Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My dream came true
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: My dream came true Reply with quote

Samples first

I wanted to try Sonnar 1:4/150. And I already did it this afternoon. Of course it is not for Pentax. This is for Hasselblad and I had to use Has/PK adapter to make photos. Chrome synchro-compur in Sonnar 3.5/135 price

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CARL ZEISS

Ahh... Superb!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you use it on a bellow?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats voytek!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no comment! perfect clarity.. the best 've seen.. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
Did you use it on a bellow?

Not. I can focus from the distance about 4'. I think that this is an adapter "problem", which works (maybe works) like a macro tube. Between body and rear side of the lens there is additional 1" adapter. You can find it on ebay to have idea what is going on. Anyway I can focusing to infinity. It sounds strange but this is a true

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tremendous - particularly numbers 4 & 5.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent quality!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like no. 2 very very much.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to these excellent shots, I like 4&5 also most (since I'm a "macro guy")!

Now you know why NASA decided to bring ZEISS lenses + Hasselblad equipment to the moon.

http://history.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/a11-hass.html

For me nothing beats ZEISS macro lenses (Luminars) still up to today....invented around 1950!

Read what ZEISS thinks about it:
http://www.zeiss.com/c12567a8003b58b9/Contents-Frame/f461c4415f248a6dc125711e004ad17f

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
http://www.zeiss.com/c12567a8003b58b9/Contents-Frame/f461c4415f248a6dc125711e004ad17f

I'm sorry but thats simply marketing BS. For example the question about Japan/Germany. They have nowhere near the standard they used to have in QA. More and more often I read about people that had to change their spanking new Zeiss lenses switched up to three times, before they got a proper copy.

Zeiss nowdays is just a name, just as Schneider-Kreuznach.

Just as every other of the older companies, their quality sucks nowdays and they are only living on the reputation of old lenses. They are all marketing now. Samsung/Pentax/Tokina/Schneider-Kreuznach is an excellent example.

Tokina makes lenses for Pentax. Samsung use Pentax lenses that are rebranded. The brand on the Samsung lenses are Schneider-Kreuznach.

Nokia use crap plastic lenses in their phones, branded Carl Zeiss. There is no way in hell your going to convince me that they have QA on those lenses. Nokia spits out what, 10 millions? 50 millions? 100 millions? phones each year. What QA can possibly be done on that amount?

PS. It's Cosina that makes Zeiss nowdays? Do Zeiss have employees doing the QA or is it Cosina?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zewrak wrote:
Zeiss nowdays is just a name

do you try to break Voytek dream ?
good luck! not a easy task

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Zewrak wrote:
Zeiss nowdays is just a name

do you try to break Voytek dream ?
good luck! not a easy task

No, I am not trying to break his dream. There is no question about that Zeiss have some great lenses. And there is no question about that Canon, Pentax, Sigma, Nikon or any other manufacturer have them either. But the days where you could say "Zeiss" and it automatically means MAGIC. Is gone. But thats not Zeiss only, thats true for all manufacturers.

I who use only Pentax old lenses and have tried a number of their newer lenses can tell the same, _ALL_ Takumars I have and _MOST_ of the SMC PK lenses I have tried, lived up to my expectations. While the _NEW_ top of the line lenses from Pentax have optical problems, build quality of some of my daughters toys and mechanical problems.

This is not limited to some manufacturers or even the camera buisness. This is the nature of what the market wants. If you want top quality lenses, you have to dish out alot more then most people will ever afford.

Fact is, we want cheap stuff. Factories make cheap stuff. And we get cheap stuff.

In the past, we wanted stuff that lasted. Factories made stuff that lasted. And we got expensive stuff.

There is no way in hell, a modern factory with robots, machines, computers and what not will ever come to the quality of hand built and hand adjusted lenses. But hey, thats what the consumers wants, so it does not matter. Smile

PS. I am not dissing the lenses or OP's pictures. Which are great. I am dissing the FAQ on Zeiss site. As I stated above, its marketing bs.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhh, someone missed out on "potty training" when it comes to using proper language I guess, just missing the f-word and the n-word then all would have been said. Do we really need to have that here, or start having that here...????

Not to offend anyone or course, just a question if I'm "too oldfashioned" to be here, since I just cannot see me down at that level.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
PS. It's Cosina that makes Zeiss nowdays? Do Zeiss have employees doing the QA or is it Cosina?

I think Zeiss bought majority of Tomioka. But maybe there are other Japanese factories producing equipment for Zeiss.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know that I completely agree with you, Zewrak. Just a look at the old lens list prices that LucisPictor published on the forum some times ago would reveal the truth. Good lenses costed a lot in the past and still real good lenses cost a lot today.
Voytek lens is one of the good ones though. Hasseblad never listened to "how much wonderful are these lenses branded Zeiss but are built in Japan" and always equipped its cameras with german produced Zeiss lenses because they were aimed to the pro market.
Same stuff with Schneider lenses for large format, they were and are still built in Germany even if Nikon and Fuji built very nice LF lenses in Japan (they are often cheaper than german lenses though).
Just recently it seems Hasselblad surrendered to some Zeiss japan made lenses, sigh, times are a changing also in medium format. If I want MF japan lenses I'd go with Mamiya, they are excellent but they're different, very different from german glasses.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that what I'm seeing here Voytek, is absolute and obvious quality of the images. Everything, from the dimensional feel, to the sharpness and color and bokeh, seem to be as good as I've seen anywhere with the simple use of a computer monitor. Congratulations!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
kds315* wrote:

I'm sorry but thats simply marketing BS.

I agree, things just aren't what they used to be, but careful with that axe, Eugene Smile
It's amazing how feathers get all ruffled when people's favourite toys get the hard light of day shone on them - just ask any Leica M8 owner. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Voytek! Congrats this is truly a dream lens Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your kindly opinions.
The second CZJ for Hasselblad
Planar 2.8/80

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great planar!!!

Very nice both pics, but the n°1 has 3D of C Zeiss (only better in leitz lenses, for me).

Congratulations, Super lens and nice composition too.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Planar images are simply gorgeous. Don't know what else to say. Shocked Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

next one- first shot, bokeh "melting" me

Distagon 4/50

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
uhh, someone missed out on "potty training" when it comes to using proper language I guess, just missing the f-word and the n-word then all would have been said. Do we really need to have that here, or start having that here...????

I agree with Klaus.
I'm sorry that I missed this thread because I was busy with the work.

I personally don't understand the "lens racism" for which one lens should be worse than another of the identical type and brand just because it has been built in different world coordinates. Even less I understand when people with such certainties have never experienced and compared the lenses personally, but base their opinion on commonplaces. I will accept factual evidences that prove a difference, when they will be brought to me. Until then, I will stay with my personal experience, that I developed by buying and comparing 34 Zeiss Contax lenses, and that showed me that there are no differences in build or optical quality between Japan and German lenses.

Same goes for the lens building procedures. There is many people that are 100% sure on how this or that company produces the lenses, but have never been inside that factory. Unless there is someone with divinatory abilities, or actual proofs are submitted of how the production happens, I would call these preconceptions.
I have a PDF by Zeiss I found on Emule. It describes the procedure that Zeiss uses to build lenses. Maybe someone will say this is marketing bullshit too. I still find it interesting. It shows that while the computer-based equipment technology is largely used, a major role is still played by the individual human engineers.
If someone is interested, I can share the document. Just PM me or write an email.

Voytek, congratulations on your lenses. They will provide you with gorgeous images. The Sonnar 4/150 is an incredibly sharp lens, a real champion. I really wish I could own one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Again Voytek
It is great that you are on the Hassy path.
Of all us Zeiss fans here I Think you are the first to begin adapting the CZ Hassy lenses ( I think maybe Geoff Crimmins has a 2/110 also).
Or at least to start posting them.
Certainly this will inspire others.
Will you search a body that can find infinity?
It seems that maybe infinity is not important to your shooting style but I just wonder what's your plan.

Cheers
Andy

Last edited by F16SUNSHINE on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total