Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

first pinhole shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: first pinhole shots Reply with quote

hi,

here are my first pinhole shots Laughing

dacora 6x6, do-it-yourself construction, 0,20 hole
tmax400 in xtol 1+1, scan from negative

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!! I love them ...

tf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results due to the rel. small pinhole and large negatice format. Which exposure time was that?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked

@loksi67
just fantastic! ... this photographs look somehow timeless ...

Can you teach me how to buid this self construction ? I am very curious ...

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are simply gorgeous pinhole images. Not sure I've ever seen BETTER actually. Worthy of framing and hanging to me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent !!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be a rather wide angle (and great results), do you have any idea of the 24x36 equivalent ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have my deepest respect! Not only for pictures made without a lens, but also one that does not need to be focussed. And that on the MFlenses forum Twisted Evil

But... I like the results a lot. Wonder what the bokeh of a pinhole lens looks like Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

tomorrow I´ll make some shots from the camera

hole: 0,20mm (ebay pinhole shop)
distance between hole and film: 28mm
-> f stop 140

here you can calculate your pinhole camera:
"lochkamera rechner"
http://www.die-lochkamera.de/

I think that for pinhole we need at least 6x6, best pinholes pics I´ve seen with 4"x5" http://www.dicht-dran.de/pin/ Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are beautiful! I think my set-up has a too-large hole... You really nailed this, great 'prints' too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! It seems that the 6x6 is magic for pinhole shots.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
hi,
tomorrow I´ll make some shots from the camera
hole: 0,20mm (ebay pinhole shop)
distance between hole and film: 28mm
-> f stop 140
here you can calculate your pinhole camera:
"lochkamera rechner"
http://www.die-lochkamera.de/
I think that for pinhole we need at least 6x6, best pinholes pics I´ve seen with 4"x5" http://www.dicht-dran.de/pin/ Laughing

Thanks for the info !

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic. Didn't know pinhole could be this good!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and here is the cam Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice images. I have a dacora digna too, I have yet to shoot anything with it. I bought it for pinhole conversion but it's got a cute little lens on it and I want to give it a try before I mangle it Smile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite nice shots with a pinhole camera which is about optimally constructed for that frame size Smile

However, at 600x600 pixels (only 0.36 Mpixels) they are a little bit deceiving - in two mutually contradictory ways. On the one hand, almost any correctly exposed shot will look good at that image size, even too good as most of the softness disappears, on the other hand, a small picture like this gives no idea about the amount of detail available on the negative despite the really horrendous diffraction at f/140. With very little post-processing, 6" x 6" prints can be surprisingly sharp, and with a little bit more, 960x960 or even 1200x1200 pixel images will look quite OK on screen, not at all like "pinhole photos". You should try to play with your scans! See what you can dig out.

Veijo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
It seems to be a rather wide angle (and great results), do you have any idea of the 24x36 equivalent ?

Cropping the 24x36 frame to a 24x24 square frame, the 24x36 camera would require a 14 mm lens for the same FOV, and a crop dSLR would need something like a 9 mm lens - a rectangular one, not a fish-eye.

Veijo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodrigo wrote:
Fantastic. Didn't know pinhole could be this good!

Pinhole photos come in many guises depending on the construction of the camera, from very mushy to quite sharp. Most people expect them to be on the mushy side or at least clearly recognizable as pinhole photos - a pinhole photo must look like a pinhole photo. However, pinhole cameras can also be used to produce photos which would be well nigh impossible with any other kind of camera, not quite as sharp (even with post-processing) but with a very much deeper DOF.

Have a look at my pinhole pages at http://galactinus.net/vilva/pinhole/ to see what I mean.

Veijo