Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old village and girl
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Old village and girl Reply with quote

All the pics by Pancolar 50mm/1.8 and Nikon D80

Last edited by soullivan on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:54 am; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pastel tones and good looking model. Have you tried B&W with these? I think they would look great.

I think the black nightlife shoes are not the best choice here, I would have used more simple shoes (like straw shoes) for this environment.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Nice pastel tones and good looking model. Have you tried B&W with these? I think they would look great.

Orio, do you like B&W? Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Soullivan, but all B&W.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! She is really beautiful.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Girl. I like the last one. This looks like a really beautiful location also. I think in all shots she looks a bit uncomfortable and is forcing her poses too much. If I can make this suggestion. Sometimes it is good for a young inexperienced model to bring a friend to a shoot. Not to generalize but my sense and experience goes like this. A young person is very conscious of what their peers think of them. They want positive reinforcement and seek it at all times. By having a friend there it gives them someone to "perform" for . This someone will compliment them later on the great job they did so they tend to really ham it up. This can potentially backfire but not usually.

As a photographer it is much easier to calm down a loose attitude in a model than to loosen up a tight one.

A more experienced model knows how to work for the camera and Photographer. The end result is much more important than the opinion of friends. But of course you have to pay a lot more for this experience.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Beautiful Girl. I like the last one. This looks like a really beautiful location also. I think in all shots she looks a bit uncomfortable and is forcing her poses too much. If I can make this suggestion. Sometimes it is good for a young inexperienced model to bring a friend to a shoot. Not to generalize but my sense and experience goes like this. A young person is very conscious of what their peers think of them. They want positive reinforcement and seek it at all times. By having a friend there it gives them someone to "perform" for . This someone will compliment them later on the great job they did so they tend to really ham it up. This can potentially backfire but not usually.

As a photographer it is much easier to calm down a loose attitude in a model than to loosen up a tight one.

A more experienced model knows how to work for the camera and Photographer. The end result is much more important than the opinion of friends. But of course you have to pay a lot more for this experience.

Thanks for your suggestion!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are really nice in my opinion , beautiful model nice poses etc. I wish to take some similar pictures well done!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, beautiful girl and interesting setting, well done!

Bill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These images are breathtaking. While I agree with Orio about the shoes, I feel that the rest are just excellent in every way. The tonality with the Pancolar is magnificent.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, I think about shoes same, ladies are more pretty in sandals , but in this environment should better to take a more simpler one.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots indeed. I like all of them, with my preferred one the #4 because the model expression with those eyes that drag you into the image.
Just a nitpicking thing is about #3 where the focus, in my opinion (I could be wrong), is too near the camera.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb results soullivan
the Pancolar make to textures and bokeh
and the main flower is beautiful

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I particularly like the pose and composition of number 2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 2 and 4 for me. Gorgeous model well captured.