Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2024 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
The other one is the Takumar 200/5.6, also nice, and a very light weight option for daylight use.

Forgot about that one, I have one as well. Nice lens, very small.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is cool:

Lens looks very good but the iris seems to be seized up, camera would need a major service, haven't tried the flash system, from what I've read the polarity needs to be reversed for dslr.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up a free Yashica 108 with 35-70 MC f/3.5-4.5 lens.

Lens is nice a clean with no signs of haze or fungus and cosmetically is like new.
Operationally the focus ring is nice and smooth but the zoom action fells a little stiff, particularly towards the 35mm end.

Not had a chance to try it yet but will hopefully have a play sometime soon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe this is optically-identical to the Vivitar-Komine Auto Telephoto Macro 90mm f/2.5. Oddly, there is another Elicar-branded lens with the same optics that focuses to infinity, but this one doesn't.

Not the most fun lenses to service, but not not the worst in its class, either. Iris isn't too hard to get to.

marcusBMG wrote:
This is cool:

Lens looks very good but the iris seems to be seized up, camera would need a major service, haven't tried the flash system, from what I've read the polarity needs to be reversed for dslr.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
This is cool:

Yep, it certainly is! I have two medical "Dental Eye" SLRs from Yashica, one equipped with the 4/55mm Macro lens, the other with the 4/100mm Macro. Both have a flash integrated into the lens, and both lenses are non-detachable from the body.

S

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
and both lenses are non-detachable from the body.

S

Do both have an ability to focus at infinity?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
marcusBMG wrote:
This is cool:

Yep, it certainly is! I have two medical "Dental Eye" SLRs from Yashica, one equipped with the 4/55mm Macro lens, the other with the 4/100mm Macro. Both have a flash integrated into the lens, and both lenses are non-detachable from the body.

S

Just seen this medical lens hacked USB charging led strip for the flash - wonder how easy hack this would be on elicar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleAlex wrote:
stevemark wrote:
and both lenses are non-detachable from the body.

S

Do both have an ability to focus at infinity?

as fas as i know , most medical lenses are macro (very short mfd) limited , even though, maybe some of them might be able to remove the limitation (like some elicar one?)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:

as fas as i know , most medical lenses are macro (very short mfd) limited , even though, maybe some of them might be able to remove the limitation (like some elicar one?)

Thanks for the answer! I already learned, that it doesn't.

Some people disassembly it, for the further use, but I learned, that it is not worthy of the endeavor. If you already have decent macro lenses. Which I do.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/61026735

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleAlex wrote:
kiddo wrote:

Thanks for the answer! I already learned, that it doesn't.

Some people disassembly it, for the further use, but I learned, that it is not worthy of the endeavor. If you already have decent macro lenses. Which I do.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/61026735

sometimes these lenses would sell very cheap (30-50) and i guess they are interesting to play with for macro only, but tamron 90mm macro sell 80-110 so i guess the medical lenses, as you said are not really worth it

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
stevemark wrote:
marcusBMG wrote:
This is cool:

S

Just seen this medical lens hacked USB charging led strip for the flash - wonder how easy hack this would be on elicar

I would check first on trigger voltages before making any such attempt- the older the lens/ring-light combination, the higher the trigger voltage will be.
Still interesting, and probably workable.
The lens pictured is probably worth learning about, at the very least.

-D.S.