Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikonD wrote:
Just got a Tokina RMC 400/5.6 for 37€ in very good condition... Wink

I had one of those for a while until I got the Pentax version. The RMC is a good lens.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Tokina RMC 17/3.5 for $21 Reply with quote

Hi!

I bought a bag of lenses a while ago for a bit more than $20, and this gem was hidden in it. In EX condition, and with original caps, no less. The only unfortunate thing is the FD mount, but I do already have the adapter....

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up a Fujinon EBC 50/1.4 for $5 CAD while I was in a small town for a wedding. Only a hint of fungus, perfectly shootable in current condition.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glasslover wrote:
Tokina RMC 17/3.5 for $21

I bought a bag of lenses a while ago for a bit more than $20, and this gem was hidden in it. In EX condition, and with original caps, no less. The only unfortunate thing is the FD mount, but I do already have the adapter..

Congrats, that is really great!
If it didn't cost you too much to trash the rest of the lenses Laughing Laughing
Only a quarter of what I paid for the lens with M42 mount.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Amiens' "rederie" (a huge flea market), for 50€, I get a BOYER SAPHIR 300mm f4.5. Pretty happy ! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday an today did some hunting. Yesterday at a Goodwill, I got a Asahi Pentax Super Takumar 50mm 1.4. It's in phenomenal condition. Actually looks unused though it needs de-yellowing. Cost me $25 and just waiting for my M42 to EOS adapter. Today, I hit up a flea market and discovered MD Rokkor-X 45mm f/2 and MD Rokkor-X 24mm f/2.8 for just $55 for both. I'll sell those to finance some other purchases so overall nice two days of hunting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this thread....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that my 1959 chrome Tair-11, which I bought on ebay for 52$ is quite a find, as I have never seen any Tair-11, regardless of mount, year and condition for less than 3 times that!
And my copy is MINT!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had in mind to get a Tokina RMC 28mm, but I wasn't actively searching for one.

This ad showed up on the classified :

Camera :
Yashica FR-II

Lenses :
Yashica DSB 50.mm f1.9
Tokina RMC 28mm f2.3
Tokina RMC 80-200mm f4

Flash :
Bell & Howell Model 350 (An enormous beast of a flash!)
Complete colored gel set.

Other:
Kalimar Exposure Meter Model A-1 (I'm clueless how to use such a device)
3-4 Microfiber (Tokina brand)
Lens cleaning solution (Not sure if I should trust that old bottle...)

Camera, lens, flash manual and booklet.

For $80 CAD

The 80-200 had some fungus inside (quite minimal) that was easy to clean. It wasn't so hard to disassemble but now I need to figure what I did wrong in re-assembly because it focus past infinity.

I'm still quite happy because now I have my 28mm Tokina RMC!

As a bonus, it's a C/Y mount... really nice for me since I plan to use one of my Contax camera soon (I want to try film again).

Edit :

Forgot about that Velbon Victory 460 that was also included Razz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:
I hate this thread....
+1

Flea markets are thin on the ground around here Sad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly the bargain of the century....

but I've just this minute received a mint Vivitar Series 1 90mm f2.5 macro, complete with mint 1:1 extender, for £59. Razz
(the extender still has some blue plastic film for protection on the shiny bits)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:

but I've just this minute received a mint Vivitar Series 1 90mm f2.5 macro, complete with mint 1:1 extender, for £59. Razz
(the extender still has some blue plastic film for protection on the shiny bits)

True, not that great bargain. I can take charge of it for that price, so that you can unlock your capital. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
SonicScot wrote:

True, not that great bargain. I can take charge of it for that price, so that you can unlock your capital. Twisted Evil

Still, I hate this thread too. It should be locked.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Twisted Evil Cool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
SonicScot wrote:

Laughing Laughing you haven't an ice-cube's hope in hell sir Laughing Laughing

I'll do some comparison stuff between this Vivitar and my Elicar 90/2.5 at the weekend. I suspect I'll find the Elicar being relegated. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Sonicscot:
A good one is that vivitar macro that you just found. I just got its little brother...vivitar 55 2.8 macro 1:1 with a 28 serial number. Initial impressions are very good....20 bucks !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmonkman1 wrote:
hey Sonicscot:
A good one is that vivitar macro that you just found. I just got its little brother...vivitar 55 2.8 macro 1:1 with a 28 serial number. Initial impressions are very good....20 bucks !

Yours is made by Komine, whereas mine is a different animal made by Tokina. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: another good deal Reply with quote

I once scored a used smc takumar 35mm F2.0 lens in a camera shop for $35

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oly OM3 (stuck winding lever at the moment) B grade
OM 50 1.4
OM 28 2.8
OM 135 3.5
Winder 2
All original boxes, extra focusing screen, big Braun flash, tripod and a few cases to fit it all into.
"other stuff"
Oh, and two rolls of Kodachrome 64 slide film Wink
Glass is minty

140eur - no complaints

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Items below...

Olympus OM10 (with manual adaptor), Zuiko OM f1.8/50mm, Sicor f2.8/28mm, Sicor f4.5/80-200mm, T20 electronic flash, plus 2x Miranda flashguns (already sold for £6) All are mint, verging on immaculate... Total £26...

Zenit 3+Helios 44 - silver, 13 blades...£32
Zenit 3M body - quite rare - £9.
The 3M is almost mint, just the couple of bits of missing paint on the front. Ah'd say the 3 was excellent condition . Been using the Helios on my Sony A700 with great results.

[/img]

Cool

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contax Carl Zeiss Planar T* 50mm/1.7 for $25, Mamiya Sekor 55mm/1.4 for $19.99, and Vivitar 24mm/2.0 for $15

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 1.5/50, 1938 uncoated for Contax, excellent condition. 43ukp. Has been on my Kiev ever since I got it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just won a Tair 3S 300mm 4.5, today on ebay. I got it for 25€. Supposed to be in mint condition. Seems a bargain to me, usual price is closer to 90-100€.

Jean Claude

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jclaude wrote:
Just won a Tair 3S 300mm 4.5, today on ebay. I got it for 25€. Supposed to be in mint condition. Seems a bargain to me, usual price is closer to 90-100€.

Jean Claude

Well done you, here's hoping the description is accurate, if so you have a real bargain. Cool

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice old 200mm f5.9 Hanimex-Tamron from the 60-ies for 8 Eur.
I have also the 300 mm which is very good and this one is even smaller and lighter.