Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had to buy the "Triosan" 100mm f/2.8 Smile

https://www.manuellfokus.no/ttartisan-100mm-f2-8/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the best place to buy it in EU?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought from the official store. Free shipping and showed up in my mailbox the next week.
https://ttartisan.myshopify.com/products/m42?ref=vgisgi6u

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Doc Sharptail wrote:

Nikkor 28-85mm f3.5-4.5 A/I-s zoom.

I had a mint, boxed copy of this Kiron, and I hate to tell you this Doc....it was the worst zoom lens I've ever had...a real stinker.
I put it on a Pentax ME Super that I sold, and kept the body cap!

But the good news is...that Tamron is a gem.

Except mine is a Nikkor and not a Kiron.
There are some sample images up in the digital gallery sub-forum.
Haven't had much of opportunity to shoot with either- the weather here is refusing to co-operate.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I'm a great fan of lenses around the 100mm range, I bought a Fujinon 100mm f/2.8. Hope to show some results soon!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
As I'm a great fan of lenses around the 100mm range, I bought a Fujinon 100mm f/2.8. Hope to show some results soon!

Interesting! Apart fron a few rangefinders I have just two Fujinon SLR lenses (a 55mm f1.8 and a 135mm f3.5), but they usually are considered to be pretty good. Lokking forward to hear abaout your experiences!

S

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

Interesting! Apart fron a few rangefinders I have just two Fujinon SLR lenses (a 55mm f1.8 and a 135mm f3.5), but they usually are considered to be pretty good. Lokking forward to hear abaout your experiences!

S

Only lens I currenty have is the 55/1.8, and it's pretty good indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

I have one, the newest EBC version. The older ones are interesting for having a radioactive element if I remember correctly.

It's pretty good, too well behaved for me to have used it much. A bit less smooth bokeh than MD Rokkor 100mm 2.5.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

I have one, the newest EBC version. The older ones are interesting for having a radioactive element if I remember correctly.

It's pretty good, too well behaved for me to have used it much. A bit less smooth bokeh than MD Rokkor 100mm 2.5.

I ordered the older version, let's see.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

S

I have a 100mm f2.8 X-Fujinon lens (newer bayonet series) along some other lenses from this set. In terms of appearance and build these lenses are very similar to Minolta MDIII series - compact, most have 49mm filter thread, plenty of plastic but solid. In terms of optical performance, it is also not bad, may be not a total match to Minolta MDIII 100mm f2.5 but not very much inferior to it either.

Last edited by Manichaean on Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(sellers pic) I noticed another Miranda lens I never knew existed, a 58mm F2, and was definitely lured in for a better look. According to this post ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/mirandacamera/permalink/5770627259706836 ) on a Japanese Miranda Fans Facebook page, the lens was available around the beginning of 1958, just before the Miranda A camera was released with the silver 'Y' code PAD lens, making this the first Miranda 'automatic' aperture lens.

My interest is also as to whether this is a unique design or a biotar copy. Unfortunately I am at work, at sea on a vessel, and there's nary a leafy background to be found to help with confirmation. I only know of one other 58mm F2 Japanese lens, the Takumar Sonnar derived design from roughly the same period. At that time, Miranda and Asahi Pentax were probably the two most established competitors in a fairly small SLR market, joined lately by some of the big names to come. It's unlikely Asahi would have licenced their design to be used by Miranda, and as well, the Miranda lens has a distinct curvature on the outer side of the rear element as opposed to the flatter profile of the Takumar lens rear element.

If it is a biotar copy, it becomes both very common and fairly unique, because although the design was freely copied by both Soviet and Chinese lens makers, I'm not aware of other Japanese versions of that lens design. In the post war period many Japanese makers made lenses strongly based on German rangefinder lenses such as the Sonnar 5cm F1.5 and F2 lenses. Perhaps by the time Japanese makers turned to SLR designs they were also turning toward their own lens designs instead of relying on pre-war designs, perhaps as a point of marketing, as besides being in a battle with each other they were also strongly competitive with the German camera industry.

In any case, if I don't manage to find a suitable background for tests I'll have to wait a few weeks and test it against some known biotar designs and try to establish the truth of the matter. Even if it isn't it's still a somewhat unique lens I haven't seen before. The maker is not discernable, as there is no serial number prefix or suffix to use as a clue. It looks similar in some ways to both the 'Y' and 'K' code PAD lenses, but there's not really enough there to tell beyond doubt.

My gut feeling is that the lens was commissioned by Miranda to fill the gap while a 'Y' code PAD lens was manufactured (at this time they were already using 'Y' code preset 50mm F/1.9 lenses), and perhaps at that time a biotar design was used as all the optical design work was essentially done. The F2 aperture and 58mm focal length were both (in marketing terms) inferior to the 1.9 aperture and 5cm focal length Miranda had been able to boast about from the time of first release. So, once the 'Y' code PAD lens arrived with the Miranda A, perhaps the 58mm lens either sold poorly, or was withdrawn from sale. But it's only a guess at the end of the day.

The lens showed up with minor traces of fungus which cleaned off nicely. The aperture didn't work either, but a couple of sprays with degreaser and then once dry, the application of some graphite for lubrication fixed that problem easily.

edit: This link here ( http://novacon.com.br/odditycameras/phoenixmir.htm ) mentions a Crystar 58mm F2 lens for Miranda cameras, I wonder if this is that lens or another.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Japaneses Biotar clone? Congrats Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMC Pentax K 85mm f/1.8
Took a while to find a good one for reasonable price.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:

(sellers pic) I noticed another Miranda lens I never knew existed, a 58mm F2, and was definitely lured in for a better look. According to this post ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/mirandacamera/permalink/5770627259706836 ) on a Japanese Miranda Fans Facebook page, the lens was available around the beginning of 1958, just before the Miranda A camera was released with the silver 'Y' code PAD lens, making this the first Miranda 'automatic' aperture lens.

Look like it has Nikkor DNA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
SMC Pentax K 85mm f/1.8

I saw that one on Marktplaats too yesterday Wink Congrats with your new lens

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baekmann wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
SMC Pentax K 85mm f/1.8

I saw that one on Marktplaats too yesterday Wink Congrats with your new lens

Yeah, was not really looking for it, but they hardly ever show up on MP. And usually prices are a bit better locally than on Ebay.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy today a Pentax-A 100 f2.8 Macro for a good price Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbucklover69 wrote:

Let us know if it is good, not much reliable info on the internet!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbucklover69 wrote:

I recently saw that one in a local store for a crazy price (>500 CHF). So ... what's a "good price" ...?

Wink

S

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
blotafton wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

I ordered the older version, let's see.

I have one of these, the older version with the silver aperture ring.

I do like it. It's one of those lenses I always think I should use more often. I don't doubt the Rokkor has smoother bokeh, at least wide open, but if you like old Fujinons, the 100 has exactly that sort of character.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
starbucklover69 wrote:

I recently saw that one in a local store for a crazy price (>500 CHF). So ... what's a "good price" ...?

Wink

S

149 sfr. by Zumstein Laugh 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
starbucklover69 wrote:

Let us know if it is good, not much reliable info on the internet!

Look here : https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-A-100mm-F2.8-Macro-Lens.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron 70-150/3.5
unfortunately it is full of fungus. The performance of it is pretty bad, the low contrast may well be because of it's horrid condition but it I can't imagine it being great anyway.

And got some great deals on A-Mount lenses (I've acquired an LA-EA4 lately....)

Tamron 24-70/2.8
Sigma 20/1.8

And I'm gonna pick up a sigma 12-24 (!) first generation soon, got it for the insane price of 75 CHF
Really interested in that one.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marius.zaech wrote:
Tamron 70-150/3.5
unfortunately it is full of fungus. The performance of it is pretty bad, the low contrast may well be because of it's horrid condition but it I can't imagine it being great anyway.

Probably the earlier 02A version ?! I have the "Adaptall" Tamron 3.8/70-150mm (which according to "adaptall-2.com" has the same optical construction as the later "Adaptall-2" 3.5/70-150mm. My sample has a partly fogged rear lens, not too bad (still suitable for resolution tests), and its performance is quite mediocre. While it is very good in the image center at all apertures / focal lengths, at f3.8 ... f5.6 large parts of the image (>50%) have insufficient resolution for 24 MP FF sensors. Stopping down to f8 gives good results over 80-90% of the image area, and only the corners remain fuzzy.

The later Tamron 3.5/70-150mm 20A (actually a 4/75-150mm lens!) is much better and - at f=150mm - even rivals the legendary Minolta MD 4/75-150mm. The 20A is slightly inferior to the Minolta MD at f=70mm and f=100mm, but it still is a very good lens. And you can get it for next to nothing ...

marius.zaech wrote:
And got some great deals on A-Mount lenses (I've acquired an LA-EA4 lately....)

A-mount stuff is rediculously cheap right now. Especially considering the performance of most of the Minolta AF lenses ...

marius.zaech wrote:
Tamron 24-70/2.8

Interesting, especially since these fast mid-range are most difficult to calculate ... Would be interesting to see how it compares to the Minolta AF 2.8/28-70mm G and to the Sony Zeiss ZA 2.8/24-70mm.

marius.zaech wrote:

And I'm gonna pick up a sigma 12-24 (!) first generation soon, got it for the insane price of 75 CHF
Really interested in that one.

Probably quite well suited for reportage - but maybe some deficiencies when using it for architecture?? Looking forward to hear about your experiences!

S

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have good experiences with both my Tamron adaptall 70-150's (qz-150m (two touch) and 20a (one touch and more compact)