Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New MFLenses.com adapters ... coming soon!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Any chance of Exakta/Contax Yashica to Canon FD body? Reply with quote

I use a Canon 40D, hope to get a 5D when/if...BUT, I also use an old but mint Canon F-1 for film, because every now and then, you need to use film...

I would love to mount my Exakta and C/Y Zeiss lenses on the Canon F-1, which has a register even shallower than the EOS mount.

I know Canon used to make an Exakta lens adapter a long time ago, but I've never run across one. I don't think a C/Y adapter was ever made.

Not sure of the demand for something like this...I would purchase at least one of each, or maybe more and then try to sell on eeeeeBBBBBaaaayyy, if that would help defray the cost.

I would also commit to a quality Exakta>EOS adapter too.

Of course, I think everyone in this forum should standarize on Canon FD as their film 'platform', so there would be enough demand to make adapters available for me! Wink Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to have a Contax rangefinder lens (prewar) to Leica M bayonet mount adapter?
IMagine the use... possibility of using the old Contax or Russian Jupiter rangefinder lenses on a modern day Bessa T or R body.
Very affordable and top quality images.
I would certainly buy one or more.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Any chance of Exakta/Contax Yashica to Canon FD body? Reply with quote

eggboy wrote:
I use a Canon 40D, hope to get a 5D when/if...BUT, I also use an old but mint Canon F-1 for film, because every now and then, you need to use film...

I would love to mount my Exakta and C/Y Zeiss lenses on the Canon F-1, which has a register even shallower than the EOS mount.

I know Canon used to make an Exakta lens adapter a long time ago, but I've never run across one. I don't think a C/Y adapter was ever made.

Not sure of the demand for something like this...I would purchase at least one of each, or maybe more and then try to sell on eeeeeBBBBBaaaayyy, if that would help defray the cost.

I would also commit to a quality Exakta>EOS adapter too.

Of course, I think everyone in this forum should standarize on Canon FD as their film 'platform', so there would be enough demand to make adapters available for me! Wink Wink

At the moment i can only get Nikon F to FD adapter. I will check if there are more 'flavors'.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any luck on your investigation on adapters for Minolta/Sony A mount? Sent you a few PMs but have not heard from you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any update on the Exakta -> eos adapter?
I'm in need for one

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to everybody,
I am new to this forum.
I am also looking for an adapter Exakta-EOS with AF-confirm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOu have very nice Nick Laughing Laughing Welcome!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
Any luck on your investigation on adapters for Minolta/Sony A mount? Sent you a few PMs but have not heard from you.

sorry if i missed your PM.
I am working on an Exakta to Pentax PK adapter with does not reach infinity.
If this is done, i can try to do Exakta to Sony/Minolta.

The thing is ... i am not sure if the Sony adapter demand is big enough to cover my development cost and minimum production run.

For other kinds of mount ... i think chance is slim, not only because of the limited market, but also since the diameter of the Sony mount is relatively small, a lot of lenses will just not fit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkleywegt wrote:
any update on the Exakta -> eos adapter?
I'm in need for one

The Exakta to EOS adapter is now available.

Prices:
Without AF Confirm chip: USD35
With AF Confirm chip: USD50

Shipping: USD3 (Registered Airmail)

Please add 3% for Paypal charges.
MFLmembers do not need to pay this 3% Laughing

**** 10% discount **** Till 15 April 2009 ****

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
...The thing is ... i am not sure if the Sony adapter demand is big enough to cover my development cost and minimum production run.

For other kinds of mount ... i think chance is slim, not only because of the limited market, but also since the diameter of the Sony mount is relatively small, a lot of lenses will just not fit.

Diameter of the mouth of the A-mount is wider slightly than K-mount, shouldn't have any trouble to fit this adapter over Exakta, if thats what you mean?

Registration for Exa is 44.7 and 44.5 for Alpha. Little bit of room to move. Typical flanged adapter probably won't reach infinity still, but very close, though infinity on some Exakta lenses can be adjusted (as per Luis Alegria's notes on Biotar infinity adjustment).

But what of a locking adapter like the 'official' K to M42 which sits flush in the mouth of the mount? This will be unobtrusive and allow infinity with Exa on A (with .2mm overshoot). I'm not sure how thin the AF confirm contacts could be made, but if a combination of the above locking adapter with a .2mm spacer/shim with the contacts on it could be designed, it would perhaps be the perfect solution.

K.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: How do we order? Reply with quote

This is great! How do we order?

And, what other items are available (since I'm paying shipping from Asia, might as well order several things at once!)

Is there a shop page, or an eeeeebbbbbbaaaaayyyyyy storefront?

Thanks again.

hk300 wrote:

The Exakta to EOS adapter is now available.

Prices:
Without AF Confirm chip: USD35
With AF Confirm chip: USD50

Shipping: USD3 (Registered Airmail)

Please add 3% for Paypal charges.
MFLmembers do not need to pay this 3% Laughing

**** 10% discount **** Till 15 April 2009 ****

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can get most available adapters and many other related items. Just send me a pm or post in this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in the Exacta-EOS mount, but also in the flanged M42-PK mount (that is, the one that will push the pin)... if that one's almost ready to go, I want to wait and order both; how's it lookin?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
I'm interested in the Exacta-EOS mount, but also in the flanged M42-PK mount (that is, the one that will push the pin)... if that one's almost ready to go, I want to wait and order both; how's it lookin?

Exakta to EOS => ready
M42 to PK with flange => will be ready in 2 weeks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Some requests here too Smile

I need Exakta->EOS for my Novoflex bellows. Also I am interested in M42->EOS, but for my Mamiya SX lenses, which have that nasty aperture ring.

Preferably AF-Confirm adapters.

Crispian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M42 to EOS w/ AF confirm? I would buy some of these if available. Would rather give you my money than someone else. Let me know

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
rawhead wrote:

Exakta to EOS => ready
M42 to PK with flange => will be ready in 2 weeks

Great, the Exakta can wait (I don't have an Exakta lens yet anyway Wink So I'll order both when the PK adapter is ready Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halllo Alex

I need one adapter Exacta to EOS w/ AF confirm

PM sent

Siswono

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Do you have adaptor for Nikon ? I wanted to mount C/Y or Contax mount lens to my Nikon D70. Thanks.

Regards

Christopher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex

pm sent - I would like to buy an exakta/eos adapter with chip

Thanks

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M42 to PK with flange => will be ready in 2 weeks would really love one of these, if I can put my name down for one

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have adapters for
Rollei QBM -> EOS
or
Rollei -> 4/3 or M4/3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the demand for Sony, I think it would be pretty high. In fact, it'd probably be higher than Olympus, considering that market share for Sony is higher… You've also have to bear in mind that the Sony A900 is one of the most affordable full frame cameras on the market nowadays. So… come on, man, you know you can do it! Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you or someone could produce something like the VGR for Sony/Minolta A mount, I am sure it will sell like hot cakes in the Sony/Minolta Community.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about M42 to C/Y?