Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some CZ Vario-Sonnar shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Some CZ Vario-Sonnar shots Reply with quote

Hi,

during my today´s evening walk I used only the CZ Vario-Sonnar f:4/80-200mm and CZ Vario-Sonnar f:3.3-4/28-85mm

Below few shots with these lenses and 1DsMkIII.

Thanks for viewing and comments.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice focal length coverage with only 2 lenses and great IQ. Seems like a good setup Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, great contrast but too much sharpening

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice series, great contrast but too much sharpening

Thanks Poilu for your comment.

What do you think if you click on the image and see the new one ? I have discussed this with Attila several times. The posted image and that what will pop up are different and the posted one are often too sharp.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IQ of these Contax era Vario's continue to impress! I clicked to see the newer, less sharpened versions and and agree, they are better. Thanks for sharing the samples.

I know the subject of bokeh is so subjective, but to me, each Contax lens bokeh seems seems so much better than any of it's modern Sony/Zeiss counterparts. Kind of sad, but I prefer to convert all the old stuff than to buy any of the new lenses which would be so easy for me.

K.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thePiRaTE!! wrote:
The IQ of these Contax era Vario's continue to impress! I clicked to see the newer, less sharpened versions and and agree, they are better. Thanks for sharing the samples.

I know the subject of bokeh is so subjective, but to me, each Contax lens bokeh seems seems so much better than any of it's modern Sony/Zeiss counterparts. Kind of sad, but I prefer to convert all the old stuff than to buy any of the new lenses which would be so easy for me.

K.

Thank you for your comment.

You have right, in the meantime I´m thinking about to sell some of my new L-lenses because I never use it.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really beautiful shots! I am surprised how far spring is in your area.

Speziell das Foto mit der krassen Wolkenformation ist umwerfend.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contax is my love and these pictures have typical Zeiss rendering ...

Regarding that sharpening;
The thing is that when clicking on a picture it seems to be less sharp ..

I think the best thing how to show a picture is a link with [img] brackets ..

tf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice images, Rolf, with a great set of lenses!

But I also think that they are oversharpened.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any difference in sharpening between the embedded and popup images, I only see a difference in image size, in that sometimes, but not always, the popup image is smaller.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I don't see any difference in sharpening between the embedded and popup images, I only see a difference in image size, in that sometimes, but not always, the popup image is smaller.

+1, no diff with popup images
I will travel 3 weeks with my HP laptop 1280x800 13" and every pics look beautiful

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning the differences between embedded and popup images :

Try it for example with the last image ( that one with the castle on the top) and look at the small windows at this castle. On my screen (IMAC) there is a clear difference to see between the two images. The windows at the embedded looks indeed oversharpend, the popup not.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:

Try it for example with the last image ( that one with the castle on the top) and look at the small windows at this castle. On my screen (IMAC) there is a clear difference to see between the two images. The windows at the embedded looks indeed oversharpend, the popup not.

They look the same on my monitor. Maybe you have a better monitor which lets you see more differences.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Rolf wrote:

They look the same on my monitor. Maybe you have a better monitor which lets you see more differences.

For reference/curiosity, they are different on my monitor as well. Using HP2474w (24" S-IPS panel LCD).

K.