Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i hope i dont make you all sick with this bargain
schneider-kreuznach xenar 1:2.8/50 in M42 with a 42 serial number and a Braun 34 Filter on it in very good condition for age for a whopping 99p with £3.50 P+P
Very Happy
I will be relubing and cleaning it as it has a musty loft smell
Look forward to testing this

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a little bargain story of my week. It's not "MF lens"... but it is Camera related.

Monday I get a broken Canon 50d for $50 CAD.

No battery, only the body and the body cap.

The guy told me it did power on, but as soon as he took a picture, it would just show an error message.

Looking online, I had good hope I would only have to replace the shutter assembly ($50 on the bay).
This looked like quite a challenge (look on youtube for 40d shutter replacement video...), but not impossible for an hobbyist electronic geek Razz

Same night, I order a battery form China... that's gona take 3 weeks Mad

I'm a bit impatient so today I find the battery pinout.

I get some of my Xti 7.4v battery and rig something to power the 50d.

- It power on (yay!)
- Mirror works fine
- Shutter works fine (I can use bulb mode to see the sensor, shutter assembly is fine?)
- It take black picture only! (Wtf! that's not what I expected, the guy said an error message)

I get myself a 30d repair PDF from http://www.motleypixel.com/forum/index.php/topic,213.0.html (thanks guy!) and find the part about the sensor.

There's 2 ribbon cable that connect the sensor the the main board. What if one of them got disconnected? Couldn't be that simple...

So I open the back part, get to the point where I see sensor ribbon cable cover.
Get my soldering pen to remove the metal cover (see pdf for detail Razz).

NO WAY!! It is that simple!! There's that little fella that is disconnected.

I plug it back in
Reassemble everything

Rig my battery/wire combo and boom : it works! Laughing Laughing Laughing

TLDR : I got myself a working 50d for $50.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andreq wrote:
Here's a little bargain story of my week. It's not "MF lens"... but it is Camera related.

The guy told me it did power on, but as soon as he took a picture, it would just show an error message.

Looking online, I had good hope I would only have to replace the shutter assembly ($50 on the bay).
This looked like quite a challenge (look on youtube for 40d shutter replacement video...), but not impossible for an hobbyist electronic geek Razz

- It power on (yay!)
- Mirror works fine
- Shutter works fine (I can use bulb mode to see the sensor, shutter assembly is fine?)
- It take black picture only! (Wtf! that's not what I expected, the guy said an error message)

I get myself a 30d repair PDF from http://www.motleypixel.com/forum/index.php/topic,213.0.html (thanks guy!) and find the part about the sensor.

There's 2 ribbon cable that connect the sensor the the main board. What if one of them got disconnected? Couldn't be that simple...

So I open the back part, get to the point where I see sensor ribbon cable cover.

I plug it back in
Reassemble everything

great deal, sometime you just get lucky!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hifisapi wrote:
Andreq wrote:

- It power on (yay!)
- Mirror works fine

I plug it back in
Reassemble everything

great deal, sometime you just get lucky!

I wasn't expecting much and I didn't mind "loosing" $50 (can always resell online), but that made me happy!

It's a nice addition to my gear. I'm still trying to see if I prefer the 50d or my t2i.

Btw, I forgot to mention it only has ~9500 shutter actuation count Razz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andreq wrote:

- It power on (yay!)
- Mirror works fine

I plug it back in
Reassemble everything

where is the pdf ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong thread... sorry about that :

http://www.motleypixel.com/forum/index.php/topic,992.0.html

It's a 40D pdf. I just posted a msg on his board about my repair also.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andreq wrote:

- It power on (yay!)
- Mirror works fine

I plug it back in
Reassemble everything

Tabarnak mon pote, t'es bon!
Chapeau!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today i got lucky !! Very Happy

SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH Curtagon 2,8/35 $35 CAD

TOKYO KOGAKU RE, Auto-Topcor 2,8/10cm $50 CAD

Both in great shape...... i'll be keeping the Topcor.... Razz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of weeks ago : Contax camera + CZ Distagon 35 f/2.8 C/Y + CZ Planar 50 f/1.7 C/Y + Makinon 28 f/2.8 C/Y for 20 Euros.
Then I sold the camera body for... 20 euros.

The Distagon is really awesome and maybe my best MF lens ever. Did not spend that much time with the Planar.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dok wrote:
A couple of weeks ago : Contax camera + CZ Distagon 35 f/2.8 C/Y + CZ Planar 50 f/1.7 C/Y + Makinon 28 f/2.8 C/Y for 20 Euros.
Then I sold the camera body for... 20 euros.

The Distagon is really awesome and maybe my best MF lens ever. Did not spend that much time with the Planar.

Somebody was talking about locking this thread, isn't it?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO

yesterday in a big flea market state in a big concert hall, i bought a photo bag LOWEPRO compact AW in very good shape (only dusty) for 3€
Even if i don t really need it i could nt resist

i still found a VIVITAR serie1 70_210 PK-mount in good shape for less than 20€ but i don t like zoom (the only one i've and i like is OLYMPUS 28_70/3.5_4.5) so i don t take it

OLYMPUS 28_70/3.5_4.5 was bought for 10€ ,like EL NIKKOR 75/4,few weeks ago at flea market that state every week end

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: My best bargains... Reply with quote

In approximate USD-

1.SMC Pentax (M) 100mm f4 macro & SMC Pentax FA 50mm f1.7 = USD 140
2. SMC Pentax M 28mm f3.5 - 40 USD
3. SMC Pentax M 35mm f2.8 - 35 USD
4. SMC Takumar 55mm f1.8 - 33 USD
5. Tair 11A - 30 USD
6. Pentax P3N + SMC P A 50mm f2 - 30USD

Nothing like the others...

But my repairs are cheap.

Arijit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ex+ Nikon FE2 with 35-70 F3.3-4.5: $25

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andreq wrote:

- It power on (yay!)
- Mirror works fine

I plug it back in
Reassemble everything

Lucky boy. I hate you Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:

Tabarnak mon pote, t'es bon!
Chapeau!

MDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's random finds:

Vivitar 135mm f/3.5 preset T-mount
[another] Tamron SP 35-80mm f/2.8-3.8 with Nikon Adaptall-2 mount
Soligor C/D 78-210mm f/3.5...

$15

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found at the thrift store:
Black Nikon EM, clean and working with an AIS Tokina SD 28-70mm zoom
...$10

Very Happy

That'll go well with the Nikon F and Nikkormat EL - now I can use AI lenses!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know alot about bargains since I just started Collecting MF-lenses again last week.

But I found a Pentax 40/2.8 PK pancake at a fleamarket for €5 yesterday. I just found out it's worth a tad more than €5.
Also got a Meyer Görlitz 135/3.5 for €10, it was in need of a good cleaning however.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEX-3, in very very good condition for £130? Next cheapest I could find was around £200.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it, you'll love it!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did, I just forgot to post about it in here.

Problem is, I want an NEX7 now... Sad

It will have to wait until I spot a bargain Samyang 14mm... Yeah, Right!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Blyth Market today, there was a house clearance/second hand stall and as I was browsing I saw a Pentax SLR camera case. As I hurriedly picked it up it squashed in my hand - no camera Crying or Very sad

I looked inside and found a lens with the legend on the front: "SMC PENTAX-M 1:2.8 28mm 7254178 ASAHI OPT. CO. JAPAN". I let the sun shine on the lens front and rear elements and, other than a smeared fingerprint on the front, absolutely clean. The iris movement was very snappy (much stronger return spring than Zuikos). The focus was very smooth and the aperture ring worked fine. I put on my disappointed face and asked "Where's the rest of it?" The stall holder replied "That's all there is. I wish I had the camera to go with it!" "Damn! I would need to buy a camera body to go with it. How much?" "I know what I paid for it, so what is it worth to you?" "Fiver?" I replied, frowning. "OK" he said.

I don't have any K mount cameras, so this one is going straight up for sale. I can find how much people are asking for them on ebay but what I really need to know is how much they are selling for. Attila? Didn't Attila have a tool for looking up completed items?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to select 'completed listings':
Here's the list.

Attila wrote:
http://mflenses.com/es.php

use above tool it will search in sold items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On local internet fleat market I found used Zenit ET with like new Helios 44m-6 for 15e. Normally you can find here only helios for 30-40e.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, can I just make a comment?

It's great to hear about bargains you've found, but I believe there are other outlets in the forum and other where that's most appropriate.

Personally, IMHO, I think this thread really is about reporting outrageous bargains that will make other members green with envy. At least, that's why *I* come here, in a sort of a sado-masochist kind of way, I want to hear about the extra-ordinary bargains that is gonna make me drool.

Recently, it's gotten to be mostly about "Hey that's a pretty good deal you got there!" showcases… and, well, I'm just not getting my fix here Very Happy

I mean I'm a bargain hunter. Pretty much everything I get is a great bargain… for example, the other day I got a Jobo CPA-2 with lift (latest model), Expert drum for 4x5, several smaller Jobo tanks including a couple of 2523s and brandnew 2509n reels, tons of bottles, etc. etc. etc. for $700. Just so you know, that's a damn good bargain. The tanks etc., if sold separately, will fetch more than that, which means I got the latest version CPA-2 w/ lift for free, which goes for around $900 on Ebay. But I don't come here and talk about it because…, well because I'm pretty sure people aren't goind to be drooling and green with envy hearing that.

No, I wanna hear about the guy that picked up that Noctilux in Prague for €400. I wanna hear about people picking up a mint Zuiko 21/2 for $60 (ahem). Dok's post was good… that was green envy material right there Very Happy My 2c… (wait, who picked up what for 2 cents??)