Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My three ex-models
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: My three ex-models Reply with quote

are my daughters. They won't model for me anymore after having their pics taken a million times. These were taken four years ago when I first got my Nikkor 105/2.5. It is still one of my favourite portrait lenses.
Daughter #3

Daughter #2

Daughter #1

The first two no longer wear braces on their teeth and the eldest is a mother. Time flies

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My synpathies...My sons are the same way, they put up their hands when I bring out a camera...The sympathy part also extends to the fact of your having 3 lovely daughters...By the time they are all married you may very well be a pauper...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She has beautiful blue eyes on pic 2#, my favorite is #1 that is a perfect portrait to me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Patrick, you have a superb collection of daughters
great portraits, memories that a proud father can see million times with the same happiness

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Patrick, really nice!.
It's normal. At home nobody wants to pose for me to be shot...
Even my wife, when we're about to go for a walk, always asks:
--"Are you going to walk with me or with your camera"... Wink

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:

Even my wife, when we're about to go for a walk, always asks:
--"Are you going to walk with me or with your camera"... Wink

Jes.

YES! Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments - I mainly posted out of nostalgia "Those were the good old days". I have been rooting around in some of my earlier digital records because I have found that my skills at processing are much better than they used to be and I have been amazed at what a difference it can make. Also I really do love that nikkor even though I now have the 1.8 version as well.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice portraits, Patrick!
Although I agree with Attila that #1 is probably the best, I have to say that all three are very good in my opinion, because they are different from each other.
Often in case of children or relatives, the photographer imposes his style on the subject, but here, you left your daughters the "room" to react spontaneously to the camera, and you obtained three different reactions, that might, or might not, coincide with their different characters (this only you can know), but for sure, they offer a varied look to the spectator. Congratulations! And keep on rediscovering the old shots, I think this is very interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three daughters, That must have been a hand full.

I think you have caught an expression I well recognize from our daughter in both #1 and #3.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed this thread before.
These are great Portraits and a nice looking crew. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
These are great Portraits and a nice looking crew. Smile

I totally agree ! Nice portraits !

Cheers
Tobias