Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulhofseth wrote:
The M42 mount of that CStype has a peculiar outer raised ridge which makes it difficult to fit adapters .

p.

Assuming you mean the SX series of m42 lenses?

What's the target system to which you're trying to attach it? The newer KF concept mirrorless adapters are all designed to accommodate the rim/coupling pin on SX lenses as well as the "Fuji tab" coupler on Fujinons.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know what this bracket is/was for?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
anyone know what this bracket is/was for?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/38016-REG/Nikon_7806_Binocular_Tripod_Adapter.html

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and calvin83 wins the fast answer prize... Like 1

Won't fit my binocs, probably sell it. Bristol cameras are selling one for £87!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"brian svp" above rightly reminds me of the correct lens designation and asks about my adapter: I try to use a standard M42 to Canon EF ring but it is wide enough to collide with the ridge around the mamiya mount base. Everything else ad the mount is irrelevant.Even while not focussing to infinity, its performance is reasonable.

p.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually owned this lens for a while, but I finally got the m25 to m42 adapter in from China that I needed to complete my adapter stack for this Ektar 47mm f/2, pulled from a broken Kodak Retina II, and finally try it out.

Adapting required removing the cocking and trigger mechanisms from the lens, which I safely set aside so I can revert it to stock if need be later.

I'll post a separate thread with some example images in a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, not sure if there are any EF adapters that do accommodate the pin/lip, or if it's even possible given the flange length of the EF mount. Back when I still had my metal lathe, I used to machine down the aperture rings for use on DSLR, but alas, I no longer have one.

paulhofseth wrote:
"brian svp" above rightly reminds me of the correct lens designation and asks about my adapter: I try to use a standard M42 to Canon EF ring but it is wide enough to collide with the ridge around the mamiya mount base. Everything else ad the mount is irrelevant.Even while not focussing to infinity, its performance is reasonable.

p.

Last edited by BrianSVP on Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianSVP wrote:
I've actually owned this lens for a while, but I finally got the m25 to m42 adapter in from China that I needed to complete my adapter stack for this Ektar 47mm f/2, pulled from a broken Kodak Retina II, and finally try it out.

Nice lens and SN! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulhofseth wrote:

p.

From an ebay listing:

"This adapter is special Made to suitable for Mamiya SX M42 lenses and Fujinon EBC M42 lenses. These 2 Style lenses have special aperture mechanism to communicate with camera body. We build this adapter to avoid collision between lens and adapter."

Click here to see on Ebay

$60 USD from Taiwan. It works as advertised on my Canon 5D.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. It actually looks like it's a standard chromed brass adapter that was later lathed down to accomodate the aperture coupling on the Mamiya and Fuji lenses, hence the exposed brass around the edges. Easy way to turn a $10 adapter into a $60 one, apparently!

55 wrote:
paulhofseth wrote:

p.

From an ebay listing:

"This adapter is special Made to suitable for Mamiya SX M42 lenses and Fujinon EBC M42 lenses. These 2 Style lenses have special aperture mechanism to communicate with camera body. We build this adapter to avoid collision between lens and adapter."

Click here to see on Ebay

$60 USD from Taiwan. It works as advertised on my Canon 5D.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it at the flea market today.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the film magazine 250 for Pentax camera this week. I have no idea which M42 Pentax it fits. Does anybody have an idea?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave this a try because of the low price and the 0.6m minimum focus distance. It works great on my GFX. It's not modern-sharp or anything, but the images look nice.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbucklover69 wrote:
I bought the film magazine 250 for Pentax camera this week. I have no idea which M42 Pentax it fits. Does anybody have an idea?[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20242/big_12287_20240203_125709_1.jpg]

Maybe Pentax LX body? it´s a K mount not M42
on wikipedia you can find a pic with the accesories including the film magazine (i guess they are the same)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
starbucklover69 wrote:
I bought the film magazine 250 for Pentax camera this week. I have no idea which M42 Pentax it fits. Does anybody have an idea?[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20242/big_12287_20240203_125709_1.jpg]

on wikipedia you can find a pic with the accesories including the film magazine (i guess they are the same)

I think the logo / text looks older?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/8-film-slrs-compact-film-cameras/424592-spotmatic-sp-ii-data-back.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
kiddo wrote:
starbucklover69 wrote:

I think the logo / text looks older?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/8-film-slrs-compact-film-cameras/424592-spotmatic-sp-ii-data-back.html
piic

Bulk film back for K1000:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/8-film-slrs-compact-film-cameras/144778-k1000-w-motor-drive.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Bulk film back for K1000:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/8-film-slrs-compact-film-cameras/144778-k1000-w-motor-drive.html

Yes, even the serial looks close.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another unplanned purchase, however my GAS simply could not resist prices

(8eur) Soligor 135 2.8 (T2 with MD attached)
(15eur) Soligor 135 3.5 (dont ask, it was cheap, i think it's T2 with M42, or just M42)
(10eur) Sigma Mini Wide 28 2.8 (I already have II version so i took it to compare 'em and probably sell it, PK)

Soligors are (apparently) in good shape while Sigma needs CLA (stiff helicoid). I dont have serial # for Soligors yet, will know more when i get 'em (Tue, most likely). Wife will kill me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta 24-35mm f/3.5. Somebody sold a pristine one for 50€, so a no-brainer for me. Nice compact addition to the MD 75-150.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petri 55mm 1.8 in m42 mount, thanks to Caspert's test

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrBB wrote:
Another unplanned purchase
(15eur) Soligor 135 3.5 (dont ask, it was cheap, i think it's T2 with M42, or just M42)
(10eur) Sigma Mini Wide 28 2.8 (I already have II version so i took it to compare 'em and probably sell it, PK)

... Wife will kill me.

Because of 33 EUR?

ouch Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
DrBB wrote:

... Wife will kill me.

Because of 33 EUR?

ouch Wink

His wife can be happy that he doesn't buy Leicas. Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbucklover69 wrote:
stevemark wrote:
DrBB wrote:

... Wife will kill me.

Because of 33 EUR?

ouch Wink

His wife can be happy that he doesn't buy Leicas. Laugh 1

It's not the money, it's the amount of unused gear. In last 3 months due to shitty weather and bad health i'm just buying stuff, hoping it will be used soon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Minolta 24-35mm f/3.5. Somebody sold a pristine one for 50€, so a no-brainer for me. Nice compact addition to the MD 75-150.

For its size and age it's a surprisingly good lens. At f=24mm it can't compete with the (much larger, much more expensive and aspherical) nFD 3.5/20-35mm, but for reportage purposes it's pretty well suited.

S

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

For its size and age it's a surprisingly good lens. At f=24mm it can't compete with the (much larger, much more expensive and aspherical) nFD 3.5/20-35mm, but for reportage purposes it's pretty well suited.

S

That is one of my favourite lightweight travel combo's: Minolta MD 24-35/3.5 + MD 75-150/4