Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Notre Dame de Cousignac pano
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Notre Dame de Cousignac pano Reply with quote

Good evening, I'm still playing with my Pancolar. Today I went to my friend and neighbour to take a picture of his chapel.He's a winemaker and his "domaine" is called like the chapel. No, he isn't rich. The foundations of the chapel goes back to the 6th century and was "rebuilt" in the 12th century. He was married and his daughters christened by his uncle in this chapel.
Some publicity : His, very good, wine is sold in the US. Smile No, I wont get a commission on his sales.
Here's the photo. Stitch of 28 photos. Sorry, but it is impossible to take a phot from another distance because of the trees around there. Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good composition. The point of view enhances the majesty of the ancient building. The perfect lighting outlines a peaceful piece of countryside. Congrats for all the careful and patient work, 28 shots ain't few to manage.

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, it really conveys the atmosphere.

I would suggest that you take the photo again next month, with the leaves fallen down the architecture will be more visible (although I also like the shadow play in the current photo, but for other reason)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice chapel in difficult light
28 pics stich, wow that's lot of work

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a 28-photo stitch. Excellent results, though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your comments. Stitching is not the big problem, the computer does it for me Embarassed . Shooting was quite more delicate because I still didn't fix a Nikon bayonet on the lens and I have to hold the lens onto my Nikon.
to Orio :
There will be no real change next month because the trees around the chapel keeps their leaves. But I will try it to take some pictures at the 8th of December evening. The place will be illuminated and all the neighbours will come together there to drink some hot wine (we do that every year). Other people are welcome too, there's a collect to raise funds to renovate this chapel (the oldest one in the area).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Orio mentioned before, love the shadowplay and the colors look like you used slide film, nice! Looking forward to those Dec. 8 shots!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
As Orio mentioned before, love the shadowplay and the colors look like you used slide film, nice! Looking forward to those Dec. 8 shots!

The last few days we had very good light here, never seen that before in November. sad to say that I was locked in my office almost all the time.
BTW photo taken with Nikon D60 at F18 hand-held.
Andreas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andreas - stellar performance. Even though the computer does a lot of wthe work, it can't make miracles if you did not take them right in the first place. 28!

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

I have to apologize, but the event was cancelled due to the rainy weather of the last days. There's to much mood around the place and my friend Raphaël couldn't install the lights under the rain. Sorry, but it's the first time he had to cancel the event. Doing it another day is impossible, Catholics will understand.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty awesome to get 28 shots while holding the lense onto the body and get them all tack sharp. Well done...plus it's a great picture.

What is the name of the wine your friend sells? I'll have a look out for it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBaker wrote:
That's pretty awesome to get 28 shots while holding the lense onto the body and get them all tack sharp. Well done...plus it's a great picture.

What is the name of the wine your friend sells? I'll have a look out for it.

I've got a stiff arm Laughing . For the wine : he produces the wine, it's an offence to say that a winemaker sells wine Surprised . Google for "Notre Dame de Cousignac" and you will find it. "Leon Pommier" is as good as a Gigondas (at less) but only for the half of the money. .
I don't know about the prices in Usa and Canada but here in France it's a bargain.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this very much.

Would it be possible to tell where it is located precise? It looks like a chapel I walk by, between Le Puy and Saint Jean Pied de Port.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andreas,

this is a really nice shot. yes, stiching is sometimes hery handy if thesubject is surrounded with lots of trees etc. which make different shooting angles impossible. very well done ...

Cheers Tobias