Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax K20D - K10D with Nikon lenses !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Pentax K20D - K10D with Nikon lenses ! Reply with quote

I read a post in the past about fitting Nikon lenses to Pentax digital cameras. I never tried this but after reading the post I thought I would give it a shot.

Here's what I found:

1. It does work
2. Non AI also work
3. I wouldnt suggest doing this in the field. (Lenses can fall off easily)

Perhaps I'll snap a few quick jpegs this weekend and post them.

No adaptor needed folks, it's quite a find for me. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think it works vica versa? Pentax Lenses can be mounted on Nikon without adapter? Minor shaving of the mount no problem...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

horvlas wrote:
Do you think it works vica versa? Pentax Lenses can be mounted on Nikon without adapter? Minor shaving of the mount no problem...

I have never tried this, but "hey" it's worth a shot. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon has longer register distance it will works same way than M42 works on Nikon, usable distance will be limited.

Nikon has perhaps longest register distance form all 35mm SLR , you can't mount any other type of 35mm SLR lens what is works perfectly on Nikon body.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some samples of Nikon lenses on my Pentax. Just some quick JPEGS to show that this can be done without any problems! Very Happy

AI and non-AI. Really quite a surprise!

Micro Nikkor 3.5 (Non AI) 5.6 @125

Nikkor 50mm 1.4 (Non AI) 5.6 @ 125

Tamron BBAR 24mm (AI) 5.6 @ 125

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nikon has longer register distance it will works same way than M42 works on Nikon, usable distance will be limited.

Nikon has perhaps longest register distance form all 35mm SLR , you can't mount any other type of 35mm SLR lens what is works perfectly on Nikon body.

Infinity works ! No adaptor ! No extra glass.
I know this because Im using it right now !

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely works, Nikon has longer register distance than Pentax.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Surely works, Nikon has longer register distance than Pentax.

Attila,
Your confusing me a bit.
You stated that the Nikon lenses would work on a Pentax just like M42 lenses on Nikon cameras.

M42's on Nikon cameras will not have infintiy focus capabllity without the extra glass element.
The Nikon lenses perform with no such adaptor needed on the Pentax. Infinty and closup capabilities are very usable.

So, I was a bit confused by your statement.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to make it clear.

Nikon lenses works perfectly on most 35mm SLR cameras due longest register distance, including Pentax bodies.

Pentax lenses not work on Nikon body perfectly, because they have shorter register distance than Nikon.

This is same case than M42 lenses on Nikon body.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is in French, but pictures are explicit :
http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/Photonumerique/Objectifs/adaptation-objectifs-bagues-sujet_12101_10.htm#t2247119
Simply " Shocked "

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very interesting ! ... thanks for the link

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I try to make it clear.

Nikon lenses works perfectly on most 35mm SLR cameras due longest register distance, including Pentax bodies.

Pentax lenses not work on Nikon body perfectly, because they have shorter register distance than Nikon.

This is same case than M42 lenses on Nikon body.

O.K Attila, I see what you were saying. Very Happy

The biggest surprise was that I could mount them and still use the camera functions perfect. AI and Non-AI. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any possible way to fix Nikon lenses in Pentax body ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Any possible way to fix Nikon lenses in Pentax body ?

Attila,
They semi-lock into place. I can tilt my camera all the way forward and the lens will stay mounted, but a slight jar or quick movement may dislodge them. I would suggest using them with care.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can figure out any kind of good solution that would be a great opportunity for all Pentax users.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one more JPEG shot from the Micro 55mm 3.5.

Micro 55mm 3.5 f/5.6 @ 90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K10D with Nikkor 1.4/50 Mixed light, tungsten and rest of daily one after sunset. WB set to tunsten.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: Pentax K20D - K10D with Nikon lenses ! Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
I read a post in the past about fitting Nikon lenses to Pentax digital cameras. I never tried this but after reading the post I thought I would give it a shot.

Here's what I found:

1. It does work
2. Non AI also work
3. I wouldnt suggest doing this in the field. (Lenses can fall off easily)

Perhaps I'll snap a few quick jpegs this weekend and post them.

No adaptor needed folks, it's quite a find for me. Very Happy

It's great, isn't it? Smile
I had a few Nikon fit that have a new lease of life on the K10D. They do fit quite snugly, and if I wanted to, I could drill a small locating hole on the mount for the Pentax locking pin, but I don't think I'll bother.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard about this; the only Nikon mount that I have here is a Nikon T-mount adapter that I bought years ago; it fit the D70 I had for just a couple weeks just fine, but I couldn't get it to fit my K20D.

Are there Nikon mounts that do and do not work??

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
I've heard about this; the only Nikon mount that I have here is a Nikon T-mount adapter that I bought years ago; it fit the D70 I had for just a couple weeks just fine, but I couldn't get it to fit my K20D.

You have to remove the tiny stop screw at the side of the lens mount, then it will fit on and turn about half an inch. It won't lock, but slightly jams in place enough to use. On an AIS lens, you might have to remove the secondary smaller aperture indicator quadrant, as it fouls the mounting ring/body.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
rawhead wrote:

You have to remove the tiny stop screw at the side of the lens mount, then it will fit on and turn about half an inch. It won't lock, but slightly jams in place enough to use. On an AIS lens, you might have to remove the secondary smaller aperture indicator quadrant, as it fouls the mounting ring/body.

My ais lenses fit fine, I took a shot with my Tamron 24mm ais. No problem. I love the fact that my Non-Ai lenses work also.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to try the 105/2.5 non-AI on my K10D and it worked fine. A bit easy to dislodge however...

I thought AI and AI-s lenses won't mount due to the AI indexing ring?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orly_andico wrote:
I got to try the 105/2.5 non-AI on my K10D and it worked fine. A bit easy to dislodge however...

My Tamron mounted fine. Im going to be testing others Sunday. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just put my 100mm 2.8 Ai on the camera and no problem. They can be used. Im going to assume most Nikon lenses will work fine.

Nikon E 100mm 2.8 f/5.6 @ 60

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orly_andico wrote:

This is absolutely incorrect. I posted shots taken with the Tamron AIS and the Nikon AI. No problems.