Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Opinions please
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Opinions please Reply with quote

I'm not fishing for compliments. I would like to know honest opinions about the pictures. Let me have it, good or bad.

Too light/to dark.
Contrast.
Saturation.
Or what ever you might think to improve them.

I scanned them with The Epson 2450 that I got from my friend Bill. Processed in lightroom.

EOS 3 with helios 44M-4 @ f/5.6
Kodak gold 200

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the first and last are a tad too saturated (at least on my non-calibrated monitor), but other than that I take my hat off to you. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The green looks very alive, and compostion is good. Now i recall that i have seen already those pix posted in another post. i'm not aware with post processing, but it looks realistic, maybe you should give the link to the origiinal pix to compare with

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Spotmatic, a bit too saturated. Otherwise, nice composition and sharp scan.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all are to much saturated (esp. red channel), but except this all 3 looks to me fine (but if you want to show something special, i dont see it. its just three point-and-shoot photos - all are good examples, why i like this cheap kodak gold).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots - I like what's going on in #1.
Too saturated for me though - as already said - and on my monitor at least they look too sharpened. Like they've been scanned at low res and and then sharpened up. HI res' version?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scans look good to me, Ron. Maybe a little too saturated, but time of day
and season, sunny/overcast, can really effect the intensity/quality of the greens.
I grew up in the north woods, too, different state. Wink

I'm sure if Cyndi Lauper were around to see these files through her
heavily mascara'd eyelashes she'd agree: True Colors!

Are you using the Epson software or something else?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

The first and last I was trying an action a guy gave me. I thought they looked a little funny but wanted to see what others thought. The green looks different. The middle was a remake the old fashioned way with no action ( vivid or something like that he called it for PS).

Epson software Bill.

This was my original for the first one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks very good, Ron, the sky is back to normal, too. I've been looking
at so many color renditions of my own stuff I'm starting to go color blind! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the upper group, the middle image looks markedly "better"
as far as color saturation. The scans themselves are really
GOOD, especially for scanning negatives. Overall, I would think
that you should be pleased with these Ron.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bill and Larry.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, the composition, the light metering, they all look perfect to me.

For my taste, contrast is a bit too high in all three scans. I would moderate it a bit and by doing this, colours too will fall better into place.

-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Orio.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love simple landscape photographs with no eye-catching motives - so the eye can go around searching for details and not beeing "disturbed" by a motive.
Very nice, easy compositions in all 3 of them, great series.

Cheers
Tobias