Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumens pixel wrote:

My 50 1,7 is conical near the aperture ring, 49mm filter and f16. I guess it makes an MDII, but not sure.

See here:
http://www.artaphot.ch/minolta-sr/objektive/156-minolta-50mm-f17

S

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
lumens pixel wrote:

My 50 1,7 is conical near the aperture ring, 49mm filter and f16. I guess it makes an MDII, but not sure.

See here:
http://www.artaphot.ch/minolta-sr/objektive/156-minolta-50mm-f17

S

Thanks, MDII then. I have not seen a test comparing the three versions. However I remember buying and testing a MDIII that was disappointing because the focal plane was tilted. I did not compare them since I get rid of it before buying the MDII.

As a side not I cannot access your site with Firefox but Opera is more permissive.

Last edited by lumens pixel on Sat Aug 24, 2024 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="lumens pixel"][quote="stevemark"]
lumens pixel wrote:

As a side not I cannot access your site with Firefox but Opera is more permissive.

We are aware of the problem, and a completely new site is being prepared.

S

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2024 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="stevemark"][quote="lumens pixel"]
stevemark wrote:
lumens pixel wrote:

We are aware of the problem, and a completely new site is being prepared.

S

i have no problem using firefox to acces artaphot, even the translator is working in the case of some info writen in german

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2024 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:

i have no problem using firefox to acces artaphot, even the translator is working in the case of some info writen in german

Good to know as well. We had some problems with hacker attacks a few days before the Ukraine conference here in Switzerland. While my provider has restored the site, it since has disappeared completely from google. While before googling Minolta or Konica stuff would lead to many artaphot results, now they all are completely gone. Even if you explicitely search for "artaphot konica", for instance, nothing shows up.

Using the same "artaphot konica" input e. g. on duckduckgo.com (another search engine) provides all the results as ever. Someone successfully has managed to erase me from google.

Pretty scaring indeed.

S

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people who ruined the internet
https://www.theverge.com/features/23931789/seo-search-engine-optimization-experts-google-results

Google is starting to squash more spam and AI in search results
https://www.theverge.com/2024/3/5/24091099/google-search-high-quality-results-spam-ai-content

New ways we’re tackling spammy, low-quality content on Search
https://blog.google/products/search/google-search-update-march-2024/

Previously:

More content by people, for people in Search
https://blog.google/products/search/more-content-by-people-for-people-in-search/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
kiddo wrote:

Good to know as well. We had some problems with hacker attacks a few days before the Ukraine conference here in Switzerland. While my provider has restored the site, it since has disappeared completely from google. While before googling Minolta or Konica stuff would lead to many artaphot results, now they all are completely gone. Even if you explicitely search for "artaphot konica", for instance, nothing shows up.

Using the same "artaphot konica" input e. g. on duckduckgo.com (another search engine) provides all the results as ever. Someone successfully has managed to erase me from google.

Pretty scaring indeed.

S

i´ve just checked another device (as all the ones i´m using would know your site right away lol), and on duckduckgo it shows right the first page but o google it comes out on 5th place, first being mflens forum;i did read about some other forum having some troubles also

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:37 am    Post subject: New lenses, some still on the way. Reply with quote

After getting a merit bonus at my job last month and acquiring my first mirrorless camera, I've went a little hog wild on new lenses.
I figured this is an appropriate place to post my latest acquisitions. A few are still on the way, but I started playing around with some of the ones I have received.

I got a Sony A5000 last month and it's unlocked my ability to use the 3 Leica L39 lenses I have on a digital camera, as well as inspiring me to do a round of my other vintage lenses on the new toy.

My new acquisitions:

Minolta Rokkor-PF 58mm/1.4 - aperture not working, likely the oily blades problem and they had been stored wide open (was on an SRT-101)
Minolta W.Rokkor-HG 35mm/2.8 - have not tested yet.
Helios 44-2 58mm/2 - oily blades, but working. Taken a few test pictures
Tamron SP 52B 90mm/2.5 Macro - taken a few test pictures

Minolta Rokkor-PF 50mm/1.7 - still in transit (was on a broken SRT-101,will see if I can fix the camera)
Vivitar Auto Macro 55mm/2.8 - still in transit
Juplen 135mm/2.8 - just won on eBay tonight, has not shipped from seller
Konica Hexanon 40mm/1,8 - paid but not shipped, came on an FS-1

In the last 6 months I'd also acquired a Vivitar 28mm/2.5 that was on a Mamiya 1000DTL, a Konica 50mm/1.7 on an Autoreflex TC, and a Yashinon 50mm/1.7 that was on a Yashica Electro-TL.

I still need to get adapters for the Juplen 135, the Vivitar Macro, and the 2 Konica lenses. Setting aside the Leica lenses and the couple of Vivitar/Soligor lenses I already had, I'd spent about $200 for everything above, before shipping.

I will post some pictures tomorrow from the Tamron and Helios, and maybe the Rokkor Wide, as soon as I resize the images.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon FL 50mm f1.8 (1st version)
Voigtlander Skoparex 35mm f3.4 (2nd version, DKL)
Vega 7E 20mm f2(C-mount)
Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm f2.8 (Praktina mount, seller marked as Exakta...)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor-SC 55mm f1.2 (Thrifted)
Nikkor 35mm f2 (eBay)
Nikkor 85mm f2 (eBay - will need work to clean fungus)

I've felt like Nikon hasn't had a chance to shine in my gear, but I was so taken with the AI-S 28/2.8 that I've become more interested in what else is out there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Deep wrote:
Nikkor-SC 55mm f1.2 (Thrifted)
Nikkor 35mm f2 (eBay)
Nikkor 85mm f2 (eBay - will need work to clean fungus)

I've felt like Nikon hasn't had a chance to shine in my gear, but I was so taken with the AI-S 28/2.8 that I've become more interested in what else is out there.

Be aware that the S.C. series lenses are far from modern, and some display a bit of obvious wartage(!) as in being technically imperfect. The rendering is something else, though- which for some can be a real love/hate relationship.
Post pix of the lenses when you have them in hand.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up a couple of interesting ones:

Carl Zeiss Ultron 50mm f/1.8 Icarex m42 - been chasing this for a while and was able to score a copy for under a hundred bucks. It had some aperture issues, and this is not a pleasant lens to work on, but I was able to get it 100% functional, and it's a magnificent lens. Just miles better than the later "Color Ultron" lenses sold with the VSLs. Never before owned one myself, but I have had a chance to play with borrowed examples, and it's just as good as I remember. Probably one I'll keep forever.

Nikkor-N Auto 35mm f/1.4 (Pre-AI) version - just about a mint sample, but with the obligatory yellowing, which I'm UV treating right now. Haven't had a ton of opportunity to try it out yet, and will probably be selling it on at some point, but initial tests reveal it to be a rather fun Bokeh lens with very close focusing abilities.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: New lenses, some still on the way. Reply with quote

VichySchwa wrote:

Minolta Rokkor-PF 58mm/1.4 - aperture not working, likely the oily blades problem and they had been stored wide open (was on an SRT-101)

This is an extremely easy lens to solve this problem on. The entire aperture and optical block slides out of the front of the lens by removing the trim ring and front barrel (3 screws), then 4 screws at the front. No disassembly from the rear necessary, and the aperture and focus rings remain untouched.

Then you can just unscrew the front and rear lens cells from the block and clean the iris however you want. Typically there will be oil all over the outside of the aperture block, which should be wiped off, too. You can even dunk the entire unit into solvent (I'd recommend naphtha or similar) if you are so-inclined.

When I clean these, I put the block in a beaker of naphtha in an ultrasonic cleaner, which requires no further disassembly of the iris or even direct touching of the blades.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2024 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: New lenses, some still on the way. Reply with quote

BrianSVP wrote:
VichySchwa wrote:

This is an extremely easy lens to solve this problem on. The entire aperture and optical block slides out of the front of the lens by removing the trim ring and front barrel (3 screws), then 4 screws at the front. No disassembly from the rear necessary, and the aperture and focus rings remain untouched.

Then you can just unscrew the front and rear lens cells from the block and clean the iris however you want. Typically there will be oil all over the outside of the aperture block, which should be wiped off, too. You can even dunk the entire unit into solvent (I'd recommend naphtha or similar) if you are so-inclined.

When I clean these, I put the block in a beaker of naphtha in an ultrasonic cleaner, which requires no further disassembly of the iris or even direct touching of the blades.

Yep - I'm seeing there's a few videos on YT about this and it seems fairly uncomplicated, same with the Helios. I hope to have a rainy saturday soon so I can work on those Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2024 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: New lenses, some still on the way. Reply with quote

The Helios isn't a particularly complex design, but it's an old-fashioned one, and the quality of the parts, particularly the little set screws, is abysmal compared to what you'll encounter on the Minolta. Make sure you have good quality, well-sharpened tools, and expect to spend a lot more time on cleaning parts on the Helios.

A lot of the exporters on Ebay who offer "serviced" examples don't even actually clean the helicals but simply slather more grease on top of the old, dried-out cosmoline typically encountered. A real part-by-part cleaning will get you much better results.

VichySchwa wrote:
BrianSVP wrote:
VichySchwa wrote:

Yep - I'm seeing there's a few videos on YT about this and it seems fairly uncomplicated, same with the Helios. I hope to have a rainy saturday soon so I can work on those Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
kiddo wrote:

Pretty scaring indeed.

S

It's showing up on the second page of google results, but the synopsis is in Russian and describes links to the KRAKEN darknet. I'm guessing this is lingering info pulled in from when the site was hacked. Once Google re-crawls the restored site, it will probably update back to where it should be:

Entering the address directly works just fine.

You can request an immediate re-crawl following the instructions below:
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/9012289#request_indexing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a vintage lens, but fully manual:

Velvet 56, Ricoh GXR by Pepperberry Farm, on Flickr

zinnia by Pepperberry Farm, on Flickr

wildflowers by Pepperberry Farm, on Flickr

cosmos by Pepperberry Farm, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pepperberryfarm/albums/72177720320143466

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperberry farm wrote:

Velvet 56, Ricoh GXR by Pepperberry Farm, on Flickr

zinnia by Pepperberry Farm, on Flickr

wildflowers by Pepperberry Farm, on Flickr

cosmos by Pepperberry Farm, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pepperberryfarm/albums/72177720320143466

Looks very good and nice pics.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumens pixel wrote:

Looks very good and nice pics.

thank you....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pictures Pepperberry!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperberry farm wrote:

That is pretty nice! And worthy of further investigation...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianSVP wrote:

It's showing up on the second page of google results, but the synopsis is in Russian and describes links to the KRAKEN darknet. I'm guessing this is lingering info pulled in from when the site was hacked. Once Google re-crawls the restored site, it will probably update back to where it should be:

Entering the address directly works just fine.

You can request an immediate re-crawl following the instructions below:
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/9012289#request_indexing

Thanks a lot for this additional information! As I said I will - with the help of a colleague - completely re-do the entire artaphot website, using current software. During the next two weeks the basic structure should be set up, and then I'll move the content step-by-step. That should make the site more secure.

S

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Very nice pictures Pepperberry!

Doc Sharptail wrote:
pepperberry farm wrote:

That is pretty nice! And worthy of further investigation...

-D.S.

thank you - I think a lot of people get hung up on the 'glow' that Lensbaby tends to advertise over the sheer sharpness of the lens once it's stopped down to f4 or beyond....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received this early Tamrom 28mm lens with a Miranda mount, in a slightly unusual version for Vernon Edonar brandname. The focus ring was slightly loose, but was a very simple fix just removing the rubber ring and tightening the set screws slightly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought the Minolta AF 70-210/4 beercan. It was so darn cheap, I couldn’t let it pass.
Used to have this lens in my analogue days by the way, and was quite happy with it.