Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

UPDATED!15 y.o girl portrait - Pentax K10d Chinon 50mm f/1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: UPDATED!15 y.o girl portrait - Pentax K10d Chinon 50mm f/1.9 Reply with quote

I like this photo so much. I've been surprised by image quality providing by this cheap lens.

Last edited by Salatik on Wed May 04, 2011 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful eyes Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shot and subject!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent portrait from a beautiful young lady.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, well done! I also like the overall tonality of the image.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've been surprised by image quality providing by this cheap lens

me2, I am always surprised by the beauty of Ukrainian girl, send more Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She looks pretty grown up for 15 years.
Excellent shot!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Quote:
I've been surprised by image quality providing by this cheap lens

me2, I am always surprised by the beauty of Ukrainian girl, send more Very Happy

Yes, send more Ukrainian girls to Greece! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, beautiful portrait. Color tones fit a lot to the character on her style (sharp eyes etc)

Cheeers
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Chinons, I also got the 50mm 1.7 and it has a nice bokeh with the same nice colours and sharpness. Some local colleagues blame against c.a. but I haven't noticed any strong aberration. Migth be it depends on the lens copy, but it's one of my reference 50mm.
(Mine is PK mount).

The portrait is superb in terms of sharpness and colour. I don't lilke the background, it draws too much attention, but the girl expression is great and those clear eyes are really well lightened. Maybe the face is a bit overilluminated, if you use Adobe LR, please try a little "light recovery" (I don't know the exact name in english, my version is in spanish, sorry!).

All in all a really nice portrait, congrats.
Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed very nice photo and colour from this Chinon lens. Any post processing sharpening?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to see so many comments! Thnak you very much Smile Yes, I did some post processing first of all with contrast and saturation.
And of course I've used smart sharpen in photoshop to restore sharpness after resize.

But this lens is pretty sharp even wide open and extremly sharp stoped down (to f/2.8 ).

Here are another photos from that photosession with a little different style of post processing.

-2-

-3-

-4-
Yeah... I know this pic a little motion blured.

-5-

-6-
Wide open here

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed! Her pretty piercing blue eyes reminds me of my daughter's eyes...

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too - except I have three daughters with eyes of varying shades of blue Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen one girl with eyes having "varying shades of blue" ...
what does it depend on - mood?? Wink Wink And they all have that??