Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Overseer Mountain, Pemberton British Columbia
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Overseer Mountain, Pemberton British Columbia Reply with quote

Overseer Mountain, British Columbia Canada

Height: 2749 m (9019 ft)

A high peak at the north end of the Pemberton Icecap, on the east side of upper Meager Creek and at the glacial headwaters of South Creek. (47 km NW of Pemberton).

Overseer is the highest peak on the Pemberton Icecap and a popular ski ascent. The surrounding terrain is heavily glaciated but the west face of Overseer is a steep rock cliff. Only the upper portion is solid, however; the lower two thirds are mostly rubble. The Harrison Hut is located west of the peak across an intervening ridge. Access is via a trail from Meager Creek that reaches Harrison Hut to the east.

After little encouragement here are a few pictures from my last climbing trip. Please note that I am using Planar 1.7/50 for landscape photography. It's not recommended. Many photographers use wide angle and I am now looking for something cheap on e-bay.

Until then I have to use what I have. I was shooting RAW + JPG and this pictures are adjusted from RAW file using only one plugin called FocalBlade in Photoshop Elements 7.

Few more here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/38718571@N06/sets/72157621330478057/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 is amazing, looks like a CG 3D render.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
#2 is amazing, looks like a CG 3D render.

Fully agree, outstanding sharpness...

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Orio.

Here in Vancouver rains a lot but this summer few times I was able to get to the mountains in perfect weather.

Please see this picture from beginning of July:
Xsi & planar

and this one from June:

This picture was done by my Xsi and Jashica 50mm lens. Latter I got Planar.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the second one is wonderful! Who said that the Planar is not good for landscapes?
The image looks so detailed to me, that Orios is absolutely right, it looks like a very good CG render Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just WOW!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoran

You were far too modest in your introduction. These are terrific

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The both second ones are very nice.
Are you really a novice photographer?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine pics.
Don't be too worried about the lack of a wideangle, just rattle off a few jpgs and stitch them into a pano, for very little memory space on your card.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice -- the 3rd is my fav!!!

many thanks for sharing these ..

tf