Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can follow my progress here :

http://forum.mflenses.com/the-easy-way-to-clean-and-re-lube-a-carl-zeiss-pancolar-1-8-t43840,start,15.html

It's really easy to remove the "big" helicoid. I had quite a hard time with the "smaller" one for the focus ring.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIcked up a 135/2.8-Q.C AI'd Nikkor with Nikon L37c filter for $37....less than it would cost to AI my 135/2.8-K....
Also got a couple of "musty" 50s on two apparently dead bodies....an Oly 50/1.8 with some element separation residue and a SMC Asahi Pentax 50/1.7 with a bit of fungus....for $7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my last "bargain" wasn't really one... the Jena 50mm f2.8 was really focus stiff beyond repair (considering my limited skill), I was looking for a Zeiss lens again!

I see that local ad about a Yashica FX-D. Nothing spectacular, but then I notice something; It's not a Yashica lens... looking closer, O...M...G...

A mint/perfect Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm F1.7 T* !!!

The guy was asking $75 CAD for the lot... I didn't bargain with him, I really wanted it!

I'll be sure to take some shot when I get time (and weather/light, I end my work day when the sun set -_-)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FX-D is a lovely camera too, I have one that came with a Yashica ML 2/50 which is damn good, I bet that Planar is stellar!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday someone grabbed a Pentax A50/1.4 + K85/1.8 for 50 €, together, incl. postage!
Aaaarrgh!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does mamiya rz67pro for 210€ count? Smile it only needs a lens and I´m broke at the moment. I also have offer on Kodak DCS Pro back for only 200€.. yay Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early morning (5h45) on a fleah market, I glanced a "pentax", opened and discovered two seet letters "LX" and a 50 1.4 on it.
The seller was asking 5€. I was really hard not to smile !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was dropping some old stuff off at the local charity shop this morning and had a quick browse while I was in there.
They never have any photography gear in - just old lady clothes, so I was surprised to see a couple of lenses.
At first I thought they would be M39 and thought I could sell them on eBay to fund something else.
But then I noticed they were M42. I have never seen these as M42.
The black one is 1968 and the silver 1970 and both in very good condition with cases and caps, although the silver one has a slightly firm focus ring and could probably do with a clean on the outside.

Is there anything I can use to clean up the silver (and is it chrome or aluminium?)
Price? I daren't say... it was daylight robbery.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternate Internet ID wrote:

Is there anything I can use to clean up the silver (and is it chrome or aluminium?)

An old toothbrush and patience !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then I noticed they were M42. I have never seen these as M42
I have this lens in silver M42. Pretty crap.. was donated to me, so the price/performance ratio is good though Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the later J-11A version and that is pretty crap too, sadly.

My best bargain lately was a Sigma DP1 for 28ukp inc shipping and a Dallmeyer 9 inch c mount lens in pristine condition for 99p plus 6ukp shipping.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few days ago, I raided a local camera shop. They have bins that they fill with old stuff and deep discount. Many of the items are NOS that have been sitting on the shelves for decades. The hauled included:

Canon FD 100mm f/4 macro lens
Canon FD 2x-A (two of 'em)
Canon FD 2x-B
Nikon eye-level prism for Nikon F
Nikon Angle Finder (two of 'em, for older round eyepiece Nikons) NOS
Nikon MD-E
Nikon PK3 ext tube
Nikon Ext set K (NOS)
Tamron 28-200 Aspherical adaptall-2 zoom
Tamron 55BB 500mm f/8 mirror
Vivitar Series 1 2x TC for S1 90mm f/2.5 macro C-FD mount (NOS)

. . . and more . . .

Spent about $200 on the lot.

Some of the items I plan to keep, others I plan to sell, or already have listed on eBay.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice haul Michael!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

I'd always thought the J11A was reasonably well regarded, not as much as the 37A but maybe a bit more "organic".
That aside I think the two I picked up today look lovely. I can't find much info at all on these M42 versions. Plenty on the M39, Leica, Contax etc and there are lots of them on ebay with M39 to M42 adapters but little on straight M42.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

I'd always thought the J11A was reasonably well regarded, not as much as the 37A but maybe a bit more "organic".
That aside I think the two I picked up today look lovely. I can't find much info at all on these M42 versions. Plenty on the M39, Leica, Contax etc and there are lots of them on ebay with M39 to M42 adapters but little on straight M42.

Having said that I just checked eBay and there are two of the "zebras" on there Embarassed
On the plus side I didn't even pay a quarter of what they are asking for both of mine.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Jupiter 11A was excellent, not far off the Sonnar 135 Mc Sonnar at all.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My J11A is quite soft, might be a bad copy or not in the best of condition, it is rather tired looking.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian did you try that jupiter on the nex as your focusing skills on the canon where not the best, my jupiter 11a despite having opticwl coating peeling is an amazing sharp lens one of the best if not best 135 i have

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good point Eddie, I shall dig it out and try it again. Mine has some spots of coating missing too.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Two rokkors Reply with quote

Today I bought two rokkors

minolta MD tele rokkor 135mm f3.5
minolta MD rokkor 45mm f2.

Both for 20€

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to another mate from Slovenija. Nice catch.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let the bells ring out and the banners fly !
the " green with envy " scale is going to go up
with each view .

I stopped in at a second hand store and spotted a camera that was not yet priced out.
While inspecting the inside of the film area , I noticed what looked like somebody had pushed
their fingers thru the shutter blades which were sticking out in all directions.
I showed this to a fellow in charge and said that the camera is definitely irrepairable but said
that i could probably use the lense. He said OK and then mentioned the price to which I agreed.
With camera in hand I came home and looked it up on the internet and just about fell off my chair.!

A Leica R4 with summicron-r 35/2
Yup.....you read right.... for $15.00

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the recent Lydith hype, now would be a good time to mention buying one last month for $17 including shipping Very Happy

Last edited by woodrim on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Im not a Leica guy so had to google/ebay...
Wish i didn't.... Laughing
Nice catch though , i keep hoping i get something like that some day. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmonkman1 wrote:
let the bells ring out and the banners fly !
the " green with envy " scale is going to go up
with each view .

I stopped in at a second hand store and spotted a camera that was not yet priced out.
While inspecting the inside of the film area , I noticed what looked like somebody had pushed
their fingers thru the shutter blades which were sticking out in all directions.
I showed this to a fellow in charge and said that the camera is definitely irrepairable but said
that i could probably use the lense. He said OK and then mentioned the price to which I agreed.
With camera in hand I came home and looked it up on the internet and just about fell off my chair.!

A Leica R4 with summicron-r 35/2
Yup.....you read right.... for $15.00

You lucky, lucky sod! The R4 is also worth a fair wad of cash, even with shutter like that, there are tons of Leica enthusiasts who would want it either for parts or to get it repaired.

Summicron is, obviously, worth a big pile of cash, sell it and use the funds to finance buying several excellent lenses of other brands.