Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A. Schacht Edixa-Mat Travenar 90/2.8 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: A. Schacht Edixa-Mat Travenar 90/2.8 M42 Reply with quote

16 apperture-blades version of this lens !
bought 2 weeks ago at the Foto-beurs in Houten/NL:

samples of all different kind of shots incl. panoramas:
(this takes some time to load but I think it's worth it Wink )

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another quality series. Very, very well done! Where did you find that snake (which I believe is a Grass snake (Natrix natrix)?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Another quality series. Very, very well done! Where did you find that snake (which I believe is a Grass snake (Natrix natrix)?

+1

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter !
actually I came across this snake near Houten while a beautiful hike through the dutch polder.
We call it Ringelnatter in German, the most common snake in Middle Europe near water (ringslang in Nerderlands), with the characteristic spots on the neck. I think natrix-natrix (lat.) is the same, have to wiki it up Wink

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
Thanks Peter !
actually I came across this snake near Houten while a beautiful hike through the dutch polder.
We call it Ringelnatter in German, the most common snake in Middle Europe near water (ringslang in Nerderlands), with the characteristic spots on the neck. I think natrix-natrix (lat.) is the same, have to wiki it up Wink

Natrix natrix is a ringslang indeed. BTW: I take offense for the word I have boldfaced in the quote Evil or Very Mad

Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An excellent series. Very nice all of them.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks all !

@Peter
Quote:
Nerderlands

Laughing hehe, what have I made up here ! ...didn't spotted that myself. Anyhow I can recommand anybody not to read my texts too carefully, I am writing mostly to fast, ... sometimes with some glasses of wine or beer, ... and alltogether with my lack of English it can produce some disastrous results Smile ... it's better to watch my photos.
So here my deep apology for all Dutch here arouund Wink

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Some excellent shots here.

I have seen this lens before and I liked it a lot. Your images show its quality!
I love the bokeh!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have seen this lens before and I liked it a lot. Your images show its quality!
I love the bokeh!

I have encountered 2 minor problems with that lens:
1st:
it's a bit unresistent to flare, of course because it has no modern coatings at all. (direct to sun impossible)
I have a hood now, which works perfectly.

2nd: contrast is a bit low, but can be restored with just adjusting the blacks in the curves.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series! The Travenar 90 does great in all photos but it especially seems to shine in the close-ups.
I always wished to try that lens. Should you ever decide to sell yours, please put me first in the list of buyers Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great serie Tobbias !
Henry showed us some samples of this lens a year ago. He was right : this is a gem.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First class images and lens!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All very nice. 5 & 8 stood out for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way: that's a natrix natrix
it's very common here, too
I once found one in my shower Shocked my former cat Brigitta did bring it into the house Evil or Very Mad, and obviously it went for the wettest place in the house: the shower...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I once found one in my shower Shocked my former cat Brigitta did bring it into the house Evil or Very Mad, and obviously it went for the wettest place in the house: the shower...

Laughing Laughing incredible story !
Nothing to tell my wife, because we have cats and recently some snake in our garden Wink
I discovered when I checked the cutted grass in our lawnmowner ... Cool

Cheers
Tobias