Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dolomite Alps (1973)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Dolomite Alps (1973) Reply with quote

Hi,

here few older slides from 1973.
Praktica Super TL and Meyer stuff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat captures.. Great shots with a nice feel from the grain, and the colours too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic set, Rolf !
Could you give some information where this exactly was shot...1st and 3rd shot would interest me.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tobias,

the name of the village with the hotel is "MOENA". All other shots were nearby. I found one in my set with a ropeway named LUSIA. Sorry it 36 years ago so I have forgotten something Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, but there's changed a lot since then. I used to ski a lot around Val di Fassa (where Moena is located) and Val Gardena. I was hoping to recognize Piz Sella but I can't Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Peter, 36 years is a long time Shocked Shocked Shocked

If you like here few other shots

and this was Moena in 1973

and then I found this one here - Après-Ski was already important at that time. But it seems, that I made something wrong with the lady one the left side Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing scenery and even more amazing image quality from those old slides!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rolf for the explaination.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
This last shot is so "out of this world", look at the sunglasses and the red jacket of the very right guy, where can I buy this outfit Smile
... 60/70th clothes are quie in again this year on the ski-runs.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
Thanks Rolf for the explaination.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
This last shot is so "out of this world", look at the sunglasses and the red jacket of the very right guy, where can I buy this outfit Smile
... 60/70th clothes are quie in again this year on the ski-runs.

Cheers
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

hopefully the "guy" on the right side doesn´t see this thread because she is (was) a girl Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful slides, all superb quality

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
hopefully the "guy" on the right side doesn´t see this thread because she is (was) a girl

hehehehe ... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing sorry for the late reaction, I was a bit of away from the forum some days ...

I was a natural reaction from me to think that these are two couples.

but what do you mean by: "she is (was) a girl" ??
is she dead or is she a man now Wink ?

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
Quote:
hopefully the "guy" on the right side doesn´t see this thread because she is (was) a girl

hehehehe ... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing sorry for the late reaction, I was a bit of away from the forum some days ...

Cheers
Tobias

I don´t know. I have lost sight of her. So she is still alive or maybe dead. 36 years is a long time Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to see that a hand held up to the ear doesn't have a cell phone in it Smile

(remember the time when you saw someone talking to themselves on the street you thought crazy nut?)

That's a great series, I enjoyed it very much.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
Quote:

Cheers
Tobias

I have a linguistic question, doesn't the word "guy" in English work for both males and females?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don´t know. Guy is in German "Kumpel" which is male. In Italian it is like "Tipo" Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy can mean a group of people, but it's always in the plural: Hey you guys! is inclusive of gals as well as dudes. You guys want free lenses?

Guy in the singular is always male.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
I don´t know. Guy is in German "Kumpel" which is male. In Italian it is like "Tipo" Wink

ok
but we also decline "tipo" to the feminine: "tipa" Wink
By the way - that is horrible Italian. Like slang. It does not sound vulgar, but it's wrong (it means something else), and it sounds cheap, if you know what I mean... nobody when speaking in good Italian would use the word "tipo" to refer to a person, unless he wants to mean that this person is an example, or symbol.
The regular meaning of the word "tipo" is similar to "print". In fact tipo is a word used in typography.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

I have a linguistic question, doesn't the word "guy" in English work for both males and females?

I would say this..

You can name a people of either sex (MEN and WOMEN) as 'GUYS' -- for sure.. Smile

Last edited by trifox on Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf -- I love these pictures -

They show us the better times I think..

The nature was nicer, the sun shone nicer -- I was 4 years old and the winter was like should be ..

@ about the last picture! The glasses are just AMAZING piece of history!

I love also the colours -- they bring back some memories ..

I think one good example was film ORWO Smile

thanks

tf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your picts!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ all

Thanks for your friendly comments

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really hard to believe that these pictures are scans from slides 36 years old. #3 knocks me over.

My kudos
Thomas