Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What Lenses Have You Sold And Now Bitterly Regret
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: What Lenses Have You Sold And Now Bitterly Regret Reply with quote

I've been having a good read of the forum of late and while it's great to read about lenses I've once owned it still hurts because for the life of me I'll never understand why I sold them in the first place, quick list of which I don't own anymore boo hoo Shocked .

Panagor 90mm f2.8 Macro
Pentax M 200mm f4
Pentax M 28mm f2.8
Pentax M 50 f1.7
Pentax M 80-200 f4
Pentax M 75-150mm f4
Pentax M 135mm f3.5
Sold all of the above Pentaxes because I had the strange desire to buy a Tamrom 70-300mm LD Di Macro (oh dear, it lasted about 3 weeks until the naff build quality and wild CA finally convinced me I'd made a terrible mistake).
Helios 44M-6
And probably many more which I can't remember.

Go on add your list of shame and they don't count if you've re-bought them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold my FLekto 35mm 2.8 and I've always blamed myself for that...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell a lens ? How does that work ? Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What Lenses Have You Sold And Now Bitterly Regret Reply with quote

noddywithoutbigears wrote:
I've been having a good read of the forum of late and while it's great to read about lenses I've once owned it still hurts because for the life of me I'll never understand why I sold them in the first place, quick list of which I don't own anymore boo hoo Shocked .

Panagor 90mm f2.8 Macro
Pentax M 200mm f4
Pentax M 28mm f2.8
Pentax M 50 f1.7
Pentax M 80-200 f4
Pentax M 75-150mm f4
Pentax M 135mm f3.5
Sold all of the above Pentaxes because I had the strange desire to buy a Tamrom 70-300mm LD Di Macro (oh dear, it lasted about 3 weeks until the naff build quality and wild CA finally convinced me I'd made a terrible mistake).
Helios 44M-6
And probably many more which I can't remember.

Go on add your list of shame and they don't count if you've re-bought them.

Oh, now that was a REALLY bad decision Shocked

I don't regret selling anything to be honest!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax M85/2 (optically not perfect, but sooo great for portraits)
Pentax FA135/2.8 (very fast, accurate AF. Can you believe that Pentax has no 135mm in their actual lens program?)

I sold them, then bought them again, later.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oww, I'd be distraught if I sold all of that lovely M glass to buy a modern crappy telezoom.
My only real lens regrets are selling my 8 element Super Tak 1.4/50 and Super Tak 2.5/135. The 135 was sold for £45 and I'd have to pay a lot more to find one now. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

I'm with you there David. I keep reading how people feel stupid for selling lenses they wish they hadn't and it makes me want to hang on to mine even more! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolar 80mm in EX++ condition, but makes another member here very happy... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I regret to have sold several lenses, but none of them "bitterly". Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never look back sold dot there is so many new one. Usually I never sell rare lenses what is hard or impossible to buy again, if I sell any I have more than one copy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't regret selling anything, although I got a lot of weird looks when I sold my Flek 35/2.4 (and a few more looks when the Bronica SQaM went with it), but as it cost me £5-10, and I rarely used it, there was no point in keeping it with prices as high as they were.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one, my MMJ Planar 2/100 Contax, but that wasn't a choice, I was forced to sell by the taxes.
Otherwise I would have never sold it.
I'm trying to save enough to buy it again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's fine, you must have got a dud one. Alas, even though that lens was highly regarded as great bang for the buck, I've no doubt some duffers got out.

Lloydy wrote:

Indeed. It's a strange concept.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sold 2 to a friend of mine and regret that only because he never uses them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Pancolar 80mm in EX++ condition, but makes another member here very happy... Wink

Hah! I'll sell even the Canon 85mm f/1.2 S.S.C. Aspherical before the Pancolar. No; the Pancolar is here to stay. Greetings from my camera bag! Laughing

(You really don't have an 80mm Pancolar anymore???)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:

Mine's fine, you must have got a dud one. Alas, even though that lens was highly regarded as great bang for the buck, I've no doubt some duffers got out.

Lloydy wrote:

Indeed. It's a strange concept.

I never really got on with it just never gave consistent results, I bought the Sigma 70-300mm APO Super Macro to see if that was better but although slightly better at controlling CA it never really shined. After these two I reverted back to MF and have been here ever since. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one I feel sorry about to have sold it was a Rokkor 100mm 2.0, that I traded in for a Rokkor 85mm 1.7. If I see now samples of the 100mm I wish that I had kept it. Bit it would be a bit overdone I must confess. I still have the 85mm and a 100mm 3.5 macro.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fujinon EBC 135/3.5

I basically gave it away because didn't then know how to use it- Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I never look back sold dot there is so many new one. Usually I never sell rare lenses what is hard or impossible to buy again, if I sell any I have more than one copy.

I think I am in this category, but how do you sell a lens?

I have too many duplicates of identical copies...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
Attila wrote:

I think I am in this category, but how do you sell a lens?

I have too many duplicates of identical copies...

That's why we have a MARKETPLACE here!!