Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider-Kreuznach Curtagon 28/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Schneider-Kreuznach Curtagon 28/4 Reply with quote

Not a fast lens but I was pleasently surprised by the low distortion and overall color rendering.

Used on Oly e410 for a studio still life shot:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Alessandro. I have the 35/4 and there is a definite family resemblance.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you (both of you) have straight photo samples (I mean non processed) from your lenses, to evaluate the output?
I mean common things like landscapes, houses, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great capture ! I like very much!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Do you (both of you) have straight photo samples (I mean non processed) from your lenses, to evaluate the output?
I mean common things like landscapes, houses, etc.

The unprocessed shot above (pure RAW conversion, so no effect applied)

Last edited by A G Photography on Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the processed shot. Beautiful.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
I love the processed shot. Beautiful.

Thanks Schanuzer, and the others too.

I didn't postprocessed a lot the image. I added the background from a different shot because I wasn't able to build a so high set to have good separation between the two lights.
Then there's just a mild high pass sharpening and Alien Skin Provia at about 66% to increase contrast (levels would do about the same thing). That's all. Distortion was almost non existant, detail was there so no need to strong sharpening while the colors were natural and balanced to start from.

Using real film slide would need almost no post production, this is why I love that lens. You got 95% of the work done.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pro image!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic Photograph. Very clean, pure and aesthetically correct ...

Cheers
Tobbsman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THINK --- the background on the first shot without post-process --- better -no matter if some details on the left side are invisible --

I mean the background looks more natural -- 3d effect guaranteed ...

I would avoid the adding of light on the left side

anyway -- looks perfect and professional !

tf