Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New MFLenses.com adapters ... coming soon!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

great project!
Any news on odering/availability? I would like to test
the C/Y one ...

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah. i am sony user as well.
My dream mount will be:
1) C/Y -> Sony Amount
2) Leica M mount -> Sony Amount

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got on the bandwagon. Most Sony users go for Sony for their pricing advantage thus MF lenses would naturally fit into their budget. The demand for any MF lenses to MAF would be fantastic.The M42/T2 lens to MAF with Aperture flange would top the list. You can do it... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Sony users are people too :-) Reply with quote

Same here... Another SONY DSLR user who is feeling left out of all this MF love...

I have several wonderful Minolta MC/MD lenses I would love to use on my Sony but can't because of the flange difference. I know everyone says that is impossible but I have a Minolta 58mm f/1.2 lens and when I simply placed the lens a bit into the MAF mount, I was able to move infinity limit from a foot or so (with thicker macro glassless adapter) to ten or more feet. Since I use this lens only for portraiture and close ups, anything like focus up to fifteen feet would be more than I need.

So, are there any adapter designs for MD lenses that is designed so that the lens sits further into the MAF mount than it it is supposed to? Kind of like older ultra-wide angle lenses that needed mirror lockup?

I really placed this lens deep into the mount and there was no problem with clearing the mirror. So... since the Minolta MD mount diameter is smaller than MAF, perhaps the adapter can sit more inside my sony and allow the MD lens to get closer to sensor enough to preserve moderate distance focusing?

I'm willing to pay for such an adapter.

Also I would love a glassless adapter from Pentax K to MAF, Nikon to MAF, M39 (for enlarger lenses) to MAF, OM to MAF (is this possible?) and some of the medium format lenses to MAF (Pentax 645?)

An M42/Minolta MD adapter that provided full aperture metering and AF confirm would make my dreams come true!

These older lenses will be so valuable when I get a full frame SONY (not A900)

Alphan wrote:
Just got on the bandwagon. Most Sony users go for Sony for their pricing advantage thus MF lenses would naturally fit into their budget. The demand for any MF lenses to MAF would be fantastic.The M42/T2 lens to MAF with Aperture flange would top the list. You can do it... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy