Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokyo scene 1 (train)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Tokyo scene 1 (train) Reply with quote

I will continue this series, also Kyoto scene series too, in order to encourage people to come
to see Japan and enjoy their trip to a part of Asia (east of). All the photos were shot by D700
and Distagon T* 2/28 ZF in camera jpeg output.

Station gate for commuters, A) for "Suica" card users, B) for ticket users
The cars is pre-paid one, you can travel across different railways in Tokyo area,
Every time you put a card to A), the machine register for entrance and shows how much in the card,
and at exit at your destination the machine shows remaining amount of money in your card.
Amazing thing is this machine reads and write without touching the card, so people can use it
in your wallet or at the bottom of hand bug if you are women (maybe).

This auto-mated gate is a pretty complex mechanical device, so it breaks sometime,
I was lucky to shoot a service man of fixing a problem. The most of problems might be
a jamming with a ticket. The tickets has magnetic coating back for auto-prcessing.

On a subway platform, destination and its estimated arrival time for each station on the line.

Yellow marker I put indicates train car's door positions, yes the trains stop the exactly
same position every time so that people can wait for a train in lines (efficient).

Lots of people at Shinjyuku station, 500,000 commuters come and go to/from everyday!

At above the door, there is LCD screens inside to tell next station and other information,
and some advertisement also weather forecast etc. This feature is only for JR now.
They show in Japanese and in English too, also Chinese and Korean are used for some caces.

Some stations have a monument or two for people to meet each other.

Private railway terminal station at Shibuya

Today the most of trains has at least one female only car

This red plaque tells its operating hours as a female only car during a day

Railway man and a train

Ticket booth for JR (Japanese Railway, now it is a private company)

Subway path for the station in a fashionable area of Roppongi in Tokyo

Inside of station just passing from a gate, working men and women just going home(?)

Even pillars are used for advertisement

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very neat koji - subways say so much about the users

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I always enjoy street shots.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set. I always enjoying seeing other places, especially the places not already covered in so many tourist shots. Thanks for sharing these.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Koji. It felt like I personally did a tour in the Tokyo underground.
I love this type of series, keep them coming.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japan is very exotic place to most of us ! Many thanks for these excellent series.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting reportage and great shots!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always glad to see more of Japan. Fascinating country.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Orio says, keep them coming, excellent series!

Bill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ticket booths look really scary Shocked and without a guide I guess it is easy to get lost Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series, reminds me of this 5Dmk2 video, it's worth watching!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ylacin, do not worry. Buy this card, forget buying a ticket. Very Happy
Although you have to know hot to get to the destination. Laughing