Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Weißsee Panorama - SMC A20/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Weißsee Panorama - SMC A20/2.8 Reply with quote

One panorama left from a mountain trip some week ago - a kind of 2nd choice ...

Asahi SMC A 20mm 2.8
stiched from 15 landscape format shots

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great panorama from your hand. It must be great to live there instead of The Netherlands Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful scene.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchanting scenario!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all !

Quote:
It must be great to live there instead of The Netherlands

Yes Peter, it was quite a big relief to return to Austria after studying 7 years in Amsterdam.
I am grown up in the mountains and Holland is flat as a pancake. Huge difference in climate too, Holland is so wet and windy.

But I enjoy to be in the Netherlands each year for some weeks/months (working relations/my Dutch wife). I love Friesland, Limburg and Zeeland from countryside, and I very like Dutch mentality ...
just at the moment I am in Middelburg - surprisingly cold here today, ... tomorrow I will be in Italy, yeah !!!

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
Thanks all !

Quote:
It must be great to live there instead of The Netherlands

Yes Peter, it was quite a big relief to return to Austria after studying 7 years in Amsterdam.
I am grown up in the mountains and Holland is flat as a pancake. Huge difference in climate too, Holland is so wet and windy.

But I enjoy to be in the Netherlands each year for some weeks/months (working relations/my Dutch wife). I love Friesland, Limburg and Zeeland from countryside, and I very like Dutch mentality ...
just at the moment I am in Middelburg - surprisingly cold here today, ... tomorrow I will be in Italy, yeah !!!

Cheers
Tobias

So you are more or less tied to The Netherlands. Maybe you could do some night shots of the centre of Middelburg. But I think that's too late now Smile

What do you like about the Dutch mentality? Because I'm not so sure I like it too Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful panorama, Tobbs! Reminds me of the old Patagonia catalogs
I used to get.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Majestic!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A stupendous scene, and artfully taken! I love mountains and lakes and meadows like you are showing here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Beautiful panorama, Tobbs! Reminds me of the old Patagonia catalogs
I used to get.

Exactly what came to my mind. Nice job, Tobias.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craftsmanship on display - what a fab pano Tobbsman. I would definitely not put this as second to anything

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all !

@Katastropho and bwang
I don't know this Patagonia you are talking about, is is a kind of commercial magazine about the alps ?

@Peter
What I mean with/how I experienced Dutch mentality is the kind of open-mindedness to everything. Not alway to look back in a conservative way as most Autstrians are doing ...

... yes Middelburg is too late now but I will return there in 3 weeks, it's definitly worth to take a camera there for a day or two Smile

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobbs, Patagonia was a mailorder outfit for cold weather clothes, climbing
gear, some camping gear, etc. I was into mountain touring skiing back in
the early 70's and got most of my equipment from Great Pacific Iron
Works (they sold a great Mountainsmith pack at the time) and it seemed
they either went bust or morphed into Patagonia as I stopped getting the GPIW catalog, just Patagonia.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Caspar David Friedrich atmosphere in this picture.
Great!

Thomas