Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Small harbour with Pentacon 135 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Small harbour with Pentacon 135 2.8 Reply with quote

There was so much spray around I'm surprised I could retrieve anything from this set - many of them were for the bin, right enough. It was a total pita trying to keep the gear dry and I stayed inside the vehicle for many of them, just winding a window down and leaning back inside the cab to keep the water off. Made for some amusing maneouvering in the car park and on the roadside.

This one taken with Tamron SP28-80

You can see the amount of spray in the near distance and it was impossible to capture what it was really like.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did well! For me, the first one works best. You can see how bad the weather really is.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so good for photography ,that for sure. I like them anyway, nice to see some pictures from your country.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a bit like Roundstone in Connemara but yet it also doesn't!

Great work in adverse weather conditions Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first one it reminded me of Balintoy, Antrim coast somewhere is my guess.

But then again It looks like Irish number plates on the car, so probably in the south... come on spill the beans where was it?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Looks a bit like Roundstone in Connemara but yet it also doesn't!

I was struck by the similarity myself when I first saw this pic, for all the years I've known this place. Yet, it lacks a certain something, like a crane in the water Smile

hacksawbob wrote:
But then again It looks like Irish number plates on the car, so probably in the south... come on spill the beans where was it?

It's a tiny place called Boatstrand on the south coast between Annestown and Bunmahon, west of Tramore.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
I was struck by the similarity myself when I first saw this pic, for all the years I've known this place. Yet, it lacks a certain something, like a crane in the water Smile

I was talking to the guy that took those photos before Christmas - an awful shame he didn't slap some serious copyright on them...they're all over the web Embarassed

Farside wrote:
It's a tiny place called Boatstrand on the south coast between Annestown and Bunmahon, west of Tramore.

Stayed in Bunmahon once many years ago when attending the bike show in Kilmeaden Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the lens and weather. I wonder what long exposures from a distance back would turn out, must have a wonderful glow from the spray!

There really are no reasons not to own the Pentacon 135/2.8 Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soft day in ireland. Nice to pic. (with camera protector, no?).

Pentacon is especially cream tones for this.

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really oceanic impressions. I like the third one, it shows what's going on.

Gerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them, no matter the spray.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: No spray, just mist Reply with quote

Similar type of coast in the PNW :