Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Just bought the Minolta AF 70-210/4 beercan. It was so darn cheap, I couldn’t let it pass.
Used to have this lens in my analogue days by the way, and was quite happy with it.

What do you mean by "so damn chap" ...?

I remember the former head of servicing at Minolta Switzerland telling me that they had litterally had trashed "waste containers full of MinAF 4/70-210 mm lenses" during the transition period from the "beercan" to later much lighter MinAF 70-210mm lenses (plastic fantastic MinAF 3.5-4.5/70-210 and 4.5-5.6/70-210).

S

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
Just bought the Minolta AF 70-210/4 beercan. It was so darn cheap, I couldn’t let it pass.
Used to have this lens in my analogue days by the way, and was quite happy with it.

What do you mean by "so damn chap" ...?

I remember the former head of servicing at Minolta Switzerland telling me that they had litterally had trashed "waste containers full of MinAF 4/70-210 mm lenses" during the transition period from the "beercan" to later much lighter MinAF 70-210mm lenses (plastic fantastic MinAF 3.5-4.5/70-210 and 4.5-5.6/70-210).

S

Yeah, that's amazing, and you could call it a crime Smile
I paid € 40 and I found it within 1 minute after starting my search. Typical asking price here seems to be 60 €, but probably they sell for less.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah, that's amazing, and you could call it a crime Smile
I paid € 40 and I found it within 1 minute after starting my search. Typical asking price here seems to be 60 €, but probably they sell for less.

Yeah, the prices on these really cratered after Sony killed off the A mount. Prior to then, they regularly sold for $200+ and were popular pairings for the various Sony SLTs.