Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some portrait shots with Nikkor Ai-s 200/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Some portrait shots with Nikkor Ai-s 200/2 Reply with quote

Hi,
Some shots from my vacation in Bretagne (with my fav subject, my children of course Very Happy ):
(click for higher resolution Wink ...)
1/

2/

3/

4/

5/

6/

7/

and some try in B&W:
8/

9/

10/

11/

Thanks for looking!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing clarity , stunning shoots from beautiful kids! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice "Glow in this one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we know something: it wasn't your Leicas. It's you the photographer who did the magic. As you did equally well with the Nikkor.

#6 and #9 : in my opinion, two masterpieces.

I would like to see a series of your B&W portraits like #9 and #11 , done with real B&W film instead of digital grayscales. Those shots cry for real film.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, Pascal, you have beautiful children. And that lens! OMG! Truly remarkable.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics, beautifull children; congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great photos.... colors, contrast... everything is superb!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Pascal - all is said before. I can only repeat it. Very very nice images and the question is indeed, why do you buy Leica lenses ? Shocked

Have a nice weekend.

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, this lens is so good Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
Damn, this lens is so good Shocked

+1 amazing!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for all your nice words Embarassed ....
This lens is heavy as hell (bigger than a 300/2,8!), but that's for sure a "magic" lens! Before to buy it, I have ask myself 100 times: "Do you really need that lens, and am I "good" enough for this master piece of glass???"...Well, at this day, I still don't have the answer Laughing ..... but one thing is sure, I never regret one second to have spend so much money in one lens!!!!!
I could also buy the Nikon AFS VR 70-200 (first version) for the same amount of money, but I really think the 200/2 as something "special" witch I probably never get with the zoom 70/200, especially when you don't shoot action pictures.......

@orio: I'm a "digital" guy, probably because I'm lazy to learn how to use a film cam Embarassed .......and I know that digital B&W will never get the same rendition as real B&W film, I even don't try it!
The B&W was made within few minutes with "silver efex pro", a fantastic tool especially for "newbie" Laughing .......

@ rolf: well, "Why do I buy Leica lenses"? As I said before, it's only your fault Laughing Laughing Laughing

And I forgot to said, but all these shoots are handled and for most of them, without any PP so no sharpness added, even wide open Wink .....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the digital, i like the b&w shots, especially the last. And i'm doing b&w film ! : )

Impressive sharpness, cause i presume the lens is a "bit" heavy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Now we know something: it wasn't your Leicas. It's you the photographer who did the magic. As you did equally well with the Nikkor.

#6 and #9 : in my opinion, two masterpieces.

I would like to see a series of your B&W portraits like #9 and #11 , done with real B&W film instead of digital grayscales. Those shots cry for real film.

+1
8,9 my faves
also would like to see that glass and portraits like those on bw film.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:

Impressive sharpness, cause i presume the lens is a "bit" heavy.

Merci hexi.....
yes verrrrrrrrrrry heavy Sad ......but on the other hands, I have always a good reason to ask my girlfriend for a massage after a walk with this lens Rolling Eyes ...
Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! Shocked

and wow ...

and finally wow! Smile

tf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
wow! Shocked

and wow ...

and finally wow! Smile

tf

I only say ....wow!! Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, congrats. Striking shots with lots of dynamics. Great use of DOF.

Cheers
Tobias