Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Alex hk300
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Alex hk300 Reply with quote

I did ban him , and modified his profile email to make impossible to contact for new members.

After one year or more successful partnership he didn't response to me, I sent to him a dozen mails and wait 5 months for any answer . Alex did write email to other members I know because I got copy from his e-mails.

I am afraid he will cheat on members, so I decide to ban. He not delivered to me at least 10 orders in May and dissapeared after without any explanation.

I think I didn't lost much money , just was very inconvenience to apologize from buyers and make 10x refund and count it what did happen.

Whole thing was nasty , we did support each others it did look we have good partnership and friendship and he just quit without any words.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that, Attila!.

His products were fine, but products without service or any comittments do worth nothing... Chapter closed, never talk about him anymore.

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange !

Sometimes it is not so easy to contact him because he is very busy. Maybe there are also problems to receive mails. But after few days I got always an answer and after 2 or 3 weeks delivery time always my parts I ordered with him.

So I am ( and was ) always satisfied with the business relationship with Alex.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes chat with him on msn, and we are currently doing some business (I buy lenses for him, he send me free accessories). I think most of his problems come from his staff which is too lazy (this is what I understood).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that. I have a few dealings with Alex ((member hk300)). Sometimes he was fast, sometimes he was slow to response, especially when he 'suddenly disappeared' for a few months. As I understand, he was having some serious issues with his real business - livelihood. I never had any money issue with him.

Last edited by my_photography on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I suffered from buying from Alex, tools and the flanged pk/m42 adapter did their job quite well. It is a pity his reliability deteriorated like it did as he had a definite potential for developing customised products to suit MF lens users.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pity you had to ban him Atilla, but we can't risk any of our members losing money. I'm still waiting for a reply to my enquiry about the lens spanner last June. It was still in my Outbox but I deleted it last night.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He sent me two spanners, a friend of mine can be interested in one, so I would have one left for sale (along with two M42-K adapter with inner flange). If you want to buy it, send me a pm Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
He sent me two spanners, a friend of mine can be interested in one, so I would have one left for sale (along with two M42-K adapter with inner flange). If you want to buy it, send me a pm Wink

PM on its way soon, thankyou! I need to know if the spanner can be used to tighten the clamping ring on the Flektogon MC 2.8/20. There is very little space to reach down to it between the front lens and the filter ring and I think the arms on the spanner might need to be cranked slightly.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not see exactly what you mean, but a friend of mine has the 20/2.8, we may see if you'd want to do is possible with these spanners Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
I do not see exactly what you mean, but a friend of mine has the 20/2.8, we may see if you'd want to do is possible with these spanners Wink

This thread, 2nd picture, shows the clamping ring set deep between the lens and the filter ring. This is what I need the spanner for. The blades need to be long and narrow enough to reach the ring in this small gap. If you could try it out that would be great! Thanks very much Smile

http://forum.mflenses.com/czj-20-2-8-flektogon-dissected-t27106,start,5.html

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first sight, I would say it will be ok, but I will try to check when possible Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Alex hk300 Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I did ban him , and modified his profile email to make impossible to contact for new members.

After one year or more successful partnership he didn't response to me, I sent to him a dozen mails and wait 5 months for any answer.

Similar situation here... Alex (member hk300) owes me:

1x small M42 focusing helicoid
1x SA -> M42 adapter
1x pre-war Zeiss Tessar 75/2.8 for screw-mount Exakta, which he borrowed from me
1x CZJ Triotar 135/4 M42
+ he sent me Flektogon 35/2.8 instead of Biotar 58/2 (probably sn 3475264), never solved

~ 1 year without response (emails, PMs...)

no matter the adapters, but the Triotar and especially the Tessar weren't worthless Confused

//edited

Last edited by no-X on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to learn of this problem with a former member.

Can I just point out that I am not the Alex being discussed here. I mention it only because I get regular PMs from people asking me for tools, and thinking I am the same person. In the past, I have forwarded these PMs directly to him, but clearly I need no longer do that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Alex. I edited my post to make it clearer Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Alex (HK300) is in fact a good guy, but he gets a bit carried away every now and then, doing 1001 things at once. I think he easily looses track of what he's doing and why.

Having said that: I still expect to receive my Asahi-Kogaku 50mm F3.5 Takumar and an original Asahiflex to M42 adapter back from him. He was about to ship the lens three months ago, and that was the last I've heard from him.

Again: I think he's a good guy, he's just doing too much. Not that it's a valid excuse though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought same , but 5 month wait did give me enough feedback about sad reality.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only bought a very cheap step-up ring from him, and he delivered promptly. So as far as my personal experience goes, I can only speak well.

However, I did read of his frequent periods of absence from China, long periods. I have a "sixth sense" antenna built in (I developed it when dealing with sellers from 'particular' Italian regions such as Sicily and Campania) that prevents me from making any expensive business with people that suddenly have to leave for somewhere and don't know when they will be back. So I refrained from buying more expensive things from him. Now I am glad that I did, whatever the reason is that made him forget about his duties for months (maybe he is really just too busy - or perhaps he's in some kind of trouble that prevented him to keep the contacts).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I only bought a very cheap step-up ring from him, and he delivered promptly. So as far as my personal experience goes, I can only speak well.

However, I did read of his frequent periods of absence from China, long periods. I have a "sixth sense" antenna built in (I developed it when dealing with sellers from 'particular' Italian regions such as Sicily and Campania) that prevents me from making any expensive business with people that suddenly have to leave for somewhere and don't know when they will be back. So I refrained from buying more expensive things from him. Now I am glad that I did, whatever the reason is that made him forget about his duties for months (maybe he is really just too busy - or perhaps he's in some kind of trouble that prevented him to keep the contacts).

He did contacts to others, even in last days and never contact to me , so no excuse ... no one can be that busy to not reply at least some lines via months...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
Sorry, Alex. I edited my post to make it clearer

That's OK, I wasn't singling out any post, just making a general observation that I often get confused with him simply because we share the same first name. I have enough faults of my own without acquiring someone else's by mistake!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Alex hk300 Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

After one year or more successful partnership he didn't response to me, I sent to him a dozen mails and wait 5 months for any answer . Alex did write email to other members I know because I got copy from his e-mails.

I am afraid he will cheat on members, so I decide to ban. He not delivered to me at least 10 orders in May and dissapeared after without any explanation.

I think I didn't lost much money , just was very inconvenience to apologize from buyers and make 10x refund and count it what did happen.

Whole thing was nasty , we did support each others it did look we have good partnership and friendship and he just quit without any words.

My god Attila,

I did not realise this news regarding Alex. He had previously solicited me to sell some EOS adapters for him in another MF forum which I was much more active in at that time. After much persuation, I agreed. I agreed because we came from the same Asian heritage and spoke the same language - Cantonese. Then, we I got in an order fo US$100+ and the payment was received, he disappeared...That was a year ago.

Luckily for me, he did not took the money then disappeared. I was able to make the refund. I thought something went wrong with him. But I later learned that he was still selling camera accessories in this forum. I never said anything until now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I can not understand is - the whole thing is stupid.
*If* he did disappear on purpose, for cheating, then that would have been really stupid on his part: he could have made a lot more money by keeping up the business here, than by disappearing with a few hundreds bucks in his pocket.
It doesn't really make sense.
Maybe he's got into some kind of trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
What I can not understand is - the whole thing is stupid.
*If* he did disappear on purpose, for cheating, then that would have been really stupid on his part: he could have made a lot more money by keeping up the business here, than by disappearing with a few hundreds bucks in his pocket.
It doesn't really make sense.
Maybe he's got into some kind of trouble.

Yeah I agree. I expected that the buyer was going to place a big order after the first one. The first order was only a couple of samples for each type of mounts. Alex seems to be ok to speak with on the phone. By not the best for replying to emails.

Perhaps he is in trouble or just as Attila said, he lost interest altogether.

At least no one got burnt (in my case) Sad

Last edited by stingOM on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has not disappeared for me, as I sometimes see him on msn. He does not seem do care about this story, what I understand is that the photo tools are only a small part of his business compared to car parts, so maybe he had too many problems/lost time regarding to the benefits, and he might have sent me some tools because he won't produce them more...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you keep any kind of relationship with somebody and things going well until Sunday and your partner ignore everything from Monday ? What kind of behavior of this ? He can keep contact many others and not keep contact also with many others ?!