Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax K-5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The D7000 results look more realistic to me Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-5? wow!

that high iso performance is really superb!!!

tf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this test comparing the Pentax K-5 to Canon 5D, 5DII and 7D the K-5 distinguished itself with higher dynamic range at low ISO
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1036&thread=37056118

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your sensors, there may be stains.
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/125009-stains-your-k5d-sensor-poll.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
K-5? wow!

that high iso performance is really superb!!!

tf

+1 Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These figures are surely impressive. Too bad I can not mount my lenses on Pentax cameras. Otherwise this camera would have been my first choice as an APS-C unit.
Canon's 5DIII should be released next autumn. I hope that Canon engineers can be able to implement this same technology into the 5DIII - although this will mean I'll have to empty my bank again...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are rumors that Pentax is planning to introduce its own EVIL camera. Maybe a good alternatiive to the Sony NEX, Samsung etc. EVIL's?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
There are rumors that Pentax is planning to introduce its own EVIL camera. Maybe a good alternatiive to the Sony NEX, Samsung etc. EVIL's?

The NEX is very tempting, amazing small form factor, specially with rangefinder lenses, and that with a very good APS-C sensor
2 of my friends who use old manual lenses love the NEX, they say it exposes old manual lenses very well even in all auto mode.
I am looking forward to hopefully even more interesting choices in this camera sector.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeiEizh wrote:
Check your sensors, there may be stains.
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/125009-stains-your-k5d-sensor-poll.html

I know this problem from Canon too. They exchanged my first 1DsMkIII after 8000 shots because it was not possible to make after professional cleaning 50 shots without these spots. I believe it was to much "oil".

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read the first page and seems they are under the AA-filter. So cleaning won't help.

I feel sad, because it's a helluva camera.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: the *DSLR of the Decade ;-) Reply with quote

some really like the K5 a lot, a quote: "As an all rounder, nobody makes a better DSLR than the Pentax K5 at any price. And in the end that is why I name the Pentax K5 the *DSLR of the Decade."
from: http://photographic-central.blogspot.com/2011/10/pentax-k5-dslr-review.html

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks a great camera alright! But best DSLR of the decade, when only compared to other Pentax models, the Sony a580 and mirrorless models? Shocked Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
It looks a great camera alright! But best DSLR of the decade, when only compared to other Pentax models, the Sony a580 and mirrorless models? Shocked Laughing

haha Graham, I admit that did not even read that far, had found the link in a forum and deemed the provocative, certainly 'controversial' catchline being worthy Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a pentaxforum I read a long post about problems with a manual focus on K-5. Apparently the focus confirmation is way off. It needs -10 correction for better focus confirmation. What are your experiences with the focus confirmation?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's a shame when one of the selling points for the brand is the 'best' backward compatibility they don't take care of the little details like better support of manual focusing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strudelj wrote:
On a pentaxforum I read a long post about problems with a manual focus on K-5. Apparently the focus confirmation is way off. It needs -10 correction for better focus confirmation. What are your experiences with the focus confirmation?

First I'd heard of that....
I have found the af indicator hexagon light is quite accurate.
More than the view really.
For that reason I have just fitted a canon Ee-s focussing screen that visually shows focus much better.
This was mainly to benefit my SMC 50mmf1:1.2

cheers
Pete

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeiEizh wrote:
I just read the first page and seems they are under the AA-filter. So cleaning won't help.

I feel sad, because it's a helluva camera.

Old news really...fixed under warranty.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW , Shocked Shocked
Whata lowlight performance !!!!
I didn't knew about .