). I still wait for the 50mm f/3.5 Asahi-Kogaku M37 Takumar + original Asahiflex-M42 adapter he wanted to return. I have given up on him by now and have learned my lesson...

Twisted Evil Sadly this is same experience for Klaus.

I may orgainse group buy for some generic adaptors and caps later if there is such need.


PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think generic adaptors , caps are cheap enough on Ebay , don't waste your time with that. Exlusive items like lens tools , more important. Spanner, small suck to handle lens elements without touch, rubber gums to take out name plates etc. Tool to remove dents from filter ring.


PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I think generic adaptors , caps are cheap enough on Ebay , don't waste your time with that. Exlusive items like lens tools , more important. Spanner, small suck to handle lens elements without touch, rubber gums to take out name plates etc. Tool to remove dents from filter ring.

Caps not cheap on ebay as the wholesale price is just a portion of the price listed in ebay. I don't want to compete with the ebay seller so I don't organise any group buy on these items.

I agrees with you. To save my time, I may only order exlusive and quality items on camera lens adaptor and tools in the future. The target buyer of these product is just a small portion of MF lens user. Small suckers may be easy to find. I do know a shop who make good rubber gums. If someone need it, I can make it avaliable in next group buy on tools.