Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

All aboard! (SMC Takumar 85mm f/1.8)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: All aboard! (SMC Takumar 85mm f/1.8) Reply with quote

This one was taken at my parent's ship. My father with our son and daughter. I think the lens is plenty sharp Very Happy

(Canon EOS 5D + SMC Takumar 85mm f/1.8, ISO 800 and f/5.6)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic capture!! Great photographer instinct to grab the right moment.

And top class performance by the Takumar.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice scene, tells a story about generations.
greetings
Gerd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp indeed and a good eye

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful moment captured perfectly, the DOF is just right for this shot and the light is perfect. One of those shots that will be looked on for many a year with happy memories.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cledry wrote:
the DOF is just right for this shot

Very true.
This is something that I appreciate very much because it means great artistic attention by the photographer, and I appreciate it even more in a snapshot, because it means not only care but also great instinct.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're too kind, guys... Yes, it was intended as a snapshot. For me it's uncommon to use an 85mm lens for this type of work, and that's because I am spoiled by the APS-C format of my Pentax DSLR's.

What strikes me the most is that Orio seems to know my line of thinking. When I took this picture it was partly instinct, partly experience. I just automatically knew where to focus and what f/stop to use.
Actually, this is why I recommend manual focus lenses (most of which have DOF scales): it's much easier to learn photography this way. I hate the modern lenses without DOF scales and sometimes even distance scales... I also hate the dreaded 'focus-recompose' method and this is why I also like the large viewfinder of the 5D: even on the standard focusing screen focusing on the peripheral parts is a breeze (at least if there's enough light).

But again: thanks for the kind words!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pic, nice composition/light/sharpness with a good story and feel to it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked A brilliant shot in all matters ...

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! SImply superb Very Happy. Congrats!