Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

5th year anniversary meeting in Italy or at Budapest.
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:
Attila wrote:
How about 2012.06.09 Saturday


Hmmm... no summer term holidays then, just a weekend.
I cannot take a Friday off, so I would need to travel on Saturday, early in the morning.

Just checked. There are no flights from Frankfurt on Saturday and back on Sunday. Sad


Suggest a date what is good for you and will use that day.


That's very nice, Attila.
But it wouldn't be fair to plan everything just because of me, because I am not able to confirm my participation. In other words, I cannot say today that I will join in 100%.

My summer holidays in 2012 will be in July (almost the whole of July).
So, in July I would be more flexible.

But as I said, please don't plan because of me. Let the majority decide about the best date and if I can, I join, if not, you meet without me.


PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, what about a meeting in London? Or in another city, like Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris...

Budapest is fantastic, but perhaps not as accessible by plane as other cities in Europe.


PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Place date, any of them is good to me. A bit out of tourist season is better in my opinion a don't like hundred of peoples around of us when we go together to somewhere.

About flight schedule, this is Hungarian discount air-company with good connection to European countries.

http://wizzair.com/timetable/?language=EN

Hungarian Airline www.malev.hu


PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest the month of May because weather is usually good without being too hot, lots of flowers, and it's also not high tourism season yet.
Which would not only mean less tourists, but also more favourable hotel rates.


PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about 2012. 05.12 ?


PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
How about 2012. 05.12 ?


05.19 or 05.26 may be even better because closer to June (and statistically less chances of rain). But, impossible to make weather guess one year in advance Wink
As for location, we should choose a place where there is the availability of one medium-large room to spend the time in, in case it rains and we are more than 5 people.


PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Attila wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:
Attila wrote:
How about 2012.06.09 Saturday


Hmmm... no summer term holidays then, just a weekend.
I cannot take a Friday off, so I would need to travel on Saturday, early in the morning.

Just checked. There are no flights from Frankfurt on Saturday and back on Sunday. Sad


Suggest a date what is good for you and will use that day.


That's very nice, Attila.
But it wouldn't be fair to plan everything just because of me, because I am not able to confirm my participation. In other words, I cannot say today that I will join in 100%.

My summer holidays in 2012 will be in July (almost the whole of July).
So, in July I would be more flexible.

But as I said, please don't plan because of me. Let the majority decide about the best date and if I can, I join, if not, you meet without me.


That settles it.

THE PARTY IS AT CARSTENS HOUSE Surprised


PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
THE PARTY IS AT CARSTENS HOUSE

yeah Cool Laughing


PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah I forgot.

WOOOH HOOOO!

Laughing


PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Attila wrote:
How about 2012. 05.12 ?


05.19 or 05.26 may be even better because closer to June (and statistically less chances of rain). But, impossible to make weather guess one year in advance Wink
As for location, we should choose a place where there is the availability of one medium-large room to spend the time in, in case it rains and we are more than 5 people.


I thought hotel prices are lower before 05.20.


PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

I thought hotel prices are lower before 05.20.


I don't know, here May is "middle season" while June-July-September are high season. But maybe every place has its rules.


PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you book a hotel as a group booking many months in advance I don't think the time of year matters.

If we could pcik anywhere, I would say the hotel on the Gran Sasso in N Italy wher Mussolini was lifted from by Otto Skorzeny in 1944, always wanted to go there, you have to take the cable car to get there...

I expect it will be expensive though!

Instead of a hotel, maybe we could hire some large holiday chalets in a holiday park?


PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
If you book a hotel as a group booking many months in advance I don't think the time of year matters.
If we could pcik anywhere, I would say the hotel on the Gran Sasso in N Italy wher Mussolini was lifted from by Otto Skorzeny in 1944, always wanted to go there, you have to take the cable car to get there...
I expect it will be expensive though!


I don't know if expensive, certainly it is completely off the beaten track. It would pose huge logistical problems, even for Italians - let alone for people coming from abroad at the Rome or Milan airports!

Quote:
Instead of a hotel, maybe we could hire some large holiday chalets in a holiday park?


Sleeping in the same room with 10 other big snoring guys, I'm not sure if I'm still young enough for that Laughing But if that's what the majority wants, I will adapt. Rolling Eyes


PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing me too either.


PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big, very loudly snoring guy, I wasn't suggesting we share, in Holland I stayed in a place that was hundreds of chalets set out in woodland, each one having 2 or 3 bedrooms and a good-sized bathroom for developing films! The lounge/kitchen area was also a good size, I was thinking of something like this rather than us all crammed into one place in sleeping bags keeping eack other awake with our snoring and queuing for the lavatory!

Of course, the Gran Sasso is logistically difficult, but I mentioned it as an example of the type of location that would perhaps be ideal - lots of mountain scenery to shoot without leaving the grounds of the hotel.

I think it might be useful if everyone who intends to attend stated where they would be travelling from then we can tally up these location and work out where would be best for everyone.

One other factor is cost, perhaps Hungary and the east are cheap than Italy and the west?


PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Instead of a hotel, maybe we could hire some large holiday chalets in a holiday park?


Sleeping in the same room with 10 other big snoring guys, I'm not sure if I'm still young enough for that Laughing Rolling Eyes

Never again! My days of rolling around shared accomodation are over and it's not just the snoring... other expelations are much worse.


PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea arrange meeting by continents, one in Asia, America, Australia Europe etc


PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to wake up this thread...

I propose we meet in poilu's house!
Sun, cats, castles, sea, beautiful girls, ...

What else do you want ?


PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I have an idea arrange meeting by continents, one in Asia, America, Australia Europe etc


This would be a good idea if we could arrange it...I see there are not many Aussies on here at the moment...a very small meeting.. Very Happy


PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Attila wrote:
I have an idea arrange meeting by continents, one in Asia, America, Australia Europe etc


This would be a good idea if we could arrange it...I see there are not many Aussies on here at the moment...a very small meeting.. Very Happy


Two members are enough Laughing Laughing or one member + mirror Laughing

Seriously if distance is not so far I think great idea to arrange a short meeting at least.


PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Two members are enough Laughing Laughing or one member + mirror Laughing

Attila, I used the mirror in the MFL meeting in Bergamo (Nov. 2010) Very HappyVery Happy


PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikos wrote:
Attila wrote:

Two members are enough Laughing Laughing or one member + mirror Laughing

Attila, I used the mirror in the MFL meeting in Bergamo (Nov. 2010) Very HappyVery Happy


Laughing Really ?


PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nikos wrote:
Attila wrote:

Two members are enough Laughing Laughing or one member + mirror Laughing

Attila, I used the mirror in the MFL meeting in Bergamo (Nov. 2010) Very HappyVery Happy


Laughing Really ?

On Saturday, we went to lake Como.
On Sunday, Orio could not come due to the snow fall.
So I wandered in Bergamo until my 5D quit due to humidity...